This is an easy to use utility for performing some tasks on SNES / SFC ROMs!
Following functions are included:
Add header: adds an empty header
Remove header: removes an existing header
Edit ROM information like title, country/region and version
Fix checksum: fixes a broken checksum. You always should do this before saving, if possible. Please note that some beta or demo ROMs have an odd checksum anyway …
Fix ROM size: fixes wrong internal ROM size information (useful for some ROM hacks)
Expand ROM: expands ROM to a specific size up to 64 Mbit (BS-X up to 32 Mbit). Mirror option should only be used, when there are problems with standard expanding. Always check if your ROM still works after doing this!
Split ROM: splits ROM into multiple parts
SwapBin: swaps binaries to get a “Close-to-SNES-Mask-ROM”-layout (27C801)
Deinterleave: some copy stations like “Game Doctor SF” or “Super UFO” use interleaving when dumping HiROM games. This will reverse...
Minor update, fixing some issues with the large rendering change, and adding super useful debugger command macros.
Rewrote command line processor
Added debugger macros to the command line '+def[0-9]"g $8000". use ";" for multiple commands: '+def[0-9]"g $8000;m$4000". ALT+[0-9] to play macro.
Fixed a crash when L2 left clip was > L2 right clip
L2 no longer renders with top clip was > L2 bottom clip
Fixed a bug in the ULA rendering where the border colour was being set to the fallback colour, and not the border colour (which matches global transparancy).
Updated TileTest screen mode test app
OpenTK upgraded to v3.3.3
Snes9x - Portable Super Nintendo Entertainment System (TM) emulator
This is a small release for a bunch of little things that have accumulated. Big changes behind the hood are a change to the tile renderer so that it builds much quicker, and a swap of the Gtk port to C++ bindings, both of which should be unnoticeable. Michael Buckley also wrote a completely new macOS port, due to the complete deprecation of the classic APIs the old port used.
Fixed an out-of-bound memory access in sound DSP. (Sour, byuu)
Revert default SFX2 clock speed increase.
Added a render position hack. Fixes glitches in several games.
- Restructured tile.cpp tile renderer from heavy macros into C++
templates, significantly lowering compile time. (yoffy)
- MichaelBuckley provided a brand new MacOS port that is completely
rewritten based on newer, supported APIs.
- Fixed an out-of-bound memory access in sound...
Ares Git (2022/02/28) is compiled. ares is a multi-system emulator that began development on October 14th, 2004. It is a descendent of higan and bsnes, and focuses on accuracy and preservation.
ares currently emulates the following 27 hardware devices:
* Famicom + Famicom Disk System
* Super Famicom + Super Game Boy
* Nintendo 64 (under development)
* Game Boy + Game Boy Color
* Game Boy Advance + Game Boy Player
* SG-1000 + SC-3000
* Master System + Game Gear
* Mega Drive + Mega CD
* PC Engine + PC Engine CD + SuperGrafx
* MSX + MSX2
* Neo Geo Pocket + Neo Geo Pocket Color
* WonderSwan + WonderSwan Color + SwanCrystal + Pocket Challenge V2
Ares Git changelog:
* Revert "ares: remove performance renderers"
* m68000: reimplement DBcc instruction with correct timing
* ares: remove performance renderers
* nall: fix many compilation warnings on macOS
* md: fix debug register sprite masking
* md: fix APU port in
* md: second attempt at vblank bit timing