This is an easy to use utility for performing some tasks on SNES / SFC ROMs!
Following functions are included:
Add header: adds an empty header
Remove header: removes an existing header
Edit ROM information like title, country/region and version
Fix checksum: fixes a broken checksum. You always should do this before saving, if possible. Please note that some beta or demo ROMs have an odd checksum anyway …
Fix ROM size: fixes wrong internal ROM size information (useful for some ROM hacks)
Expand ROM: expands ROM to a specific size up to 64 Mbit (BS-X up to 32 Mbit). Mirror option should only be used, when there are problems with standard expanding. Always check if your ROM still works after doing this!
Split ROM: splits ROM into multiple parts
SwapBin: swaps binaries to get a “Close-to-SNES-Mask-ROM”-layout (27C801)
Deinterleave: some copy stations like “Game Doctor SF” or “Super UFO” use interleaving when dumping HiROM games. This will reverse...
Snes9x - Portable Super Nintendo Entertainment System (TM) emulator
This is a small release for a bunch of little things that have accumulated. Big changes behind the hood are a change to the tile renderer so that it builds much quicker, and a swap of the Gtk port to C++ bindings, both of which should be unnoticeable. Michael Buckley also wrote a completely new macOS port, due to the complete deprecation of the classic APIs the old port used.
Fixed an out-of-bound memory access in sound DSP. (Sour, byuu)
Revert default SFX2 clock speed increase.
Added a render position hack. Fixes glitches in several games.
- Restructured tile.cpp tile renderer from heavy macros into C++
templates, significantly lowering compile time. (yoffy)
- MichaelBuckley provided a brand new MacOS port that is completely
rewritten based on newer, supported APIs.
- Fixed an out-of-bound memory access in sound...
Ares Git (2022/02/28) is compiled. ares is a multi-system emulator that began development on October 14th, 2004. It is a descendent of higan and bsnes, and focuses on accuracy and preservation.
ares currently emulates the following 27 hardware devices:
* Famicom + Famicom Disk System
* Super Famicom + Super Game Boy
* Nintendo 64 (under development)
* Game Boy + Game Boy Color
* Game Boy Advance + Game Boy Player
* SG-1000 + SC-3000
* Master System + Game Gear
* Mega Drive + Mega CD
* PC Engine + PC Engine CD + SuperGrafx
* MSX + MSX2
* Neo Geo Pocket + Neo Geo Pocket Color
* WonderSwan + WonderSwan Color + SwanCrystal + Pocket Challenge V2
Ares Git changelog:
* Revert "ares: remove performance renderers"
* m68000: reimplement DBcc instruction with correct timing
* ares: remove performance renderers
* nall: fix many compilation warnings on macOS
* md: fix debug register sprite masking
* md: fix APU port in
* md: second attempt at vblank bit timing