What's new

Project64’s Future (donations and v1.7 beta development)

Derek

less evil admin ;)
Encouraging people to donate? Very, very good.

But, I am worried about a leak. Need to iron out preventative measures.

RottNKorpse

Viva la PJ64!
it's less like encouragement more like permission...I am sure there are hundreds of people who would like to donate and not even get anything extra for it.

The possibility of leaking is a problem but the only way to never let that happen is to not give out the updates and such. Which would be cool with me, I would still do the behind the scenes thing whatever they are calling it...just to even get time updates would be great. So lets see what happens...

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
w00t! Good luck guys, I can't donate 'cause I'm only 14 but hopefully you'll get heaps. I might be able to get dad to donate for me but I'm not promising anything.

Poobah

MiretanK.O said:
Now i'd like to ask you a thing... is it possible to make PJ64 compatible with others types of compressed files? You know, .rar and .7z compress much better than zip, and it would be really be helpful when you have a lot of games :)

That's just what I've been wanting to see in a '64 emulator -- 7zip support. I don't see why it isn't even being considered.

justin023

Dominated Master Quest
I would like to donate because I want to see better versions of this, but unfortunatetly, I have nothing to spare. BTW, any word on the dynamic lighting for Turok 2? Or is that game still unstable?

Last edited:

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
I would LOVE to donate...

Except the last time I did, the project shut down two weeks later. If I could have some sort of assurance that the project would indeed continue, then yes, I would definately donate.

In any event, thanks for the update. The N64 continues to STILL be my favorite system. :)

DJRobX

I would definitely be interested in donating and becoming a beta tester in return. I like to donate towards active projects, and I'd love to participate in the development!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ceedj said:
I would LOVE to donate...

Except the last time I did, the project shut down two weeks later. If I could have some sort of assurance that the project would indeed continue, then yes, I would definately donate.

In any event, thanks for the update. The N64 continues to STILL be my favorite system. :)

this had us scratching out heads. we think probably you donated soon before v1.4 was released and donations were closed at the release, is that right? if so i apologise on behalf of zilmar/jabo. just want to let you know about a few things.. one, there are more of us working on this this time, and we're putting a lot of effort into making it as professional as possible. two, we still feel like weve just had a release and we are nowhere near the next public release, i'd say at least a year probably as releases are now far apart. we will have a proper news/forum system for members to make sure people are kept informed and warned about whats coming up as best as we can predict. finally of course, your donation was still appreciated and you still have the work we did to enjoy! so hope you do not feel too hard done by, and thanks for letting us know so we can try to avoid any misunderstandings this time around.

as for continuing.. we've been on this for 5-7 years and if we get a good response to this i see no reason why we cant continue for several more, nothing in life is certain but i'll tell you honestly that the intention is to do more good work, actually we're all fed up with working on the site and keen to get back to development!

Last edited:

ackmondual

Poobah said:
That's just what I've been wanting to see in a '64 emulator -- 7zip support. I don't see why it isn't even being considered.

I don't know about the rest of you here, but until 2 days ago, I haven't even heard of 7zip. I hear it's freeware and supposedly better than winZip (the firefox of compression tools perhaps?), but that's it. I've been using winZip for the past 7 years. No pun or whatever, it has been 7 years. I've even stuck with v8 so that I wouldn't have to register for it.

Fabricio_EX

I want to help too! I'm using Project64 since the 1.3 version and I like it very much. So you can count on me for everything.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well folks, donations are now open. and so far nobody has donated, except for someone we know. who's gonna be the first real donater? :)

http://www.pj64.net/main/donations.html

although we are still working on the site, the beta section is functional, there are builds there to download, etc ;)

edit: yay we got our first donator, ScottJC is the man, thanks Scott.
its not about the money at this point, its about keeping the project alive. been working on the site all evening again, going to bed :)

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Beta's are open for business folks so all those who flocked to this thread saying you were interested now is the time.

RottNKorpse

Viva la PJ64!
I will be donating soon...this asshole demanded a refund when I finished the work like 3 months ago and PayPal are fucking idiots and let them get away with it and also charged me a fee for doing it. So I deleted their fucking sites and took ownership of their domains...fucking assholes...Anyway when I add some more money to my paypal I will donate to PJ64.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Nice! 1.7 coming soon!! :)

{removed by smiff, no features requests in this thread sorry}

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
doh. gandalf, sorry you seem to have massively missed the point. we just *started* on the next ver. we call it 1.7 beta, because it comes after 1.6, and it's got major changes (so it's not 1.6x). this is not coming soon. no feature requests here please.

this thread is now just for discussion about the beta programme please, people who want to ask Qs about it etc.

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
only wish :p but i´m not requesting....o well forgot this

well, the point it´s that the team started the next version :)

and for the donations...i want to donate but i don´t have any credit card...or money :S