What's new

Project64’s Future (donations and v1.7 beta development)

smcd

Or maybe western union even? they have a thing sort of like paypay that goes international i believe. When i get a spare dime i'll chuck it your way ;)

Bobbi

NGEmu guy
Administrator
Sounds like a nice idea ... some things I'd consider:

- maybe tag the file upon download so leaks are easy to track
- maybe make it a monthly suscription fee like PHPNuke does (or did?)
- consider alternative payment methods (maybe a simple postal gateway - like: Enter adress, amount, get an ID, send money + ID - done)

I guess many people would be willing to donate for such a great project!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Nice to hear that there still some things going on, behind closes walls...
I will probably donate too, if I'm out of school, so that could be a great way to give you some things back for all what you did...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Bobbi said:
- maybe make it a monthly suscription fee like PHPNuke does (or did?)
Bad boy! Bad boy! Some people do not have the money for a monthly fee. That's bad! They will simply show their appreciation for people donating them a little money :) They don't need to PAY for the service. And so it shall forbee methinks :)

- consider alternative payment methods (maybe a simple postal gateway - like: Enter adress, amount, get an ID, send money + ID - done)
By post? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight... but other methods might be a good idea if they cannot use paypal.
Is there limits to some countries that cannot use paypal at all? Not even send money via credit card?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
it wouldn't be monthly, it would probably be for at least 6 months or a year, and there'd be a reasonable minimum so people can't take the piss, although what that would be isn't decided yet..

urherernow

umnnn.... ok, so how to donate? Or is this not final yet? I just went to Project64.net, clicked on the donate button, and it says no longer taking donations. I used to love playing around with pj64 and I've been busy configing a new system the past week or so (a few minutes at a time...) so when I'm done, I'll finally have the juice to enjoy it even more :p

New specs:
ASUS A8V SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon64 x2 4800+
2GB Corsair (2X1G TWINX2048-3200C2PRO
Sapphire ATI X800XL 512MB
2 74GB|WD 10,000RPM 8MB WD740GD (SATA, in a Raid 0 on the NVraid)
300GB WD caviar

And of course an Adaptoid for using the real controller

Yea... can't wait to do some testing with that!

OP
Z

zilmar

Emulator Developer
urherernow said:
umnnn.... ok, so how to donate? Or is this not final yet? I just went to Project64.net, clicked on the donate button, and it says no longer taking donations.

Nothing is done yet, still a lot of infrastructure to build before this is feasible, it is more getting how people react/think of the idea before I spend a lot of time setting up all the stuff to support this. I do not know how long it will take me to set this up, any where from a couple of weeks to a couple of months.

Zilla

夢を見られた
This sounds like a great idea, PJ64 is only missing support for around 5-10 games (as far as getting them to load etc), I'll definitely donate, though I hate using paypal.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I think it is a good idea! It worked a few years ago. However. What about the people who substatially donated in the past. I wont really beta test nowadays! But I will donate this time because of how fantastic this project was and I feel guilty about never donating!

flinto

I would personally like to donate money to PJ64, without anything in return other than the knowledge that I am helping the future of this great project.

Last edited:

dazey238

Very Good Idea

I post very very rarely but have been keeping up with the scene for the last 2-3 years and think this is a great idea. I did say when 1.6 was released that I wanted to donate, so even if it just gives me the opportunity to do that then great, as I think it's a hell of a piece of work that you guys have done here over the past few years. I'd also like to get more involved, but like you guys I have a life so I don't know how much I'd be able to commit. Anyways, totally understand what you're saying about how something like this is needed for you guys to have the motivation to carry on - look forward to seeing what you eventually come up with....

©XL-DJK

Recordings Inc.2005
Awesome!

:canadian: I would just like to say thank you to everyone that has put their heart and soul into this emu... I've been trying it out for the past month and am immensly impressed (If only someone'd work on GC:p). I don't have much knowledge in programming unless it boils down to a basic text doc (lol) but I'd LOVE to become a regular Beta tester seeing as how I have a TON of time on my hands as well as a few thousand backups..... let me know if your interested!:canadian:

ready2rumbelX

SlipknotX
I am extremely happy that the project continues. It is an amazing piece of software, that we should all be lucky having the privelage to use.

r2rX :D

Miretank

Lurking
first of all, thanks pj64 team for the attention and the amazing job you guys make with the emu :) you guys deserve all our help, even with money or other.

Now i'd like to ask you a thing... is it possible to make PJ64 compatible with others types of compressed files? You know, .rar and .7z compress much better than zip, and it would be really be helpful when you have a lot of games :)

RottNKorpse

Viva la PJ64!
I love PJ64, it plays about 98% of the games I have tried to play and hardly ever gives me any problems and when it does it is usually because I install a hack that doesnt work well in the first place. lol I would love to be a beta tester for new versions of this program and as soon as I learn this type of coding I would like to help that way. So as soon as you open the donations I can gaurantee you will get a paypal email on behalf of me.