What's new

Zelda64 Actor Viewer status thread

Cyberman

As far as I know nothing bannable was done just giving you a heads up to be careful and considerate of other people. If you had done something bannable you would be banned. Such things aren't up for discussion. Two weeks is a very short time, considering he started in December of last year. He's made excelent progress, it's not likely he suddenly stoped either. :)
Now to keep on topic:

cooliscool: Is the Vb code in the thread your last version release? I'm curious so I might even play/translate some of it to C++/OpenGL for fun. (I fear the worst that could happen is it work :D )

Cyb

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
It's actually a little old, Cyberman. It uses OpenGL, so not much translating needed there. ;) I'm about to release a new version, so I'll post links to code & binaries then.

Also, I admit it's a little messy, but it's a result of not a lot of planning. :)

Last edited:

Cyberman

Ahhh! heh. I'll wait if you think your code is way to stale. Stale bread and warm beer do not give joy in mud ville (where the mighty Casey struck out.)

Side note:
I remember that the Master Quest game was included in the Wind Waker version of LOZ. A lot of people were speculating (and trust me this was just speculation because it would have been a poor way to do things if it were true), that Nintendo had made an emulator. This is likely a false idea. It far more likely they made an ENGINE that was written for the Gamecube to run it. This is what square did for FF1, 2, 4, 5 6 and chrono trigger for the playstation. They stuffed the original FF6 ROM in the playstation game (if you didn't notice that), guess what this is the same thing as SCUMVM. It's a virtual machine to run the ROM (but it's NOT an emulator there is a difference), it's game specific. :)

In any case once you have done all this work one should be able to make a LOZ-VM. Just thought I would toss that idea out :)

Cyb

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
http://webpages.charter.net/cooliscool/UoT_0.83_Release.exe

http://webpages.charter.net/cooliscool/UoT_0.83_Source.rar

That's the latest source code and binary (you're welcome to do anything you want with the source, Cyberman). Changes are:

+ Point and click engine. Click to drag actors and vertices (magic hammer icon is the current tool mode, can lock x and y axes). Left Click + movement = X and Y axes, Right Click + Movement = Z Axis, Middle Click or Wheel click = actor's X & Y rotation. The program knows the camera position, so actor and vertex moving is completely accurate to user input. This makes the old widgets obsolete, so they're gone, but you can still use the numpad to move actors.
+ Vertices can be recolored. Simply right click the vertex you want to recolor while the current mouse tool is "Vertex Editor", and choose the new color.
+ Vertex editing is multi point, meaning it moves all duplicate vertices together, instead of individually.
+ Sidestep movement via the A and D keys (left and right respectively)
+ "Bank Mode" setting, which is almost useless for now (unless you're enabling textures), but will serve more purpose in the future.
+ On Screen Display (OSD) which keeps you current with vital information in the world.
+ Actor axis markers are colored per axis.
+ More GUI changes, think this will stay for a while.
+ Splash screen with a wonderful graphic by Hanabi.
+ Fog is now rendered, and you can change the start/end position of it.
+ Skybox flags are check boxes now, instead of raw hex.

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Hehe, guess I should show some of what can be done with the app:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Oyi72F3Qc4 - by xdaniel

(The first pic is by "Samuel" - shows vertex modification capabilties. The last 4 pics are my own, the first three showing per vertex recoloring, and the last showing the same as the first picture). Biggoron's mace! :)

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Textures are coming along well (low FPS - running in the IDE):

clipboard09za7.png

clipboard10cy4.png

clipboard08po9.png

clipboard01wq7.png

:afro:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Wow this tool is coming on fantastic cooliscool! :D

So if i read the posts right this tool allows you to : Modify text, change viewpoint, move models ?

xtra krazzy

Dolphin Developer
So if i read the posts right this tool allows you to : Modify text, change viewpoint, move models ?

And modify model vertex positions, create new maps with models which exist in other maps, add events(i.e. conversations), enemies and much more.

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Thanks guys.

Here's some more shots (changes since the last shot are mirroring/clamping of textures and correct alphas for IA/RGBA), should be ready for release soon.

Clipboard04-2.png

Clipboard03-2.png

Clipboard01-2.png

Clipboard06.png

Clipboard05-1.png

Clipboard07.png

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Wow thats looking great mate :)

Can't wait for the release :D

Thanks much! Implemented texture ambience, so right now I'm just reimplementing the vertex editor, and textures for VRML dumps.

(really, this is the last time I'm posting shots! :))

Clipboard03-3.png

Clipboard04-3.png

Clipboard05-2.png

Clipboard06-1.png

Last edited:

ector

Emulator Developer
I remember that the Master Quest game was included in the Wind Waker version of LOZ. A lot of people were speculating (and trust me this was just speculation because it would have been a poor way to do things if it were true), that Nintendo had made an emulator. This is likely a false idea. It far more likely they made an ENGINE that was written for the Gamecube to run it.

In fact, it is an emulator. You can replace the ROM with Super Mario 64, and it will run.

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
clipboard01je5.jpg

Collision type editing's in.. (yellow highlighted tris are selected collision tris, in this scene (Sacred Forest Meadow), the collision's being rendered over the graphics (glPolygonOffset)). Right clicking any of the selected collision allows you to change what the collision does in the world.. how Link reacts to it, in any way. What you can do depends on polygon direction - horizontal and slanted polygons make certain noises, are hookshotable, or are exits, which are basically level loaders, that Link walks on. Vertical triangles can be climbable, hookshotable, or crawlspaces, for example.

What that means ingame:

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
clipboard01je5.jpg

Collision type editing's in.. (yellow highlighted tris are selected collision tris, in this scene (Sacred Forest Meadow), the collision's being rendered over the graphics (glPolygonOffset)). Right clicking any of the selected collision allows you to change what the collision does in the world.. how Link reacts to it, in any way. What you can do depends on polygon direction - horizontal and slanted polygons make certain noises, are hookshotable, or are exits, which are basically level loaders, that Link walks on. Vertical triangles can be climbable, hookshotable, and crawlspaces, for example.

What that means ingame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7mNQEPcZCA
Incredible cool! You are an impressive coder! Keep it up, mate!

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Those screens are nothing short of pure awesome. Who would have thought all this would be possible from OoT!

Cooliscool really is cool - a goddess of coding (no insult intended with the goddess comment :) )