Resident iliterate
Hella.png

Normal?

Still, huge improvement, Cooliscool.

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Huge batch of nice shots for ya. Textures are coming along pretty nicely. :party:

Bridge to Hyrule Castle:

clipboard01mt9.jpg

Example of blending (light_ring.. sword spin?):

clipboard02nh9.jpg

Another blending example (twinrova effect?):

clipboard03ob1.jpg

Grass:

clipboard04ng0.jpg

An example of texture mirroring support (Milk Box):

clipboard05xu8.jpg

Ice Block:

clipboard06yp9.jpg

Door:

clipboard07wk1.jpg

Another blending example (Ending effect?):

clipboard08vr6.jpg

Yet another (Bubbles in Jabu):

clipboard09ek4.jpg

Another door:

clipboard10vk3.jpg

Flame Block:

clipboard11jg7.jpg

:flowers:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Will there be other export options for it, like 3ds max compatible formats, also will it be able to export with textures in use?

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
3DS Max can import VRML. File > Import. And yes, when texture support is included in the release, exports will include them.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
will it be possible to get a two way process working. Export to a format which goes in 3ds max, or maya, then do the same the other way round, import or replace a model from a format 3ds max or maya exports or saves in.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I am interested in trying out replacement locations, for example, here is a house, ment to be Link's house from ALttP, with some slight changes...

Last edited:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Is that a visual actor positioning tool. That will come in handy for me when trying to put doors on the houses in my Kakariko Village.

BetaZeldaman

Zelda Story Writer
When I first moved models in an area and saved the models din't change and the 2nd time I did it it corrupted my debug ROM so now my debug Rom doesn't work.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
It's amazing how with such small, low resolution textures, and blocky simple level design, Nintendo is able to make such incredible levels.

...And nice progress.

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
When I first moved models in an area and saved the models din't change and the 2nd time I did it it corrupted my debug ROM so now my debug Rom doesn't work.

Did you get the first or second release featuring actor hacking? The first had some issues - so get the second.

Repost from ZSO -

Release 4 - "ZAVAP" Enhanced

+ Fixed ROM saving presets not working at all, and added more. Keep in mind that while this program works with Majora's Mask, these presets are only for a big endian Ocarina of Time Debug ROM.
+ Actor variable, numbers, and groups, when saved, are now represented without having to reload the map.
+ Fixed an issue where the currently selected actor's number, variable, and group were saved to every actor in the room's (big oops!).
+ ZAV will only ask to select an object set if the room has more than one.
+ Actor dialog box is less confusing; group modification is more seperated, limited digits in textboxes to 4, and other cleanups.
+ Now dynamically uses JSA's actor database file to identify actors, which can be added to as users wish, and ZAV will recognize the new data (which is good, because it's largely incomplete.. lots of ?s). When editing, be sure to keep the format of the other actors in mind (xxxx yyyy zzzzzzzzz) with x being the number, y being the group, and z being the actor's description. You can open the file for modification from the actor dialog box by going to file > edit db.
+ Pressing the M key on the main window toggles what the mouse moves, the selected actor or the whole map.
+ Uses substantially less RAM, and the running loop should use less CPU. This wasn't much of an issue in the first place, but improvements are always nice.

Download Binary

Download Source Code

clipboard01cc3.jpg

Last edited:

BetaZeldaman

Zelda Story Writer
Whatever the problem was, it works now on the new one(I used the second one. It may have been I saved models from one Debug ROM to a different one.)

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Is there anyway to get it to show the actual object apart from just a cube, like click a checkbox or press a key to view them, just so you know you have the orientation of the object right!