What's new

UltraHLE 2064 plugins problems reports

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
I know that this is only on relation to plug-ins on UltraHLE but please bear with me.

My configuration in PJ64 is as follows:
Graphics: Uhle gfx plugin
Sound: Uhle audio plugin
Input: N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.82a plugin

**NOTE**
The only difference is in the configuration of both the Graphics plugin (Opengl or Direct X) and the RSP plugin (CPU core style --> Recompiler or Interpreter).
**END OF NOTE**

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found a few interesting things that happen when trying to run several different games in PJ64.

I) Ultrahle GFX plugin
1. OpenGl Version
A- ALT + Tab doesn't work (known issue).
A1- Run in full screen causes blank screen with sound (Ctrl + T, then the option tab).
A2- Doesn’t go into full screen (At least pressing F12 would exit emulation and I couldn’t tell
A3- Untested
B- Same as below except I don’t see the small purple rectangle.
C- Same as below seems to be a sprite issue
2. Direct X 7 Version
A- ALT + Tab doesn't work (known issue).
A1- Run in full screen might or might not work (Ctrl + T, then the option tab).
A2- Always starts in full screen.
A3- F12 causes it to get out of full screen but it ends emulation and always causes the mouse cursor on the PJ64 window to disappear (I suggest to change this to ALT + Tab).
B- Higher end games (Conkers BFD, Donkey Kong 64, etc) show no graphics (only a small purple rectangle at the top of the screen) when the RSP plugin option is set to Recompiler and when set to Interpreter causes an error.
C- I have noticed on 1080 snowboarding that the n64 logo and the 1080 logo also is squashed horizontally.

II) Ultrahle Sound plugin
1. Configuration in PJ64
A- Deselect in the option to send audio list to audio plugin in the RSP configuration options.
B- Works fine, as far as I can tell.

III) Examples
1. Example for I, 2, B ---> Error box: “have not implemented RSP MF CP0 reg SP DRAM DMA address (1)” (Example from Conkers BFD).

I hope someone will find this useful. I did this pretty quick so it may have a few errors.

(!) (!) Great job Uhle 2064 team! (!) (!)

Side note: You need a logo for Uhle 2064 like Apollo's --> :apollo: .

verta

I think theres a memleak in the opengl plugin, on my voodoo 5. After I load a second game, the emu gets really lagged, takes forever just to move around in it.

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
I have noticed a few quite strange things lately on Ultrahle 2064.

Plugins: Jabo's 1.5 video plugin, the internal Ultrahle audio plugin, and the latest verson of N-Rage's input plugin.

I for one have noticed on Jabo's plugin that for some games you have to change the size of the window. This is true at least for most of the games.

One I have found out, you don't have to do that. However there is another problem. It's on Diddy Kong Racing V1.1 EUR. It looks quite funny if you ask me. I have tried configuring the video plugin differently but everything I have tried failed.

On a side note I wonder if you could do this for other games... It would really freak out my brothers. :)

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
People please bear in mind that this is a 1st release, and things don't work as we would like all the times, I can think of a lot bigger companies with a lot more resources who have buggier software...

Microsoft... :rolleyes:

kloud84

voodoo strange problem!

Hi to everybody! i have a strange problem with ultrahle 2064 (and i had the same problem too with ultrahle 1!). To use my VOODOO1 card i have to use a glide wrapper (mglide 1246) to configure the 3dfx card, otherwise ultrahle won't work! i use the renderning engine "glide plugin" in "ultra hle gfx plugin" because i have only an ATI rage Pro card and it doesn't work very well...( i can play quite well the game, but i can't read any text that appears on the screen!). I've tryed "jabo's plugins", but "ultra hle gfx plugin" is very better! Actually I waited for ultrahle 2064 to use my 3dfx with zelda majora's mask!! Thanks to anyone who can help me to use my voodoo1 without a glide wrapper (it's very strange,isn't it?) or to make my ATI work properly!
Matteo

PS: sorry for my use of english, but i'm italian!!

Lifeline

i've got the same problem with my vodoo banshee. the glide
plugin that comes with uhle 2064 doesn't work well. :cry:
actually the original uhle works alot better on my banshee. (!)

but you can try using dave's glide64 plugin. works like a charm
for me. :D

anyway, to play mom you'll have to wait for 2064's next release.
because of that missing sram implementation.

hope i could help you.

lifeline

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Re: voodoo strange problem!

kloud84 said:
Hi to everybody! i have a strange problem with ultrahle 2064 (and i had the same problem too with ultrahle 1!). To use my VOODOO1 card i have to use a glide wrapper (mglide 1246) to configure the 3dfx card, otherwise ultrahle won't work! i use the renderning engine "glide plugin" in "ultra hle gfx plugin" because i have only an ATI rage Pro card and it doesn't work very well...( i can play quite well the game, but i can't read any text that appears on the screen!). I've tryed "jabo's plugins", but "ultra hle gfx plugin" is very better! Actually I waited for ultrahle 2064 to use my 3dfx with zelda majora's mask!! Thanks to anyone who can help me to use my voodoo1 without a glide wrapper (it's very strange,isn't it?) or to make my ATI work properly!
Matteo

PS: sorry for my use of english, but i'm italian!!

Make sure you have installed correctly a voodoo driver and remove the glide2x.dll file from ultrahle folder.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
mightyrocket said:
This is the most buggy emulator I've ever seen. Please Dominator, add the support for glide-wrappers again (not with glide64, because it's too slow), like SupraHLE!

Why don't u select glide mode in uhle video plugin ? It should be exactly the same as in the original uhle (maybe you'll have to remove glide2x.dll from uhle folder depending on your video card coz i don't know which version of this file has been put with the release, i have to ask uhle team)

Lifeline

by the way...
if i don't delete the glide2x.dll in 2064's directory i'm unable
to use my voodoo banshee. if i do delete i got lots of glitches.
does anyone have a clue? (is this glide2x a new one only
working on voodoo3+ or is it actually a wrapper like evoodoo?)

lifeline

Lifeline

oh shit... this is nearly realtime posting... :saint:

it would be nice if someone could enlighten us about
the glide2x.dll in 2064's root dir.

i got another question. why the heck do i get glitches with
2064's glide plugin and don't get any with oldschool uhle.
this is NO joke! (i know they say it's identical)

lifeline

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
glitches are another thing, did u have reported it in this thread (i've just come back and i didn't have time to check yet). We have improved the uhle plugin, fixed some bugs in it added ucodes and speeded it up a bit... But there can still be a few problems

StonedConker

I saw in previous posts ppl having the same problem as me but din't take a well-defined answer.I speak about the xengine plugins.In D3D when i start the game i get an error message evoodoo cannot set display mode...then the emu crash.In opengl everything goes well except i cannot go to fullscreen,if i try everything messup with the rendering.In opengl also you must restart the emu if you use the plugin.It's oneuse only!.My gfx card is a GF4MX440.

....check nooneLivesForever with the open gl plugin and you'll see that the gun gfx appears correctly,something that no other plugin manage to fix.Great<_<

Zephon

Key To The Universe
About the uHLE Glide plugin, it's working fine for me (I have a Voodoo2). I deleted the glide2x.dll file from the UltraHLE folder. The only problem is that when I press ESC to stop a game, the GUI doesn't appear. The game image freezes, and the emulation actually stops just like it should be, but the game screen is still there. Then I press Alt+F4 to close the emulator and the screen goes back to normal.

Btw, using the uHLE Glide plugin in Zelda MoM, in the cutscenes there should be some black strips on the top and the bottom, but these black strips are pink. This also happens in the beggining, when the Nintendo64 logo shows up. THe background is all pink. This does not happen with Glide64.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I've got the info, the glide2x.dll file is for voodoo2 cards, if u have another card, or think you have a better one for ur os/video card, please remove the one that is included with uhle2064.

kloud84

I've forgotten to say what's my problem with the ORIGINAL voodoo1 drivers: if i use them with ultrahle (1 or 2064), during the game (it may be the introduction or during the game) i can only see the BMPs that are in the background (for example, in Super mario 64, i can only see the picture of the sky!) and no 3d image appears...in other words,i CAN'T see all the 3d objects that usually moves during the game (is their name "Sprites"??). So I have to use a glide wrapper to configure my 3dfx card,and after making a glide2x.dll with the wrapper,telling him to use the voodoo card, i put the new glide2x.dll file into my ultraHLE directory and i can play games...

Lifeline

the problem i do have is texture alignment. the 3d-geo seems
to be ok. wireframe looks pretty perfect. :D

for example nearly all text boxes in both zeldas do show
alignment problems. the text itself, too. many walls....

in mario 64 mario's face texture is "shifted"... the sky is wrong
aligned. texts, too. and what looks pretty funny are the trees.
the wireframe looks cool but the textures are wrong centered.
(looks like some crazy cut-off) :)

i don't remember other things. but for me the problem with
xengine's glide is wrong alignment. the dimensions of the
applied textures seem to be right. but many of the textures
are wrong centered.

and i also have that strange pink border color. seems to be
some kind of color key!?

forgive me but i didn't try out xengine's directx and ogl. ogl and
directx is a royal pain with a banshee. :saint:

regards, lifeline

bomb

Using a Duron 800Mhz and a Geforce 2MX in WindowsXP, I can't run UltraHLE 2064 in fullscreen when using the ogl plugin. With the D3D plugin, it's the opposite - I can't run it in windowed mode. (Hitting F12 does nothing in both cases).
Another problem I have with the D3D plugin is that if I stop the emulation (using the esc key), the emulator crashes if I start the emulation again (using the F5 key).

Cheers and thanks for a good emulator.

ComixManiac

I'm using a Pentium 3 733 with Geforce2MX 400 in Windows XP. I've tested the plugins only with Zelda:Ocarina of Time so far.

Using xengine-direct3d the graphics are a little worse compared to the opengl version. The internal sound with xengine-direct3d has less chops than jabo's Direct3D7 1.4 plugin but is choppier than the xengine-opengl version! Plus the xengine-direct3d plugin runs only in full screen while the opengl only in window mode.
I'm getting the best results in graphics with Jabo's plugin. Only problem is the sound, hope that it will be fixed in next versions:)

OP
D

Dominator

Note :

Even tho' we do not reply to all your messages, we currently read them all and really appreciate your reports.

We take good care of these helpful informations.

Thanks for your support.

Cissou

quiting glide xengine

When I use the Glide Xengine plugin, i can't quit the game, i need to kill the emu. And every time i quit the emu normally it crash on quitting.