What's new

Restructure the Dolphin Section

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
The Dolphin stickys are a complete mess.
Since Dolphin is open Source, we really need a better structure and we should minimize the stickys at the top!
"nJoy v0.3: Multi-controller support. " - it's really great, that Falcon was finally be able to update his nifty plugin, but does it really needs its own sticky?
"Dolphin (SVN) Shots" - needs moderation and more additional information (like SVN version, settings, rig infos posted)
"Dolphin Latest. Error Fixes and Req Hard Ware And Drivers. " - needs a update and a rewrite, possible a merge with "Rules Of Forum + FAQ - Read This Before Posting!" , possible we should create a help file aswell.
"Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread" - should be second sticky
"ANNOUNCE: Dolphin Now Open Source" - should be on top, with some download sources for SVN builds, like Falcon4evers and NYLEVEIA fileservers
"GameCube Roms PROVIDER " - nearly the same as "To Naruto and co. fanboys " and "How to get your GCM/isos and status updates! "so they should be merged
"Shader Probs with Dolphin FINAL 1.03 Beta FIX! " - totally outdated, should be removed
"Rules Of Forum + FAQ - Read This Before Posting! " - see above.
What do you thnk about it? This is the official board of Dolphin and ...emu has a lot more activity atm, so we need to get it rolling here again!

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
"nJoy v0.3: Multi-controller support. " I believe belongs in the plugins forum, however maybe Dolphin needs its own plugins section.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
regular users wouldn't know to look for it in the Plugins forum. They'll just head over to the Dolphin forum first and foremost. Just keep the plugin thread in the Dolphin forum to avoid stupid questions

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

regular users wouldn't know to look for it in the Plugins forum. They'll just head over to the Dolphin forum first and foremost. Just keep the plugin thread in the Dolphin forum to avoid stupid questions
But why we need a sticky topic about a plugin that's now part of Dolphins source? It can be discussed in a normal topic, too.
And if you compile it youself or download a compiled package, then NJoy will be included.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
But why we need a sticky topic about a plugin that's now part of Dolphins source? It can be discussed in a normal topic, too.
And if you compile it youself or download a compiled package, then NJoy will be included.
If it's now part of the source, no we don't need a sticky anymore. I was under the impression that it wasn't part of the source yet.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Maybe once developers start creating other plugins for Dolphin and its related plugin standard (if they do), a plugin section of the Dolphin forum. The majority of the current plugin section is regarding N64-plugin related topics anyway, and I think it would be good to seperate such different topics. Just my two cents on the issue, don't go planning the forum based on my suggestions.

zaba_3

I remember there used to be compatibily (spelling?) topic also,and i think it would be useful so people could do reports about how games work and then someone could update it so you could easily see that how some games work or what error message they give and so on

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

I would really like to hear a mod, but ET is nearly dead, not even the mods seem to care... what a shame! :(

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
The Dolphin stickys are a complete mess.
Since Dolphin is open Source, we really need a better structure and we should minimize the stickys at the top!

"nJoy v0.3: Multi-controller support. " - it's really great, that Falcon was finally be able to update his nifty plugin, but does it really needs its own sticky?

Its easier for me to track reports if they are posted in a seperate topic, so yes I made this topic on purpose. Other topics tend to be poluted with "why isnt game X working", "dolphin doesnt works" or other slowtalk non-emulator related stuff.

"Dolphin (SVN) Shots" - needs moderation and more additional information (like SVN version, settings, rig infos posted)

I agree, /me stares at Knuckles :icecream:

"Dolphin Latest. Error Fixes and Req Hard Ware And Drivers. " - needs a update and a rewrite, possible a merge with "Rules Of Forum + FAQ - Read This Before Posting!" , possible we should create a help file aswell.

I dont know who made the first topic sticky but it looks like a mess to me, so anyone want to make a good start post? which can be merged with the rules of forum + faq?

"Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread" - should be second sticky

Already is, no changes.

"ANNOUNCE: Dolphin Now Open Source" - should be on top, with some download sources for SVN builds, like Falcon4evers and NYLEVEIA fileservers

Might be removed, since we posted that on the official site anyway. Download locations of the SVN can be in the rules OR first post of the SVN discussion topic.

"GameCube Roms PROVIDER " - nearly the same as "To Naruto and co. fanboys " and "How to get your GCM/isos and status updates! "so they should be merged

That was just a trick to lure more people to read the FAQ and rules, perhaps we should remove them. And make people read the FAQ/rules before they can enter this section (just like we did on ngemu forums for pcsx2).

"Shader Probs with Dolphin FINAL 1.03 Beta FIX! " - totally outdated, should be removed

Agreed

"Rules Of Forum + FAQ - Read This Before Posting! " - see above.
What do you thnk about it? This is the official board of Dolphin and ...emu has a lot more activity atm, so we need to get it rolling here again!

My reply see above.

urls (so i can find the topics back)

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I think it would be a good idea to make people read the rules before entering...Here´s another thought, just an idea. Some sort of Captcha or something, similar to when you register at some forums, only that you are asked vital questions that can only be found by reading the rules. Just a thought, but that would be too much work..