What's new

Dolphin Latest. Error Fixes and Req Hard Ware And Drivers.

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Orig Posted At Ngemu.

Hardware Req

Video Card: ATi Radeon 9200/Nvidia Geforce 6200 128-256MB With Shadders 2.0
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or ADM Athlon 64X 2.0ghz Processors.
Ram 756MB-8GB DDr2 Ram.
Hard Drive: 10GB space for games and emu.
Systems: Windows Xp/Vista 32Bit Or 64Bit

Thats about the req you need if im wrong just say so.

Most people wanna know why am i getting errors well most people need more info on what u need to play the emu.

Heres a list of errors.

Couldent Load Dx9 Plugin
DSP Crashes Emu or Dosent work
Pud Plugin 64Bit System

Also People are asking how to config Dual core ect i will explain that to.

Ok Heres Fixes.

1.0 Couldent Load Dx9 Plugin

1.1 Fix: Need d3dx9_35.dll or DirectX 9.0c Latest.

Here Download.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...008_redist.exe

For Vista Dx10 Not Req But Best To Download And Install It.

Genuine Windows Validation Req

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

2.0 DSP Crashes Emu or Dosent work

2.1 Fix: Needs to be null dsp the LLE for some reason wont work.

3.0 HLEBios/Dynarec/DualCore/Throttle

3.1 Open Dolphin.ini In Emu Folder.

Change Thease To.

HLEBios = True
UseDynarec = True
UseDualCore = True
Throttle = True

4.0 Pad Plugin Error

For some reason 64bit systems the pud plugin isent working if a 32bit system user is getting this then it most likely a emu problem other then that best option use the old plugin that came with the beta.

4.1 Fix: Need Dx9 9.0c June 2008 mabey since the plugin uses Dx settings and configs. So download the latest Dx9 Link in this post a little back up.

Thats pritty much it also post what other erros you have. And Screenshots to if you can.

Sticky This if u want to so people can post there stuff here.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Please, create better sentences in a more mature English (replace wanna etc.), fix the typos (Prossesor=Processor) remove the colors (they stress my eyes) and restructure it, like

1. Hardware
1.1 What are the minimal hardware requirements to run Dolphin?
1.2 ...
2. Errors
2.1 ...
3. Features
X. Source

Question: 1.1 What are the minimal hardware requirements to run Dolphin?
Answer: ...

I could create a litte help/chm file for dolphin, too.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
No, it's still pretty unreadable to me. I had to read a few things twice before I could understand them.

Also, my Radeon 9200SE does NOT support shader 2.0 so I can't play. Period. Gotta get that upgrade.

EDIT: I'll try the latest version package of DX9.0c. My hopes aren't high though. By the way, the link in the post is broken.

Last edited:

p_025

Nope. It gives me the "Failed to load video plugin Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll" error, even with the June 2008 redistribution of DX9. And when I try to use the OpenGL plugin, the thing seems to load up but then crashes with the generic Windows error.

Must be something in the new version. I had that video card a while back and was able to use the last old 32-bit release with that card without pixel shader 2.0.

X-Fi6

Could you use this for your Dolphin errors sticky?

Originally posted at NGemu.

Minimum Requirements:
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon x700/Nvidia Geforce 6200 128MB With Shaders 2.0
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 2.0ghz Processors.
RAM: 756MB of DDR-SDRAM
Hard Drive: 20mb for emulator, 1.5gb per game.
Systems: Windows XP or Windows Vista

Recommended Requirements:
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon x1800/Nvidia Geforce 8600 256mb with Shaders 2.0
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad or AMD Athlon/Phenom, 2.2ghz
RAM: 1gb of DDR2-SDRAM
Hard Drive: 20mb for emulator, 1.5gb per game.
Systems: Windows XP x64 or Windows Vista x64

Common Errors:
Couldn't load Dx9 plugin.
DSP crashes emulator or fails to load.
Pad Plugin Error

Fixes:

1: Couldn't Load Dx9 Plugin

Fix: Need d3dx9_35.dll or DirectX 9.0c Latest.
(Genuine Windows Validation required)
Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

For Vista Dx10, it's not required, but it's still best to download and install it.

2. DSP crashes emulator or fails to load.
Fix: You must use DSP null or DSP LLE. The reason is because the team has not yet managed to build a properly working DSP HLE yet.

3. Pad Plugin Error
For some reason, on some 64-bit systems, the pad plugin isn't working.

Fix: You need Dx9 9.0c June 2008 maybe since the plugin uses DirectX settings and configs. So download the latest Dx9 Link in this post a little back up. If this doesn't fix your problem, please post exactly what your error says so we can help implement a fix.

Using HLEBios/Dynarec/DualCore/Throttle
The team hasn't placed the options into the GUI of Dolphin for HLEBios, Dynarec, Dual-Core, or Throttle yet. You will need to edit Dolphin's ini file to turn these on (Throttle is already turned on by default, though).

So open Dolphin.ini in the emulator's main folder, and set these:

HLEBios = True
UseDynarec = True
UseDualCore = True
Throttle = True

Thats pretty much it. Also post what other errors you have so we can add more to the list, WITH SCREENSHOTS.

We won't be answering questions about how to build from the Dolphin SVN.

synch

X-fi6: Most of your minimum requirements are wrong. Keep in mind, that it works on Pentium4 and/or geforce 5 series. Also, your recommended requirements talk about Quad core, which isn't useful at all, as Dolphin uses only 2 cores (and don't start arguing about OS usage, because the thread used for graphics emulation sure can loose a 5-10% of CPU speed without noticeable output).

Last edited:

MasterPhW

X-fi6: Most of your minimum requirements are wrong. Keep in mind, that it works on Pentium4 and/or geforce 5 series. Also, your recommended requirements talk about Quad core, which isn't useful at all, as Dolphin uses only 2 cores (and don't start arguing about OS usage, because the thread used for graphics emulation sure can loose a 5-10% of CPU speed without noticeable output).
IMHO it's always totally BS to tell about minimum gfx card or processor.
Only stuff, that should be mentioned in such a FAQ should be the needed commands a CPU needs to run an emu (like PCSX2 with its SSE2, SSSE3 and SSE4 plugins), the minimum pixel shaders for the gfx card etc.
But I still prefer X-fi6's style of writing and structure... ^^
Is it just me, or are both of the posted links to Microsoft's DirectX 9.0c broken?
Yub, same here.
It's this link for me.

X-Fi6

No for recommended I simply state you COULD use a quad-core processor. I never said Dolphin actually makes use of all four cores.

KillaChaos

dolphinpaduk8.png

Dolphin x64

MS Win Vista Ultimate x64

Reinstalled Dx9, changenumplayers still appeared twice.

UPDATE : Downloaded SVN build, works now.

Last edited:

p_025

The most recent SVN version (R49) fixed my issues with the DX9 plugin. I was amazed at how much faster this thing is. Fantastic work!

Nintendo Maniac

I double-click DolphinWx.exe and get this:

Dolphinwontboot.png

(the dark color scheme is what I use at night - it's much easier on the eyes!)

PC specs are in my profile if you need them.
(note, I'm just trying to RUN the emulator application; I realize my PC won't emulate at an acceptable frame-rate)

Last edited:

MasterPhW

You CPU doesn't seem to have SSE2 and afaik (i don't know exactly hadn't time to test it. but had some views into the source.) you need it to run Dolphin.