What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Hi dave2001..

Hi.. I posted at your emuxhaven board about your glide64 pluggin not working with my winxp and voodoo 5.. Well.. AFter reinstalling winxp and installing the latest underground voodoo drivers, it works now.. And it works great and beautifully for the games it's compatible with.. Great work dave!! Here is a recent shot I made..

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
Ha, figures, after I fix that, practically every other texrect works incorrectly
Hey well it looks cool ;)
I always like to see if my 'features' in my programs follow a pattern myself. Perhaps you need to have a version of your plugin that spews debug information out about the data and texture information (IE what data is it processing and what it thinks it should be doing with it.) Might be helpful (might not) but at least if the problem happens on a consistant basis you can more easily identify the offending bit of code.

I always use this
<module>, line #, <Informative message>
"gpu.c", "1001", "LOAD TEX 32b X124 x Y178"
gpu.c, ...
etc. it's boring to read however if you put it in comma delimited format it's also great for processing it with EXCEL and finding repetitive errors with some VB code etc. makes life easier when you are trying to find a bug that's repetitive:)

Stephen

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

In #Gfx 1.3.h there are some macros that you can decomment to get debugging information like that (not EXACTLY like that, but you can see every RDP instruction executed).

I have a graphical debugger (if the correct .3df files are present) that allows me to click on triangles and see info about them, and to click on textures in the cache and get info about them too. When I click a triangle that's not working, it gives me a #, and I log a single frame to file. Then I search for that # in the file, and see what it's trying to do. (btw, I think the debugger might be released within the next 2 versions, I just need to find out how to implement a binary file as a resource and get it to WORK) I will probably not put an option in for logging, as it would add a large amount of if statements to my code. It's much easier to just have a macro that is either defined or blank.

Hey well it looks cool
I always like to see if my 'features' in my programs follow a pattern myself. Perhaps you need to have a version of your plugin that spews debug information out about the data and texture information (IE what data is it processing and what it thinks it should be doing with it.) Might be helpful (might not) but at least if the problem happens on a consistant basis you can more easily identify the offending bit of code.

I always use this
<module>, line #, <Informative message>
"gpu.c", "1001", "LOAD TEX 32b X124 x Y178"
gpu.c, ...
etc. it's boring to read however if you put it in comma delimited format it's also great for processing it with EXCEL and finding repetitive errors with some VB code etc. makes life easier when you are trying to find a bug that's repetitive

Stephen

Reznor007

gokuss4 said:
here is the problem with the sky dave...

Actually I think that's right. The N64 had to have a limit on the sky somewhere, and a skybox like that is the most probably answer.

crhylove

Banned
/me doesn't even see the crease.

so i bet your right reznor... and besides who would see that kind of detail on a crappy TV? nobody, that's who.

:devil:

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
In #Gfx 1.3.h there are some macros that you can decomment to get debugging information like that (not EXACTLY like that, but you can see every RDP instruction executed).

I have a graphical debugger (if the correct .3df files are present) that allows me to click on triangles and see info about them, and to click on textures in the cache and get info about them too. When I click a triangle that's not working, it gives me a #, and I log a single frame to file. Then I search for that # in the file, and see what it's trying to do. (btw, I think the debugger might be released within the next 2 versions, I just need to find out how to implement a binary file as a resource and get it to WORK) I will probably not put an option in for logging, as it would add a large amount of if statements to my code. It's much easier to just have a macro that is either defined or blank.

Nifty
The graphic util definately would be helpful.
I also can see where looking at the raw data won't elicite much in terms of errors if you are passing the right information and not processing it correctly (grin).

Hmmm Binary file as a resource? You mean as a windows Resource in VC++?

Cyb

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
A few things...

Here, I converted Ogy's compat list to HTML, and sorted by playability rating, as some people requested.

I would like to say THANK YOU, DAVE. Finally, I can run an N64 emu other than Ultra/SupraHLE and Corn. And PJ64 is even faster than SupraHLE 1.1.2! But I was wondering, do you have any plans on making Glide64 work with 1964? I haven't been able to do it.

One more thing, my video card is a Diamond Monster Fusion Z100, (Voodoo Banshee-based). I haven't seen anybody else mention this card, and I was wondering, would you like another beta tester? :D The only problem is, I only have 13 ROMs...

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Oh, I almost forgot, I'll do an HTML version sorted alphabetically by game name if anybody wants it.

And I think that Glide64 should get its own forum. One thread just doesn't cut it...

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

It does have it's own forum at emuxhaven, but that's for questions about it, this is for development.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Oh, finally, the homepage is back. It was down earlier and I couldn't check. I found this thread by following the link from NGEmu.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I also see

What I need help with at the moment:

Compatibility with other emulators, such as 1964

I guess that answers my question... man, I definately have to study this stuff. Where can I get some good N64 emulation docs?

Hmm... maybe I should edit instead of making lots of posts... anyway, you should pack the plugin with UPX. Glide64.dll 0.04 zipped up to 49KB.

Last edited:

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
i already did an html ver. the names are alphabetical but i use a different color for each status, so i'll get the good of both worlds. it has much more new features, but i'm saving it to be released for v0.05

BTW:
i once saw an html page that had a table on it, and when you clicked on the titles it was arranged by that title alphabetically. i tried to leech the code but then saw it was a hyperlink and a new page to each title... now, can this be done in one html doc? possibly other format?

and Edge.. here ya go

Status
Not open for further replies.