What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Ogy said:
i already did an html ver. the names are alphabetical but i use a different color for each status, so i'll get the good of both worlds. it has much more new features, but i'm saving it to be released for v0.05

BTW:
i once saw an html page that had a table on it, and when you clicked on the titles it was arranged by that title alphabetically. i tried to leech the code but then saw it was a hyperlink and a new page to each title... now, can this be done in one html doc? possibly other format?

and Edge.. here ya go

Oh, well. :p Mine is here now.

What I'm working on right now is a program that will take a list with entries of the type

title=Mario Kart 64
uCode=1 (or maybe later it could be the actual uCode name)
Playability=5
Comments=Minor Graphical Problems

and turn it into an HTML table. Basically, a CGI script. I'll include options for sorting the list as its processed, and formatting it based on Playability level. I think it will save you a good amount of time. :) You'll have to tell me all the fields you are including, so I can add them and appropriate sorting/formatting routines.

I'm also gonna try my hand at editing the RDB file, to make an internal compatibility list. But I'll finish my little converter first.

Oh, and here's Glide64 0.04 packed with UPX. Compare file sizes:

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Say, nobody answered my question:

One more thing, my video card is a Diamond Monster Fusion Z100, (Voodoo Banshee-based). I haven't seen anybody else mention this card, (and the docs don't mention plain Banshee) and I was wondering, would you like another beta tester? The only problem is, I only have 13 ROMs:

Asteroids Hyper 64 (U) [!]
Earthworm Jim 3D (E) [!]
GoldenEye 007 (U) [o1]
Harvest Moon 64 (U) [!]
Legend of Zelda 2, The - Majora's Mask (E) (M4) [!]
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!]
LEGO Racers (U) [!]
Mortal Kombat 4 (U) [!]
Quest 64 (U) [!]
Star Fox 64 (U) [f1]
Super Mario 64 (U) [!]
Virtual Chess 64 (U) [o1]
Wave Race 64 (U) (V1.1) [!]

And a copy of Mario Kart that GoodN64 doesn't recognise (but PJ64 w/ Smiff's test RDB does.)

It'd be nice to at least get a no.

Last edited:
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Say, nobody answered my question

Ok, but the beta period hasn't really started yet, I'm not quite done with 0.05 (should I make it more like 0.1? I'm going to have way too many version numbers left over if 1.0 is meant as totally complete :)) Ogy has asked me if I would have a testing period so that I could include the current compatibility list with the plugin. Anyway, it's only going to be available to people working with me, so don't ask if you can be a beta tester; it should work the same on all voodoo cards (voodoo cards have a combine system that makes every combine compatible with every card). I'm sorry, voodoo1 users, I don't think I'm going to manually implement mirroring though. :(

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Dave2001 said:

(voodoo cards have a combine system that makes every combine compatible with every card).

Hmm... I never knew that. Neat.

And if runs either Zelda or Super Smash Brothers with mostly complete gfx, I'd say to make it 0.1. :D

crhylove

Banned
technically...

...if it plays any games at all it should be .1... but i mean, who really cares? :D

i'd say just keep going how u r going 2 avoid confusion.

here we come .05! can't wait for .011!! oh wait....

/me can't wait for a version that plays in 1964, even if it still has the same compat....

and then i can't wait for SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE to do deliver 4 player dr. mario on the pc, via n64 emulation. none of the gfx plugins currently in existense will do that. i mean, it's dr. mario, how hard can it be? i bet getting that working would fix alot of strange errors in other games like gauntlet legends. the 3d emulation is pretty good with jabo, and others, but 2d games like that and pokemon puzzle league aren't really there yet. do u think that might help other games reach playability, or am i delusional?

/me cries.

:devil:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Re: technically...

crhylove said:
...if it plays any games at all it should be .1... but i mean, who really cares? :D

i'd say just keep going how u r going 2 avoid confusion.

here we come .05! can't wait for .011!! oh wait....

/me can't wait for a version that plays in 1964, even if it still has the same compat....

and then i can't wait for SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE to do deliver 4 player dr. mario on the pc, via n64 emulation. none of the gfx plugins currently in existense will do that. i mean, it's dr. mario, how hard can it be? i bet getting that working would fix alot of strange errors in other games like gauntlet legends. the 3d emulation is pretty good with jabo, and others, but 2d games like that and pokemon puzzle league aren't really there yet. do u think that might help other games reach playability, or am i delusional?

/me cries.

:stupid:

me me me me me me me me me . is that the only thing you can say? Why don't you just wait untill dave comes with a new version. He shoulden't rush the project.

crhylove

Banned
man...

i didn't mean to come off that way.

/me is an irc/chat thing meaning "user action". in case that's where my tone started sucking for you.

i'm just fascinated by emulation as a whole, and particularly in what emulation i get to see first hand, which dave's plugin is a part of.

i don't actually like to play games so much as i rarely have time.

but i do like to see how things progress, and especially how we can keep excellent games playable in a future that will probably not contain many n64 consoles that get used often.

i think that n64 emu is going to be like the current snes/nes emu situation:

a great way for younger people to see some of the games that i dug back when i was a brat.

but for me and others of course, all of these consoles/games will be emulated on computer for our grandchildren, and that is what's really exciting, not having to say, "back in my day, blah blah blah", just, "hey, press start, sonnie."

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:

Ok, but the beta period hasn't really started yet, I'm not quite done with 0.05 (should I make it more like 0.1? I'm going to have way too many version numbers left over if 1.0 is meant as totally complete :)) Ogy has asked me if I would have a testing period so that I could include the current compatibility list with the plugin. Anyway, it's only going to be available to people working with me, so don't ask if you can be a beta tester; it should work the same on all voodoo cards (voodoo cards have a combine system that makes every combine compatible with every card). I'm sorry, voodoo1 users, I don't think I'm going to manually implement mirroring though. :(

Hmmm what I use is pretty simple

Major revision.Minor revision.sub revision.build.

It's always good to know what build you are on I always say ;)

Cyb

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

how do you guys count builds? every time you build the program? or every time it's released?

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

I'm going to go CRAZY if nobody helps me with my problem!!! Look very closely at link, notice anything? He is TRANSLUCENT!!! I've had this problem of getting wrong alpha values ever since mario kart, and I don't know what it could be!!! I think it has something to do with the blender bits of rendermode, but I don't know.

(Zelda's clothes give me T0 as alpha, which is not opaque)

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Here's another example, the player texture wants to use texture alpha, which isn't totally 1.

Also, practically everything in Quest64 has this problem too.

(btw, it worked in previous versions only because of a hack)

LoneRaven

Glide64 Website Guy
Here is my understanding:

Build --> The number of times the program (dll) has been compiled. In the case of project 64, they were up somewhere around build 412 when they quit programming.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
So that's why the chars in Quest were translucent... Now that is freakin' weird. Man, I SO wish I new enough math to get into 3D gfx programming. But first-year algebra just doesn't cut it. :p

Well, I wish you luck.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
LoneRaven said:
Here is my understanding:

Build --> The number of times the program (dll) has been compiled. In the case of project 64, they were up somewhere around build 412 when they quit programming.

lol no neither Zil or Jabo upped the build # with each compile, i often got dozens and dozens of updates for each "build". If they had done that it would be well into the thousands or tens of thousands and a pain in the arse to remember to change and to have to reconfigure every one! (remember registry keys).

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
I'm going to go CRAZY if nobody helps me with my problem!!! Look very closely at link, notice anything? He is TRANSLUCENT!!! I've had this problem of getting wrong alpha values ever since mario kart, and I don't know what it could be!!! I think it has something to do with the blender bits of rendermode, but I don't know.

(Zelda's clothes give me T0 as alpha, which is not opaque)

They might have set them to not be opaque purposefully, are the alpha values linear on the N64 texturing? Might be helpful to see what all the alpha values mean to the N64. Is it possible that you are dealing with an undocumented 'feature' of the N64? :)

As for the crazy part, well join the crowd, I think at least 85% of the people here are insane to one degree or another, it makes us more interesting I hear ;)

Cyb

Slougi

Cyberman said:
As for the crazy part, well join the crowd, I think at least 85% of the people here are insane to one degree or another, it makes us more interesting I hear ;)

Hehe, so true :)

Status
Not open for further replies.