What's new

Lle Gfx

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
KyJelly said:
is there anything new for hle or is lle all that is currently being worked on?
if there is new hle stuff do you mind saying what that is?

my biggest complaint is with perfecr dark and the spy cam.
in a coop game the spycam works jsut fine but in single player it does not. i don't understand how this can be.

it all lle:bouncy: :bouncy:
the cam spy on perfect dark any works with ati gfx card not on board gfx

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

KyJelly said:
umm well, i am useing a ati vcard.

It works, but seems to be finnicky dependent upon drivers you are using.

Worked with my 8500 card, then didn't when I changed drivers, works again now :D

flowrent

My question is :
Is there going to be a 64 bit version of pj64 ?
Does it help .considering n64 has a 64 bit cpu ?

gandalf

Member ready to help
i don´t think 64-bit computing will make the things a lot faster, because, x86 cpu´s have much more power than r-4300 core (n64 core)

93mhz@64-bit vs 2ghz@32-bit :p

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
We are talking about two entirely different architectures here. On the one hand your x86 CPU and the r4300i on the other. Because those two are totally incompatible, you need to emulate. Period.

From my rough understanding x64 might at least bring some improvement in processing the 64Bit instructions used in the native N64 code, because you can now move one 64Bit block in one cycle instead of two cycles. Therefore, at least the interpreter should profit from that, because in ideal circumstances, it should work twice as fast. Of course you will never have ideal circumstances. You should also keep in mind that those cool 64Bit processors are no "real" 64Bit CPUs which makes the speed gains even smaller.

Correct me, if I'm wrong.

axcc123 said:
it all lle
bouncy.gif
bouncy.gif

the cam spy on perfect dark any works with ati gfx card not on board gfx

Well, this proves it once again: On-board gfx is teh sux!

Last edited:

flowrent

What do you mean "those cool 64Bit processors are no "real" 64Bit CPUs "?
Which are those that are not really 64 bit?

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Well, they are basically 32bit CPUs with an extended instruction set in 64Bit. Similar to the MMX or SSE stuff. Intel don't even count their CPUs as 64Bit CPUs calling the extension EM64T (extended Memory 64-Bit Technology) to be used in systems with huge amounts of RAM to be adressed.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Athlons 64 are 64-bits CPU´s and can run 32-bit aplications just fine (also 64-bit, and REAL 64-bit aplications runs great)

wIntel only "copied" the AMD64 instructions (reverse engineering) and putted "EM64T" name

KyJelly

Trotterwatch said:
It works, but seems to be finnicky dependent upon drivers you are using.

Worked with my 8500 card, then didn't when I changed drivers, works again now :D

i understand finnicky but come on! it makes no sence that it works in coop mode but not single player mode. maybe there is a setting i'm missing? i believe i'm using all the default plug-ins. does the 1.7 beta work? i have a 9800 xt and have tried many many drivers. i guess i'll keep trying..........

dolqube

Winphin Developer
Im creating a new way of emulating pad input for a gc emulator it might come in handy for emulators like this.

it increased speed by about 10-15% depending on the game.

when a program is doing pad checks it stores it in the memory.
i remove a pad checks and any time a key is pressed i just put it straight into the memory address.

the advantage is that there is no cpu power by pad emulation when no buttons are pressed. (only when they are)

hle comes in handy when removing these checks.

ill post some code here soon to demonstrate what i mean exactly.

O and by the way i am also doing LL GFX emulation to. (why is it not called HLE GFX)

Getting some good results with super mario sunshine.
Thanks nintendo for MARIOEU.map :evil:
(its on the disk of the game , use a gcmtool to extract it, then open it with wordpad)

DONT EVEN THINK OF ASKING ME FOR IT :angry:
I HATE PIRACY

Last edited by a moderator:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Athlons 64 are 64-bits CPU´s and can run 32-bit aplications just fine (also 64-bit, and REAL 64-bit aplications runs great)

wIntel only "copied" the AMD64 instructions (reverse engineering) and putted "EM64T" name

Heh, wrong. Intel has used EMT64 for years in server CPUs that run with over 4GB of RAM.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
But Intel also tried to reverse engineer the Athlon64 to know how they worked. I think? I believe there was news about that, no?

gandalf

Member ready to help
yes, they reverse engineered the athlon64

intel used 64-bits for the "itanic" xD line, but it´s not x86

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Perhaps so (and I'm aware the Itanic isn't x86), but you said that they reverse engineered the A64 and labeled it "EM64T," which wasn't true. ;)

Hi!!!

I am new to all this gfx stuff about some games, although i am aware that some games like Drak Rift cannot run on emulators like Project 64, due to 'gfx errors' or the like.

I would like to know (as I am a big fan of Dark Rift and own the cart) where I can download a PROPERLY wroking Dark Rfit rom, that allows reasonable gameplay without errors. If this is not possible, could someone suggest an alternative, e.g. different emulator???

Kind regards

Baaz

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The graphics errors aren't the ROM's fault, but the graphics plugin's fault. Switch to another graphics plugin, or perhaps even to another emulator.