What's new

DOA2 is perfect,good works!

Psykosys

Pimp said:
yeah DOALE framerate sux, its impossible to enjoy it at 16 fps.

pitty :term:
For me, the frame rate is good with my card, but the game speed is still very slow (despite being smooth). The Capcom hack doesn't speed it up.

WESTBLADE

Why was Akito20 banned? He helped us a lot with running DOA2...? :blink:

For me it works fine, however the framerate really sucks (from 20 to 60 fps) and i don't think it's because of my comp:
AthlonXP 2500+
512MB DDRAM
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR

Funny thing is that when i play it in 640x480 or 1280x1024, the framerate is still same... :huh:

But according to post above the framerate is bad for everyone, so hopefully in later releases it will be running great (you guys did on Chankast wonderful job! I almost got heart-attack when i saw non-hoax Dreamcast emulator :party: )

forest_law_p

yup, same here too when i finally knew that there already exists a non EKAF-DC emulator. :)

i got this game running, but i got tired of using the dreampass AIPOTU boot-cd so i used fast-boot. and got the game going. so guys, i now have 2 questions.i'm kinda new to this chanka so please help me out.
1. what's the difference between the DOA2 LE and the other DOA2?
2. i've downloaded the save games of DOA2.VMI and DOA2JPA.VMI in gamefaqs.com, when i import it on vmsbrowser this error occurs - Can't open file c:\chankast\doa2.vms. VMI files require a .VMI/.VMS file pair.
when i import DOA2.DCI and DOA2JPA.DCI this error occurs - There aren't enough free blocks for this file

bouncerboy15

forest_law_p said:
yup, same here too when i finally knew that there already exists a non EKAF-DC emulator. :)

i got this game running, but i got tired of using the dreampass AIPOTU boot-cd so i used fast-boot. and got the game going. so guys, i now have 2 questions.i'm kinda new to this chanka so please help me out.
1. what's the difference between the DOA2 LE and the other DOA2?
2. i've downloaded the save games of DOA2.VMI and DOA2JPA.VMI in gamefaqs.com, when i import it on vmsbrowser this error occurs - Can't open file c:\chankast\doa2.vms. VMI files require a .VMI/.VMS file pair.
when i import DOA2.DCI and DOA2JPA.DCI this error occurs - There aren't enough free blocks for this file
1. The DoA 2 LE has extras not seen in DoA 2. (Extra stages, costumes, etc)
2. Don't know about this.

airwolf

Help!

Exoskeletor, what do I do if my file names are 'DOA2LE_ECH.mdf' and 'DOA2LE_ECH.mds' respectively? The 'mdf' file is 734,670 KB and the 'mds' is 2KB. I tried your Exoboot V1.30 prog but it did not create an image. I have used your prog with success before with 'Virtual On', but that file was a .cdi format. I have tried mounting this image with Daemon 3.29, but all I get is the black screen also. Also tried Alcohol, but only Daemon sees the image. The file name says that it is self bootable, but it don't. What do I do...anyone? Thanks.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
this is strange, i downloaded fast boot, copied all the data from the cd to the data folder, added the ip.bin and 1st_read.bin into the foler, then i used b2bgame.bat, mounted the image and i keep getting an io control error, wots hapened?

EDIT: never mind ive got it to work now, but what do i burn the image with so it will be able to run on chankast?

Last edited:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
DarthDazDC said:
anyone? i really want to get this burned to cd, so it wont be on my hard drive all the time
.cdi are discjuggler file format, but if you have mounted the cd image with a virtual drive you just have to make a cd copy (with virtual drive as source) with nero or another one...