What's new

DOA2 is perfect,good works!

Klesk24

Yeah, I get that too... I thought I might have made a bad re-pack of the cdi image witgh the fastboot trick, but it looks like an emulator based problem....

on another note, anyone notice disappearing pupils in eyeball textures?

Domina

I have add the new files to the iso burn it with alcohol make a new image with clonecd and mout it with alcohol, now i can but the game but it run in the half of the normal speed.

My system is:
2400XP
Geforce 3
Windows XP ;-)

is this to slow?

-Shadow-

Banned
DOA 2 ends up in a black screen for me , i got a self-bootable image , and i've already tried NTSC , but it didn't work anyways...

ssj2joe

mr_ding, I i don't have the "b2b_game" file that you include in the process of getting doa2le to work. (I also couldn't make the "1st_read.bin" file and had to download it.) Could you give me a link to this selfboot making file package?

Assimilatr87

I did the process in which I binhacked the IP.bin & IP_READ.bin and then made an image with the new files. I then loaded the image in DAEMON Tools 3.29, but when I start Chankast, the game just keeps going back to the BIOS. Is my image not self-bootable? If it isn't then what steps do I need to take in order to get the game working?

Dreamlover

OOOOO, I CRY !!! It doesen´t work ! I do, what you say. I copyed the hole image in the DATA-folder. Than i downlaoded your data and than Ii start "BINHACK.EXE" Than i whrite "IP.BIN" -> Enter, "1ST_READ.BIN" -> Enter, "0,0" -> Enter. (withoit the "" *g) Than the window was closeing and i copyed the both data into the "DATA-folder"
At last I started "b2b_game.bat" and waited. After the image (image.cdi) was created i loaeded it with Daemon Tools 2.9. I opened Chanka and loaded the image. After the Dreamcastlogo it changes into the select menü, where I can choose "game, "vm", "music" and "data". The game don´t wants to start. I´m very frustrrated. Hope you can help me -> PLEASE

P.S. The Dreamcastlogo was showing direct and NOTnormaly (with the point and the sound)

Last edited:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Dreamlover said:
i whrite "IP.BIN" -> Enter, "1ST_READ.BIN" -> Enter, "0,0" -> Enter.

it's "1st_Read.bin", "Ip.bin" and "0,0"... in this order...

Last edited:

Dreamlover

IT WORKS !!!
I use an other installation of chanka and now it works. i think i have crashed my normal chanka installation, because other games, they work bevore, didn´t run suddently. Very big thanks to all they helped, that this very gread game is running now.
Little funy Problemlem: The game speed is not realtime, more slowmotion, but with this the kick look verry great and detailed.

MindMasher

I think this fixes intro problems:

Download: http://gba.ouroad.org/misc_download/1087097712_FastBoot.rar

Unzip this to any directory.
The binhack exe will be in that dir, and the DATA directory reffered to along the way as well.

Here's the steps:

1) Copy original .cdi contents (NOTE: contents) into DATA directory.

2) Find ip.bin, 1st_read.bin somewhere and run binhack on them.
To run binhack, double click binhack.exe, and then input

IP.BIN
1ST_READ.BIN

3) Copy ip.bin, 1st_read.bin to DATA directory.

4) Run b2b_game.bat

5) Use Daemon Tools 3.29 (NOTE: 3.29, not 3.46 or else it won't work) to emulate image.cdi

6) Enjoy the game....

See original thread (I used this to make sf3:3s/mvsc2 etc workable):
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21191&page=3&pp=15

Shen

It doesn't work for me. I'm doing everything like you said before but I have a problem with the binhack: I write ip.bin->1st_read.bin->0,0 or 1st_read.bin->ip.bin->0,0 and nothing happens (the program disapears with no confirmation). Anyway i copyed the files into DATA folder and run b2b_game.bat It makes image.cdi but when I mount it on virtual drive (daemon tools 3.29) the name of cd is different than oryginal (link and oryginaly it is DOA2LE_ECH). Next i run chankast and when I click on run game the program disapears (nothing happens) and I can't do anything about it (chang NTSC or something) it allways crashes.

Please help me and tell me exactly how to do it becose I must play this game. Please!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Shen said:
It doesn't work for me. I'm doing everything like you said before but I have a problem with the binhack: I write ip.bin->1st_read.bin->0,0 or 1st_read.bin->ip.bin->0,0 and nothing happens (the program disapears with no confirmation). Anyway i copyed the files into DATA folder and run b2b_game.bat It makes image.cdi but when I mount it on virtual drive (daemon tools 3.29) the name of cd is different than oryginal (link and oryginaly it is DOA2LE_ECH). Next i run chankast and when I click on run game the program disapears (nothing happens) and I can't do anything about it (chang NTSC or something) it allways crashes.

Please help me and tell me exactly how to do it becose I must play this game. Please!
Use the Exoboot thing, it's great and it will let you make all the things for you!

Shen

I used it and it still makes a image that when mounted doesn't look like oryginal. And when I use Chankast the same thing happens. What do I do? My Chankast ver is good becose I can play Soul Calibour but I want DOA2. Plaese help me somehow.

PS
When I use Exoboot what do I have to copy to Data folder? I am copying everything from the CD (oryginal cdi) remove 1st_read.bin and adding new one (less size). Do I have to add ip.bin?

[Edit]
I did it! Yeah! I don't know how but I did it. I used Exoboot and it worked. Thanks guys this game is great but it works very slow :(

Last edited:

Alopexau

Ok, thanks a bunch Akito20.. everything works great!

Something that's bugging me a little is when i archived it, the compressed file (rar) is now 60+Mb smaller than my original (DOA2LE_ECH) anyone have a clue why the drastic size dif? apart from the 1st_read.bin filesize change, the images seem the same...

Call me paranoid, but I just wanna be sure it's safe to delete the original.

Thanks

Last edited: