What's new

Chanka Compatability List

CrazyYatta

Think this may be all for me, for now at least

Going through another stack. Heres what i siphoned out (Most are obscure :alien2: , silly :bouncy: japanese games, but, someones gotta post em :term: )

Quick Notes:
Rippin' Riders (U) is the same game as Snow Surfers (E)
Remove Sega Sports: NBA 2k2 from "only tested in .1" cuz its in the non-playable for .2a already

.1 -> .2a
South Park Chef's Love Shack freezes at SEGA screen
Spirit of Speed 1937 freezes at SEGA screen
Super Speed Racing freezes at SEGA screen
Who wants to be a millionaire? NTSC setting. Freezes at SEGA screen for me.

New Games:
4 Wheel Thunder (U) doesn't work. Black screen.

Dragonriders: Chronicles of Pern Works perfect. A little slow at times

F1 World Grand Prix 1 wont get past SEGA screen.

Guruguru Onsen 2 (J) works. Only thing is it has some major memory card issues. Since i cant read japanese, i dont know what the menus are saying. All i know is, i cant get into the game after making a save. It just takes me back to the main menu and then i cant even move up and down the list. So, im not sure what the problem is with that.

Morita no Saikyou Reversi (J) freezes at SEGA screen

Panzer Front (J) doesnt work. Doesnt load maps/levels.

Planet Ring (E) Works fine, but it was a netplay only game, so yup. Thats about all there is of that for now.

Sakura Momoko Gekijou: Kojikoji (J) Works fine. Playable. Although, i belive that picture of the Mic with a cross through it means theirs a mic feature that you won't be able to use. I wonder if they plan on making a mic input. Huh.

Super Boom Tread Troopers doesn't work. I remember this game being on one of the DC Mag Samplers. I guess someone ripped it and put it on its own disc.

Virtua Striker 2 Ver. 2000.1 (J) I read on GameFAQs that this is actually just Virtua Striker 2. The japanese just have the Ver.2000.1 thing on there. So, same problem as the VS2 (U). The whistle blows on throughout the game. Should just tack a (J) next to VS2 thats already up there.

PS: Sorry about all the screens :blush:

rcgamer

the old guy
ok. here are some shots i havent seen yet. record of lodoss war. for anyone who crashes after the boot screen, you might have the same file as me , to fix it find the 1ST_READ.BIN and another file named 1NOSDC.BIN and rename them to the other ones name (1ST_READ>BIN to 1NOSDC.bin and vice versa) also make sure that IP.BIN has 1ST_READ.BIN as the 1st read file. now do your selfboot method and voila it works.
didnt get to far in the game so i will have to test it more later.

sorry to post so many but i was kind of excited when i got it working.

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
:: rcgamer ::

Record of Lodoss War...

Wow I remembering really HANGING for that game. I loved the 2 DVD anime epic! The game on the other hand made less sense in english than it did in Japanese and I can't read Kanji, Hirogana, Katakana nor Romanji! I can speak Yakuza tho...

*ahem*

"Nandeynen!"

(translation : literally means "What's up with you?" but it basically means BUGGER OFF! but its meant to be said in a threatening almost spitting tone - much like most Yakuza :p)

:: CrazyYatta ::

Please post some decent (*wink*) shots of the Love Hina series and prove me right.....There must be at least one Bukakke game for DC!

Cheers,

Mezkal

CrazyYatta

Haha. What're you talking about mezkal? Bukakke game for DC huh, don't know anything about that (But it'd sure be one hell of a sight). There's that Dangerous toys "Game". But I'm lost with the Love Hina crap, it's all bells and whistles here.

RyuKakashi

I'd also like to add (at least in my expieriences)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2: Minor Texture Glitch in Verses mode during Character Select. 2P character preview is ALWAYS cable (for me)
Chuchu Rocket: Sound is only distorted noises...nothing like the real thing but i'm gonna try the one in the puzzle pack soon hopefully that fixes it
Ikaruga: Somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd chapter the blocks that shoot bullets are invisible till AFTER they hit.

rcgamer

the old guy
didnt see this in the compatibility list. Rainbow Cotton (japanese). use z-write and alpha test z-write. looks and sounds pretty good.

chocobos69

Chankast0.1 : Toy Commander: audio cd menu (thx AKS)

Chankast0.2a : Toy Commander : black screen after Sega loading (the fps counter is still active) without Capcom Hack Mode

Chankast0.2a : Toy Commander : strange error message (the fps counter is still active) with Capcom Hack Mode :(

tygra

Street Fighter 3 - double Impact

using Utopia 1.2 to load the Street fighter 3: double impact without Capcom Hack checked (if checked it goes to the bios mode).
it doesn't pass the Capcom intro.

tygra

naa, that won't work, it goes to the bios mode automaticly after it reaches a point after the logo if capcom hack has been selected.
without capcom hack selected it just 'hangs'

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
- Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (the first one) looks almost perfect in 0.25 but it still has no sound in-game (only videos have sound).

drgary

Virtua Tennis 2 (NOT the echelon rip): Controls now work perfectly !!! (v .25 Alpha)

Virtua Tennis 2 AKA Sega sports tennis 2002 (Echelon rip): Still crashes when echelon screen is skipped (v .25 Alpha)

Last edited:

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
Yeah I have a few echelon images cause I don't have the tools the dump my own games.

it's weird that some of the echelon one's work and others don't. Also there is a way to get rid of them but it's a bit hard to work out what to do with the hex editers.

oh Sonic runs almost full speed for me too :)