What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Worms Armageddon (U) almost perfect, except for the worms always facing to the left even when you turn them around.

Trotterwatch

ScottJC said:
Worms Armageddon (U) almost perfect, except for the worms always facing to the left even when you turn them around.

Hmmm, I was pretty certain this one had been fixed (it definately was at one point). I'll test then edit this post.

Edit// Found the build where this bug regressed, and I'll let Jabo know about it.

Last edited:

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Great surprise,
I have been away for a while , Glad I didn't miss this new version.This is going to be fun. I'll try PJ64 1.6 out this weekend. Thanks

Edit: My first test tell me , the video plugin is crashing on my ME OS I tried everything and no go on that one , I tried on my XP Pro and every thing is working fine. The colors seem a lot better and crisp. Speed seems a little better in testing. On XP it's working fine and I only just started testing. Thanks again to the Project 64 team. :)

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
new Wetrix settings, on the default settings this game runs far far too fast, right click wetrix - > edit game settings, change CF from 1 to 3 and the game should be running at a speed more correct.

ftheabyss26

does any of these games are playable under pj 1.6 now ? vigilante 8,( tryed that game a long time ago, it was slow as hell with all emus), ready to rumble round 2 ( without crashing ) and also, is there a way to see whats in the bubbles in WWF no mercy? ive heard u can see the text in bubbles with jabo latest plugin but i have tryed all of the options and none of them seems to work, i know u guys should think, why dont he try all of theses games himself, well im on dialup and i dont want to waste 3 hours downloading a game to see that its not working!
thanks.

oh and im under windows 98, intel p3 and my graf card is a a 3d prophet 4000xt pci ( Kyro chipset )

Last edited:

Pantuflo

Sorry, I am a "geforce4mx" user and I would like to know if Spider-man runs correctly for you, "high-end" :p users with jabo's d3d8.
I can see the web (i can't with other plugins), but spidey has a "strange brightness", like "toni hawk", i think.
Thank you!

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
ScottJC said:
new Wetrix settings, on the default settings this game runs far far too fast, right click wetrix - > edit game settings, change CF from 1 to 3 and the game should be running at a speed more correct.

ahh hero, i thought it seemed a bit stupidly fast

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
CBFD & ITF2000 Problem.

Conker's Bad Bur Day: When you're trying to play a 4-player game, the screens 2 and 4 are spinning around the player.
International Track'n Field 2000: The Intro Scene is very slow and the play screen is only a quarter of its real size.
See images:

Last edited:

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
A little problem i noticed with pj64 1.6 is that when you're emulating a game, and you click a menu, the FPS drops down alot and the whole emulator becomes laggy.

Another little thing, with Jabo's 1.6, can it be possible for the low-res FB updates to be brought back? This would improve pokemon snap when viewing pictures as you would still get a rough idea of what the pictures are.

Once again, great job Project 64 Team!

(P.S. sorry if this has been asked/discussed before in this thread, but i didn't have time to read it all)

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
What parts are not emulated?

Just check the intro when you begin a game and you'll see a lot of missing gfx. Glide64 is the only one that have correct gfx with this game.

except for some TV effects (the glitchs in the menu or the TV during the intro(not a framebuffer effect, more something like a texture problem(?)) that no plugins emulate at all

ChiZeL

Wow~Jamming!

Thanks Thanks REALLY ,, and funny,, april fools suppise thing~~keke PJ64 the one now rulz ~~ hehe :party: plz come to the thread called

" :happy: Thank you Project64!! (1 more round?) " and give more thanks to the project 64 team ~ oh except the happy face is the green happy face icon .. lol~

Last edited:

KyJelly

i can't get any text to appear in perfect dark, like after the chick gets done typeing on the computer at the very beggining. i've tried al sorts of options. help would be appreciated. ty

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Glover - Use Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2, if you use Jabo's Direct3D 1.6 it will crash at the end of the very first level.

RadeonUser

Nick_kidid0 said:
A little problem i noticed with pj64 1.6 is that when you're emulating a game, and you click a menu, the FPS drops down alot and the whole emulator becomes laggy.

Another little thing, with Jabo's 1.6, can it be possible for the low-res FB updates to be brought back? This would improve pokemon snap when viewing pictures as you would still get a rough idea of what the pictures are.

Once again, great job Project 64 Team!

(P.S. sorry if this has been asked/discussed before in this thread, but i didn't have time to read it all)

This has something to do with how the menus are drawn... I dont know the specifics behind it but I do know disabling shadows under menus greatly helps.

1) Start 2) Run
3) Type: %windir%\System32\CONTROL.EXE Sysdm.cpl, System,3
4) Ensure you are on the Advanced tab and click on the first Settings (the one under Performance)
5) Tick custom and untick Show shadows under menus
6) Tick Ok twice and that should be it

Framebuffer stuff is now either done in software or high resolution only. If there are any problems bring them up to us and they *may* get fixed eventually.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I have a problem with the framebugger radeonuser, pokemon snap's framebuffer effects will not work at all for me, if i turn it on it makes absolutely no difference to the game, same with Mario Kart, Trotter suggested it might be a bug with the 5.3 ATI drivers (latest). I am yet to try an older driver but it probably is the case.