What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

kiczek

7z Support ADD IT !!!

ktnx :p

also how would i Associate files with ProjectN64 to open by double clicking ?

everytime i try it i get failed to open file...

Last edited:

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
Fog effect (How can I disable it!)

Is there some way to disable fog effect ( :yucky: )?
It would be a good idea if in the next plugin version, the users will set or quit the fog effect using a checkbox.

Poobah

kiczek said:
7z Support ADD IT !!!

ktnx :p

also how would i Associate files with ProjectN64 to open by double clicking ?

everytime i try it i get failed to open file...

7-zip support would be awesome...

loopsider

CF2 said:
Look more closely. 1.6 uses the newer Direct3D8 api instead of Direct3D6 (used by 1.5.2).

ok, but the new 1.5.2 was bundled with the new release.
I was merely wondering why they 1.6 has different settings than 1.5.2 (did jabo scratch the 1.5 code and redid it to form the new 1.6?)

The past 28 pages make no mentioned of whether they are testing 1.6 or 1.5.2 Of course, I will reread the topic to make sure I didnt miss anything.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
loopsider said:
ok, but the new 1.5.2 was bundled with the new release.
I was merely wondering why they 1.6 has different settings than 1.5.2 (did jabo scratch the 1.5 code and redid it to form the new 1.6?)

The past 28 pages make no mentioned of whether they are testing 1.6 or 1.5.2 Of course, I will reread the topic to make sure I didnt miss anything.

If you went into the Docs Folder and opened the Whatsnew.txt (i know this is ungeard of :p ) but lets say if you did. You would see the infomation there.

Direct3D6

- Pilotwings no longer crashes
- Fixed drivers that have incorrect depth buffer caps

Direct3D8
- Added new plugin

Thats why d3d6 1.5.2 is there and of course for users to fall back on if there's something d3d8 does not support but d3d6 1.5.2 does.

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
IDEAS for Upgrade the PJ64 Video Plugin!

Ideas for enhance the Video Plugin:
Make a Disable Fog Checkbox. It's really nice to see N64 games without that fog, because you can see more details and cleanest.
Experimental Idea:
Do something to make the "Popup Effect"(in all N64 games) dissapears or make it more distant (something like Popup Effect Configuration tool)?
In some games like Turok 1 or Cruis'n (USA, World, Exotica) you can see the Popup Effect very close from where you are. In other games, like SF Rush 2049 there isn't more Popup, because you can configure the Visibility to 100% (Popup effect dissapears!).
It could be a very useful tool, because you can see more things and details (poligons) from distant distances.
Imagine you playing Cruis'n USA without that Popup Effect (you could see the finish line from the start line!) or making the Popup effect more distant. Or seeing the King Bob-omb (from SMB64) in the top of the mountain from where Mario begins.
Thanks to plugins like this you can reach incredible resolutions and the systems are more stables.

Last edited:

seam

when i play kirby it seems to be like.. kind of jerky. i have a 2ghz and a 5600, so i dont think its speed. and its not vsync problems. can someone else test this out?

Toninho_sv

N64emulation enthusiast
Long time reader, not big "poster"
Well, if i could resume this release in a word, it would be "AWESOME"!
Never expected a new release of PJ64... and now... wow!
Well, just to mention...
TOP GEAR RALLY - Now have sound, using ZILMAR audio plugin... the sound is a bit messed up, but it's surely better than nothing!
World driver championship - now booting (Rice 6.0.0) But... shows the start screen and then FPS goes crazy... (like 20k or something) :party: (My favorite n64 game... but, i have it on the console, so, not big deal wait to someday play it at high res, etc.)
By the way, congrats to the whole PJ64 team for this great release!
Oh, yeah, and surely... THANK YOU for made the best and most stable n64 emulator ever!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Woah!! Turok 2 map works... I don't remember that before... :p

(Press the L button during the game to get the map)

I'm giving pj64 the "treatment", just like I did to 1964 0.9.9 when I beta tested it, hehe. (I was Sayargh).

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
wichoxp said:
Ideas for enhance the Video Plugin:I guess the fog in the games was invented by some crazy guy who need to hide glitches or bugs in the deepest fog or trying to hide weird poligons by the low-rez (320x240).
But now, thanks to plugins like this you can reach incredible resolutions and the systems are more stables.
Right... and WHY would you think that? You can't see everywhere, and games use it like the computer games, not to hide things... well mostly... but for EFFECTS. By disabling it you're pretty much dissing the way the developers wanted it. On the real console, you can't disable fog... so, why SHOULD you disable fog? If the developers wanted you to disable fog, don't you think they'd add an option or something for it?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I agree, plus the video plugin only generates the 3d based on what the game code tells it to, the "popup" effect you described Wichoxp cannot simply be "removed"... it exists because the game hasn't told the video to build landscape for instance.

I see no need to get rid of Fog if that is how it should be.

Lets get back on topic, no more suggesting of useless video features please.

Here is some south park rally settings I want you to try, for Jabo's Direct3D8.

set the emulated width to 320x240 and then force alpha blending on, it seems to look better than it does out of the box. Only bug I could see left was the little image of the track in the bottom right corner... all the racers icons have massive squares on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tooty

I have played 007-world is not enough on the new pj64 with all default settings for a while, the graphics as well as textures are all good so far, however, I've noticed that the light of any bulbs of this game looks like a shinning box, may be the light effect shall be much smoother in the real system, and the sun in satge 8 is totally blanks(as shown in the pics,I think it should be of the same apparence of the sun in zelda games, and other games I played do not have this problem), besides this problem, the game works greatly after turning off the speech in the game option.

and I have nearly completed the tarzan(if I could have more free time :p ), this game runs almost perfect on my system, though the background texture may be dragged in some levels with fast movement.

my specs(signature)

ggab

Emutalk Member
well, i just wanna know a bit more about:
Banjo Tooie:
Issues (core) : R4300i_unhandled_opcode

Does that mean it has Random crashes??

Because it is a known issue between Banjo Tooie and Glide64. It seems to be the only plugin who has Random crashes (for example, after 10~15 mins, in the demo mode it hangs...)

Trotterwatch said:
Quote:
RDB error displays banjo tooie as unplayable/opcode/R3400i error.

This was put in near the last minute when a tester (AFAIK) reported that they had left the demo running on loop for quite some time, came back and found that single error. May have been he was tweaking, he was running the last official build or some other wierd error - for safety reasonings it was considered better to leave it in. If you don't have the issue - you can edit the note out yourself :)
ups, i didn't read page 28 :term: Trotterwatch gives us a nice reply :canadian:
i guess, he tested it with Jabo 1.6. isn't it?

So, maybe (just maybe) is not a plugin bug only......
PS: But the glide's random crashes happens with 1964 and Nemu too (i need to check it in a depeer way...)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Banjo-Tooie runs perfectly on 1964 0.8.5 if nothing else, with Jabo's plugin. I haven't tested 1.6 with Banjo-tooie yet.

And now for your enjoyment... Ridge Racer 64! Bloody Beautiful game... Works perfectly with audio sync off.

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
woohoo tetrisphere 2 players works!
i remember it had an issue with only half of each players screen showing, now its all there yay, top stuff

CF2

Pretends to make sense
I played Banjo-Tooie for a couple hours on 1.6. I haven't gotten a single crash.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just experienced what i'd call a crash in Banjo Tooie, early on in the game too... Jiggywiggy says "You'll have to get past my doorman first" then the game locks up a few seconds later.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
i tried world is not enough, and it stays on a black screen as soon as i start it, with the fps changin.
400!:D

Emu_Lover

Wow. This new version of Project 64 is amazing. I haven't had a single problem with any of the games I have and they look better than ever. Thanks Project 64 team. ;)