What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

Propa McGanda

I'm too groovy to Post
Other Guy said:
The plugin jabo 1.6 requires too much of the pc with Ogre Battle 64
[4/4/2005 6:50:34 PM] SetViewport (scissor) failed 8876086C (25,100,750,400)
Ogre Battle works best with Glide 64, from my experience. :alien2:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Astounding work! Thanks to Jabo, Zilmar, Gent and everybody! Thi was totally unexpected for me...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yes you can see enemies through Duke Nukem's walls... but thats a video plugin issue, try messing around with other plugins and see if you find one more suited to the game... If you can't... play Donkey Kong 64! :p

Here is an issue I remember, Donald Duck Goin' Quackers as soon as you talk to someone you end up standing there forever. In the past changing to CF2 got rid of this but it was already set at CF2:p - this requires more messin me thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cönker1

dazey238 said:
Yes you do Conker. Yes you do. :)
No, No I don't. Stop copying my damn work, only fools do that.

One quick thing, when that copy to frameboard RDRAM or whatever is enabled (without AA) the framerate is cut in half, why is this? Without it I can't see the video screen in Mario Kart 64, the Wario level.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
because its copying the framebuffer to rdram... which is VERY slow, the wario map video screen uses the framebuffer.

loopsider

Great to hear PJ is in progress!!:pj64: Playable donkey kong 54 is a great addition to emulation.
What is are the differences between Jabo's 1.6 and 1.5.2 (the last pj64 had 1.5.1, correct?), besides the GUI.

RDB error:Displays banjo tooie as unplayable/opcode/R3400i error.

For some reason, when I start emulation, my mouse gets centered in the center of the Project 64 window, and it will not move until I stop emulation. Going fullscreen and going back does not solve it, and thus I cannot edit any of the ROM settings. Does anybody else get this problem.

Great to see Perfect Dark's lens effect working at full speed.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
What is the differences? read pages 1 through 28, I aint repeating.

If the mouse is getting "stuck" then the input plugin you use is using the mouse.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
loopsider said:
What is are the differences between Jabo's 1.6 and 1.5.2 (the last pj64 had 1.5.1, correct?), besides the GUI.
Look more closely. 1.6 uses the newer Direct3D8 api instead of Direct3D6 (used by 1.5.2).

M

MegaManXGC

This is dinfinitely one of Project64's best release's yet. After 2years I really gave up hope and thought that Project64 was discontinued. After I saw the emulation news on zophars site that Project64 has been updated to 1.6 I thought it was an unofficial release by Clements (no offense Clements) but after reading further, what I saw shocked me....It was indeed an official release by the Project64 team.

I downloaded it and I had a really good time testing out games for the new version.

Hydro Thunder (one of my favorite games) FINALLY has working sound and it's actually playable (atleast on my system).

Pilot Wings64 does not crash and is very playable.

Starfox64's intermission screens did not lag as much as before and the sound did not get messed up like it did in 1.5 (atleast with me it did) with some levels.

007 The world is not enough, james bond didn't get his arms cut evertime you went forward. This was a similar problem that happened in Starwars Episode 1 podracer that existed in 1.5 but got fixed in 1.6.

1.6 does such a greatd job on DonkeyKong64 that I started to actually play the game! And Conkers Bad Fur Day looks even more beautiful then ever with the shadowing and everything.

Overall, It's a great release and I give my upmost props to Zilmar, Jabo, Smiff and Gent and everyone else that made the 1.6 release and the overall N64 Emulater possible.

Keep on going you guys, this is such a sweet emulater, I would hate to see it discontinued like I thought it had 6months ago. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that all of us support the PJ64 team in everyway.

Thanks again for this great release and let's hope they'll be many more to come. GOOD LUCK.

Last edited:

pounch

madh83 said:
Hey pounch, have you tried 47.19 for geforce4mx? It seems to have gotten rid of all the graphical glitches for me under jabo's direct3d8. Not sure how it compares to 53.03 though

I have only tested the official nvidia driver release :p .
In this page is referred all unofficial drivers :D. http://laptopvideo2go.com/index.htm
I test the 47.19 as soon as possible. Thanks for this info.

OLD VIDEO CARD = OLD DRIVER.
Many forceware I buggy or have lot of glitchs with old card or mx and go card.
The best way to correct glitch is not to wait new developper release, but is to test old driver.

A bon entendeur salut ;) .

Trotterwatch

RDB error displays banjo tooie as unplayable/opcode/R3400i error.

This was put in near the last minute when a tester (AFAIK) reported that they had left the demo running on loop for quite some time, came back and found that single error. May have been he was tweaking, he was running the last official build or some other wierd error - for safety reasonings it was considered better to leave it in. If you don't have the issue - you can edit the note out yourself :)

Donald Duck Goin' Quackers as soon as you talk to someone you end up standing there forever. In the past changing to CF2 got rid of this but it was already set at CF2 - this requires more messin me thinks.

I'll check this out too, thanks for the headsup.

pounch

flickering with jabo's video plugin 1.6 and 1964.

When I use jabo's video plugin in pj64 ( write partialy by jabo :D ) all work fine. But when I use the same plugin with 1964 the screen flickers always :(. I have test all memory buffer option ( system memory, double buffer (VSYNC), triple buffer (VSYNC) ).
It would be possible that the display list in 1964 say "clear the screen" at a different moment by report pj64 or it's an optimization in pj64 for jabo's video plugin ???

PS: impressing 2D lighting in paper mario, a really good work. cheer ( BRAVO dans la langue de moliere :p )

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heres a nice setup for Dr Mario 64... put force alpha blending on when playing the game and it reduces the horrible pink outline on mario. Dunno if it affects anything, didn't seem that way.

Story mode however.. has a totally screwed background.

I have found a solution for the problem I was experiencing with Donald Duck Goin' Quackers (U), set the CF to 3 and now you can talk to the first duck without it looping the animations forever.

it shouldn't break anything but it might.

Also, at the start of the game it appears to be "stalled" just press start a few times and/or turn speed limit off.

Sorry for triple post but I like to keep these things seperate :p

Aerogauge!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

juef

I must say I'm impressed with this release! It runs really well, compatibility is better than what I could ever wish for and I have yet to encounter a bug. I love it :D

Thank you very much to everyone who worked on the project. It is really appreciated :)

TheImpaler

Hmm, I've got this with default settings for Biohazard 2, just wondering if its the same for resident evil 2, I know they are the same game but different regions, but just something I'd like to be sure of :)

attachment.php