What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

seam

seam said:
unfortunately i found a pretty bad bug in pilotwings... when u use bird man mode its some sort of deformed bird/hang glider that takes up most of the screen. makes it unplayable. :( the other three pics are of the squares under the boats and people when over the water, which isnt a big deal at all, but i thought i'd post a pic for people to see.

EDIT: so after messing with it more, i found out the birdman glitch only happens if you get bird man by flying into a star in a level. if you choose it from the EXTRA menu, it runs fine. also the squares under your character over water are only if you have the jetpack. so no big deal.

i found more bugs in pilotwings. guess im the only pilotwings fan here eh?
when u play the level where u have to photograph the wale, the wale is a big brown block... and it makes it pretty much impossible to get a 100 on that level. also the spaceshuttle has this huge brown block around it, and the birdman still has the shadow problem on some levels. if anyone has had any luck fixing any of these problems, please let me know. thanks.

gargamel

It's not possible to set dual controller options is it? I'm using a Playstation controller and it works great except for C-buttons. I get some annoying "snapback" when logically setting the C-buttons to the right analog, Gamecube-style. I'm wondering if there's a plugin that will allow multiple button assignments per task. I'd like to use the right analog, but have other identical button assignments. I'm sure somebody knows exactly what I'm talking about, especially for games like Zelda with the ocarina.

ChiZeL

Thank you Project64!! (1 more round?)

Dear PJ64

i'd acutally like pj64 thanks on this new PAtch and all~~ lol even thou i'm a bit behind time lol cuz my ones a bit sick, i'm not on my past computer, anywayZ besides the point,, this was really cool cuz i'd thougth i'd never be able to play cuz i kept getting a memory error so i thought old memories of pj64 was gonna be history T.T but oh yea this new one works and works HARD! even thou this hasent got a very high graphic card it still rulz!!!

i even registered here to say Thanks PJ64!! u guy(s?) RUL!!Z
now i can start up again or what not and maybe even save up for a game pad controller and adptors and plug and play~ lol~~ or somfin~lol all thanks to you guys i might explore more in to this stuff~ ;; again,,lol

Thanks again ,,,even thou u might not even get to read this message and replied~~ seeing so may ppl have already~72k+ ppl~viewed in such short time? (+replys) WOW~~ i just dont no what to say~~ it breath takingly kool to have this back and running i thought u guys were going to be really busy as in really busy doing somfin else but man this rulzz hard~corE!!
really dont no what to express here~its like ALL SO AWSOME!! well any more thanking would take the whole night and i need to restart this computer cuz of update , best wishes for future~~ :bouncy:

Plus i think the sounds is better + which overall i reckon every thing else is better? lol i haven had time to read readme yet but man this it JAMMiN

Thanks Thanks REALLY ,, and funny,, april fools suppise thing~~keke PJ64 the one now rulz ~~ hehe :party:

So though this might be last weeks news for many, lets have another round of a kluz for PJ64 and their hard work!! Thank You PJ64 Team (including Jabo, Zilmar and Gent mentioned on the Project64 site, not in any particular order respectfully, and all the team that i havn't been able to get specific names of)

Thanks Thanks its like in a way an early :santa: ?,,lol but u get the point keke ^.^

(p.s: dont flame for this if you are getting tried? (hopefully not but) of otehr thanking threads but really i think Project 64 deserves respect and i'm just doing another round hehe)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Yeah, it's nice to see another one to say thanks for the release, but why you can't do it like everyone in the Project 64 1.6 Thread and why you can't try to write in proper ENGLISH? Probably in the boards you wwas before this one it's funny to write in such a way, but here we try to speek as good as we can do! Please, next time try to write in proper English!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Thank you for your kind words ChiZeL and although you are from NEW ZEALAND i am gussing English isnt your 1st langauge so thank you for trying also. i will place this thread in with the other ones rather then keeping all different threads on the same topic. Again thank you from all the team for your kind words and hope you carry on enjoy Project64 1.6

Last edited:

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
:huh: *bites tongue* Anyway... Welcome ChiZel. Sure I'll have another round with ya. (can I say "ya" here without getting flamed? Good! :yawn: ) *bites tongue harder* I too share in your joy over this incredible release. Cheers. Project64... One emu to rule them all. (do I smell a new sig?) Anyway, I'm off to wipe the blood from my chin.

ShadowFX

Guardian
Couldn't resist...

pj64_sig_v1.jpg

Yellow Elf

To ScottJC,
What settings are you using to get Mariokart's framebuffer to work?,I can't seem to manage it

Also,my very cheap (£10) analogue controller just doesn't cut the mustard when accuracy is paramount,so I'm open to suggestions for a really good controller to go and buy in the next few days.

Last edited:

Yellow Elf

Thanks, I had that antialiasing thing on (I don't know what it does, I just press the buttons and hope for the best) it now works with that off.
What is antialiasing anyway?

Cönker1

anti-aliasing, its when it takes the aliasing out of the picture. Aliasing being the 'jaggies' or fuzzy edges. Okay, lets say you have a straight line in a game, sometimes it has little edges in it, with AA on, it smoothes out those little edges. Or indents. Whatnot.

MaxwellSmart

This version of Project64 is fantastic, great job.
Asteroids Hyper seems perfect to me, except the locked game "classic asteroids". There is nothing on game FAQ about this part being emulated or not. Is it?

Tooty

I have noticed a minor problem of jabo's controller plugin which appares only in the game bomberman 2nd attack, that is, after roughly 30mins game play, the left and right directions of the analog stick are lost. I've tried both keyboard and the ps2 game pad and reconfiged different keys for times, the problem is still there

ggab

Emutalk Member
with Jabo 1.5.2 / 1.6 (it seems to be incorrect, cause it shows all the map...)
With RIce and glide64, it shows only 2 pieces (that i have).

Enter and talk, then press 'A' to see the BluePrints:

how does it should be?

PS: i can upload a savestate.

ChiZeL

accident -.-;;

ChiZeL said:
Dear PJ64

i'd acutally like pj64 thanks on this new PAtch and all~~ lol even thou i'm a bit behind time lol cuz my ones a bit sick, i'm not on my past computer, anywayZ besides the point,, this was really cool cuz i'd thougth i'd never be able to play cuz i kept getting a memory error so i thought old memories of pj64 was gonna be history T.T but oh yea this new one works and works HARD! even thou this hasent got a very high graphic card it still rulz!!!

i even registered here to say Thanks PJ64!! u guy(s?) RUL!!Z
now i can start up again or what not and maybe even save up for a game pad controller and adptors and plug and play~ lol~~ or somfin~lol all thanks to you guys i might explore more in to this stuff~ ;; again,,lol

Thanks again ,,,even thou u might not even get to read this message and replied~~ seeing so may ppl have already~72k+ ppl~viewed in such short time? (+replys) WOW~~ i just dont no what to say~~ it breath takingly kool to have this back and running i thought u guys were going to be really busy as in really busy doing somfin else but man this rulzz hard~corE!!
really dont no what to express here~its like ALL SO AWSOME!! well any more thanking would take the whole night and i need to restart this computer cuz of update , best wishes for future~~ :bouncy:

Plus i think the sounds is better + which overall i reckon every thing else is better? lol i haven had time to read readme yet but man this it JAMMiN

Thanks Thanks REALLY ,, and funny,, april fools suppise thing~~keke PJ64 the one now rulz ~~ hehe :party:

So though this might be last weeks news for many, lets have another round of a kluz for PJ64 and their hard work!! Thank You PJ64 Team (including Jabo, Zilmar and Gent mentioned on the Project64 site, not in any particular order respectfully, and all the team that i havn't been able to get specific names of)

Thanks Thanks its like in a way an early :santa: ?,,lol but u get the point keke ^.^

(p.s: dont flame for this if you are getting tried? (hopefully not but) of otehr thanking threads but really i think Project 64 deserves respect and i'm just doing another round hehe)

what!@, i'm sure i put this as new threads in the project 64 fourm -.-;; how'd it end up here, I think it got moved -.-;; anyway, I didnt think you guys would be so picky on my shortened words and stuff because it gets kinda annoying to write every--thing in full;; I thought u guys would of just realized what i was saying -.-;; for u flamers on my text above, is this reply note in proper English for you? or now are u going to flame me for using "u" instead of "you" yea and next time i'll remember to put it in a gramm-tic-ly correect way for ya~ -.-;; and i mentioned some names on the the people i'd like to thank but seems there are more on the team like the fourm moderator's so i'll just mention it as "the project 64 team".

so Thanks again to "[The] Project 64 team"

i am right about the message above got moved into here right?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Yes, the message got moved as was indicated by Gent in one of the messages that followed.

Text speak should be reserved for mobile phones - using it on a forum is highly annoying and lazy. If it's tough to type the words out in full, then typing lessons would help.

A round of a kluz for the sentiment in the post though :D

Back on topic....

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
I've been away for a while now, damn internet got cut off at home, and the school has an annoying firewall up keeping me from entering any site that has to do with games. I really thought this was a joke at first, I'm gonna test this out when I get a chance to download it

maf

Web-crawler
I'd almost given up hope of improved N64 emulation. Then, three years later, out of nowhere appears Project64 1.6! I've just downloaded this, so I'll check it out with my games later today :)

ggab

Emutalk Member
***not such important, but a peculiar comment***

Anyone know what happen to the VIEWS counter of this thread?

last sunday was having 80.000 views...

but now it has "only" 3.320 views

i have no idea, maybe the counter has been reseted (itself?)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
ggab said:
with Jabo 1.5.2 / 1.6 (it seems to be incorrect, cause it shows all the map...)
With RIce and glide64, it shows only 2 pieces (that i have).

Enter and talk, then press 'A' to see the BluePrints:

how does it should be?

PS: i can upload a savestate.
I don't have this problem btw, it only shows the pieces I have with jabos 1.6 plugin.