What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
ggab said:
***not such important, but a peculiar comment***

Anyone know what happen to the VIEWS counter of this thread?

last sunday was having 80.000 views...

but now it has "only" 3.320 views

i have no idea, maybe the counter has been reseted (itself?)

yea my bad :blush: i merged another thread into this one and it messed up the count

RadeonUser

Gent said:
yea my bad :blush: i merged another thread into this one and it messed up the count

You mean you merged this thread into another one... You were never that good at doing these things, surprised you didnt delete the whole thing :|

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
RadeonUser said:
You mean you merged this thread into another one... You were never that good at doing these things, surprised you didnt delete the whole thing :|
It Was Touch and Go :shifty: i can tell ya :p

talker

Thanks so much for this new version of Project 64

It works so much better on my shitty computer, and finaly i can play Donkey Kong!

Thanks so much !

liteuser

I'll be Back!
After more testing with PJ64 1.6 , it's working great on both My ME and XP Pro after a regclean on my ME system and a reboot.Gameplay is more stable. I am able to play more games with out being slow. I still use 1964 to play to play Overdrive. But it's great to have this new version to play.So fully working on both OS's now , the problem was on my end. :p Thanks

Sierra

Sierra Fan
This is great!

Hi!

The new version is working much better now! Thank you for it. And I'll post Finnish translation to the translation section of this forym later today, so stay tuned :icecream:.

revl8er

That Damn Good
This emulator is great, I was suprised to see that Jabo fixed the rocket launcher in multiplayer with his new plugin so great work Jabo.

jdsony

ChiZeL said:
what!@, i'm sure i put this as new threads in the project 64 fourm -.-;; how'd it end up here, I think it got moved -.-;; anyway, I didnt think you guys would be so picky on my shortened words and stuff because it gets kinda annoying to write every--thing in full;; I thought u guys would of just realized what i was saying -.-;; for u flamers on my text above, is this reply note in proper English for you? or now are u going to flame me for using "u" instead of "you" yea and next time i'll remember to put it in a gramm-tic-ly correect way for ya~ -.-;; and i mentioned some names on the the people i'd like to thank but seems there are more on the team like the fourm moderator's so i'll just mention it as "the project 64 team".

so Thanks again to "[The] Project 64 team"

i am right about the message above got moved into here right?

Hey Chizel,

Your too lazy to type out the words but you throw in random punctuation everywhere. --;;-;-;

Anyway great release, I tried it briefly last night (since I hadn't been checking the forums in a few weeks) and it was nice. I don't know what it was but it felt more like the real thing. The graphics were smooth and clean, and the sound was top notch. I only tried mainly Japanese games because my other games or on DVD somewhere.

drunkelf

I've just finished playing Donkey Kong 64, 101% done with PJ64 V 1.6

Thanks to everyone that participated in the making of PJ 64 and to those who spent time playing DK 64, uploading save states and reporting bugs, great work.

silenus

Poet from Hyperion
is there a way that i can get to hear the voices
in resident evil 2
it's no fun playing it without hearing the voices

Gill

Banned
drunkelf said:
are these roms released / emulated by PJ 64?

POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE
ISS 2000
TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 3

i know your question has been answered but in the future dont ask "does game x or y work" it can really get annoying... :plain:

NeoNight

zilmar said:
:pj64:

Project64 1.6 is out. Download it and share your thoughts & opinions

:pj64:

Download it here!

best april fools joke ever!

edit: holy crap it isn't a joke! :smurf:

Clements said:
Testing the new plugins as we speak, I'm seeing stuff that I've only seen working with the new Jabo's such as the Vigilante 8 title screen, and also, a lot of the Perfect Dark effects like the lens effects and Night Vision are working properly and at fullspeed, Super Smash Bros. shields/fireballs and off-screen notifier are all correct, Diddy Kong Racing has skidmarks, Quest64's main character is now the right colours, Blast corps is no longer crazy fast, Mario Golf perfect with 60/60 fps, Episode Racer and CBFD no longer have clipping issues... list goes on!

It looks like Jabo's plugin has hi-res frame buffer emulation now like Direct64/glN64/Glide64 too with hi-res Link picture and hi-res Banjo-Kazooie subscreen - very nice! My favourite enhancement of all is that the Subscreen delay in Zelda is fixed! Great job. :D

and teh rocket launcher in CBFD working properly full speed :party:

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
NeoNight said:
best april fools joke ever!

edit: holy crap it isn't a joke! :smurf:

and teh rocket launcher in CBFD working properly full speed

For me the lighting effects in conkers are really amazing! It changes the look drastically..:party:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I've been doing more bug squashing,

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire:

With Jabo's Direct3d 1.6

[Flicker Fix] Go to Options... Graphics Plugins, Uncheck Hide advanced options if nessicary (then close and reopen this dialog), then go to the third tab, change Direct3D Clear mode to "only per frame"!

[Speed Fix] Change to CF2, the game will run more like it should.

More!

Rayman 2:

[Lum Color Fix] Use Force Alpha blending option, this will fix the lum color, but it will break the sky, you can't really win but you can decide which you like best, I haven't played far enough to determine the other side effects.

Last edited by a moderator:

ggab

Emutalk Member
ScottJC, with your nice Tips and great suggestions to improve the RDB (likes the CF settings), i highly recommend you to post them (again, as a short resume) in the Unofficial RDB v4.x by Nekokabu & MASA :)

Mikk-DC

WOW! What a release!! Goldeneye plays superbly now and runs like a dream. No more stuttering (apart from the sky being funny). WOW! Im still a little taken aback at how games that once played very badly in PJ64, now play great. Titles including Mario Golf, Mystical Ninja (although this one does still stutter, at least theres no awful black walls where textures should have been) and Banjo Tooie all run much smoother now. Plus, Majoras Mask now looks even better than before and theres no stuttering when bringing up the inventory/menu. This update rocks!

I do have one question though. Is it possible to stop the geometry problems (polygons sticking out every so often) in Donkey Kong 64?
I have synced audio to game and it seemed to help, although only a little. It doesnt render the game unplayable, but it is a little distracting to say the least, so am hoping that there is a way to solve this.

Last edited: