What's new

Zelda TP Is 'OUT!

antidote

Rigging isn't easy but it can be both fun and informative. Face rigging tends to be the hardest thing to do on models that you didn't make yourself because you have to experiment with it and find out how the poly's flow. I had a link model done with about 20% of his face rigged but I lost it to a virus <.< oh well back to square one.

EDIT:
How else would you rig it o.0 manually type in the coords? Now THAT would be tedious.

Last edited:

Fluesopp

This forum is next to dead...
But I'll try anyways.

I have ripped the Fishing Hole with BMDViewer, and fixed the material from blinn to lambert, and added the alphachannel in the tga file, which doesn't automaticly follow. But I see that much of the transparency is not from alpha channel. Take the dirth path. It fades out in the corners, but on my model the edges are sharp. How can I solve this? Can I perhaps paint some transparency on vertex? Or do I have to use alpha maps?

antidote

it sounds like an alpha mapping issue that cannot be fixed by the renderer atm because thakis is at Uni so you'll probably have to as you said paint the alpha map your self for the trail

Xavior

Hey, I know this thread is kind of dead and I'm sorry if I am posting in a wrong topic, but I was wondering if anyone here knows where I might find the "MasterSword's Sheath" or know the name of the archive that contains it. I've found all the models, maps I want , but I'm having serious problems finding the sheath, I found the one for the "Ordon Sword", but thats not the one I'm looking for. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for you time.

Mithos Kionisu

Wow, Ive been gone for a while (guess where I work now :p) Anyway, I want to get back to ripping the models from TP, problem is, I've forgotten how to do it! Ive still got all the programs and all of the files from the disk, I just need to remember how to decompress the .arc files in the F_SP117 through S_MV000 folders, can someone post instructions?

Xavior

Or right click, choose open with and select the programs. Then you just have to hit enter to run them =)

Still looking for that sheath -.-'

antidote

Ah i didn't see that in your last post xavior it's pretty easy to find:
View attachment 37815

The directory is in the image but for laziness purposes

res/object/alink.arc 0.rarc_dir/archive/bmwe/
and both the usable sword for link and its scabbard are in that folder

Last edited:

Xavior

Ah thank you so much, I spent hours looking through every folder and still didn't find it, so I gave up. Guess I skipped that archive in all that frustration >.<"

Wish there was anything I could to in return mate!

Xavior

There is one more thing I'm just curious about. Voice files and sound effects from the game, is there a way to extract them? I found a nice way with the music, but not the sfx and voices.

Fluesopp

Did you extract the .bms files? Isn't they midi?

And the BMDView is open source. You get the source when you download the executable. If not, you can contackt thakis, if you manage to find him.

How far are you on the exporter? And try to export the animation if you can.