What's new

Zelda TP Is 'OUT!

mott

Hi, i have downloaded the bmd viewer, and the gcdump thing, and have extracted the files in the zelda tp gcm file. But i dont understand how i can extract the induvidual files under "/res/object" ? to find the bmd files >.<
(cause when i try to use rarcdump it just freezes and make a emty folder)

Can someone explain what im doing wrong? ;D

EDIT: Nvm, after some testing and failing i found out what i was doing wrong =)

Last edited:

Rathicofin

Hi, all ^^

I was wondering, did anyone found the in-game maps? Those maps that appears when you are in a dungeon and/or in the field???

I was able to find a lot a things, like the script of the game, font, some 2D tiles / models, some dungeons and caves in the Stage folder, but no "mini-map" at all :/ Did anyone found one of those? Or, found in any other zelda 3d game?

Also, I've being "documenting" all things that i see or find, just to make sure that I don't get lost or miss something. If anyone wants that information, I can post this on ^^ 1336 folders in the res/Object folder to see is kind of a... tough work... :)

If someone finds those maps (I still don't knows if it is a 3D Map ou 2D map), please, tell me ^^

Thanks for reading ^^

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Hi Rathicofin!
Maps and enviroment places are stored in the root/res/Stage/ folder... select one, extract the arc and view the bmd file! There are alot Gfx problems yet (on the water and the weird black fade thing on some maps) but i guess that will be fixed^^
You should know i can smell new versions and uptades ;)

Last edited:

Rathicofin

Oh, thanks Sercio, but it's not that type of map that i'm talking ^^

It's this one:

006.jpg

This mini-map that appears in the game and / or pause screen. That's the one i'm looking for ^^

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

Uhm Rathicofin... i dont really know what you mean exatcly? You mean those little green 2d thing? well it can be found in the root\res\FieldMap folder...

Last edited:

Rathicofin

yes, it the green 2d thing.

I've already found those black and white backgrounds ^^ That's not the kind of files that i'm looking for, as these are only the background of the dungeons maps (the field maps are not there, just the hyrule big one with provinces).

I'm exactly looking for the green maps of all caves, fields, dungeons, etc of the game, not the backgrounds :)

(sorry for the G, i've already corrected ^^)

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

me 2... whats about the root\map\Final\Release folder ? There are alot files (could be for each map) but i dont think that those are graphical files cause the size are around 12 kb! Maybe some reverse enginering developer dude could tell me if its possible to make a (small) image in that filesize

Rathicofin

Yes, the root\map\Final\Release could be or the green 2D maps or some map data for use of the framework they use.

First, I was thinking that those green maps were 2D things, so I searched the root\Res\Layout and FieldMap, but no success. Then and I searched all the folders in the res, except Stage and Object and Particle ^^

Without success, I thought that they could be with the 3D maps, so i searched all the D_* folders in the res\Stage, no success :/

Then I started to seek then in the res/Object , maybe because you can zoom in and zoom out (ok... this could be done in 2D, but... what the hell, i want those maps :/).... but there was too many objects (searching for *.bmd and *.bti to get a clue by its filename was helpless :/)

Now I'm completly lost. I started to search the The Wind Waker, to see if a find something interesting ^^

But... where are those maps? :p They must be somewhere ^^ Unless they are rendering the maps based on the 3D model of the room using the engine. I don't know, it's possible, but it would be kind of... strange :/

* Edit: Also, any clue of what are those .rel files?

Last edited:

Mithos Kionisu

Alright, I got the ARCE program but I don't know how to use it. I try double clicking it or drag-and-drop arc files onto it, a DOS screen comes up, then quickly disappears

OP
Sercio

Sercio

somewhere in your folder is now a .rarc file! Extract it same and you will have a ready folder!

Rathicofin

Mithos, try reading the SZS file format thread part 1 and 2 ^^ (it's long one, but there is some nice information in there).

Use the sztools from amnoid.de - welcome to extract the .arc files. Read the readme.txt, because there is the command line you need to extract the files (just change .szs to .arc).

Hope I could help u :)

Mithos Kionisu

Ok, I got the first part done, I've got alot of .RARC files now, so then I did the second command line thing, but all I got was an empty "AlAnm.arc 18f00.rarc_dir" folder. What now?

Rathicofin

The AlAnm.arc is just a RARC, not a yaz0 and rarc compressed file.

Cut and past the Alanm.arc file to another dir, and run the 2 commands to decompress all files in the res/object.

Then, on the folder your copied the Alanm.arc, just run the rarcdump (not the yaz0) to get all the contents.

Mithos Kionisu

Alright, I got it to work, thanks. Anyone know what folders level models are in? I'm thinking of going through and making a list of what models are in what folders.

Mithos Kionisu

Alright, Ive got everything working, just wondering though, does anyone know how to get to the areas in the D_SB04 and D_SB10 folders in the actual game? They look interesting.