What's new

Zelda TP Is 'OUT!

Rathicofin

The first one is a cave near the Bridge of Eldin, north side.

The second one seems to be the cave in the Kakariko Gorge, but i'm not sure. ^^

How is the list going? Want some help?

Kouichi

Well, I started working on the Object folder, still incomplete though, due to the imense amount of files in it.

Please excuse the bad grammar, misspellings, made up words, or anything like that, I tried to the my best. XD

Please tell me if I missed something on those files or misspelled anything!!

Last edited:

Guru64

I believe Dolphin has an option to rip textures. Enable that option, load the game in Dolphin and go to where the texture you want is.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

sorry but animations export function isnt avaible yet! Its to difficault since the .3ds format does not support to save animations... and 3dsmax does not import animations aswell ( not good anyway)

S

Sasuke3.0

sorry but animations export function isnt avaible yet! Its to difficault since the .3ds format does not support to save animations... and 3dsmax does not import animations aswell ( not good anyway)

the animation should be saved as a format that can be imported into other 3d animation program.

like .b3d or something

Last edited:

Mithos Kionisu

Here is my incomplete list of the STAGE folder

D_MN01 (Lakebed Temple)
D_MN01A (Lakebed Temple Boss Room)
D_MN01B (Lakebed Temple Mini Boss Room)
D_MN04 (Goron Mines)
D_MN04A (Goron Mines Boss Room)
D_MN04B (Goron Mines Mini Boss Room)
D_MN05 (Forest Temple)
D_MN05A (Forest Temple Boss Room)
D_MN05B (Forest Temple Mini Boss Room)
D_MN06 (Temple of Time)
D_MN06A (Temple of Time Boss Room)
D_MN06B (Temple of Time Mini Boss Room)
D_MN07 (Sky City)
D_MN07A (Sky City Boss Room)
D_MN07B (Sky City Mini Boss Room)
D_MN08 (Twilight Palace)
D_MN08A (Throne Room)
D_MN08B (Hand Room)
D_MN08C (Hand Room)
D_MN08D (Twilight Boss Rooms)
D_MN09 (Hyrule Castle)
D_MN09A (Hyrule Castle Boss Room [1/2])
D_MN09B (Hyrule Castle Boss Room [3/4])
D_MN09C (Hyrule Castle Boss Room [3/4])
D_MN10 (Arbiters Grounds)
D_MN10A (Arbiters Boss Room)
D_MN10B (Arbiters Mini Boss Room)
D_MN11 (Mansion)
D_MN11A (Mansion Boss Room)
D_MN11B (Mansion Mini Boss Room)

D_SB00 (unknown hallway)
D_SB01 (cave of ordeals)
D_SB02 (cave [forest])
D_SB03 (cave [stone])
D_SB04 (mine shaft?)
D_SB05 (Grotto[forest])
D_SB06 (Grotto[forestA])
D_SB07 (Grotto[stone])
D_SB08 (Grotto[stoneA])
D_SB09 (Grotto[water])
D_SB10 (Cave)

F_SP00 (Ordon Ranch)
F_SP102 (Hyrule feild [eldin])
F_SP103 (Ordon Village, Link's house)
F_SP104 (Ordon-Faron Bridge)
F_SP108 (Ordon & Faron Woods)
F_SP109 (Kakariko Village)
F_SP110 (Death Mountain)
F_SP111 (Kakariko Graveyard)
F_SP112 (Zora's River)
F_SP113 (Zora's Domain)
F_SP114 (Snow Mountain)
F_SP115 (Lake Hyla)
F_SP116 (Castle Town)

Anyone find the Iron Knuckle yet? : P

loz2k6

Im going to rip everything but its there a way to save the animation becuase id like to program with these nice 3d files :D

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Like i said before.. its not supportet yet! Once i asked thakis if this feature will come he answeared that he doesnt have any plains so far... The chapter about animation is pretty confusing and there is no way to "import" a animation in 3dsmax simply! I have no clue about animation with 3dsmax because i just have barely skills about that tool! I would appreciate a animation-importer but you guys should know im very skeptical >_<

kai_joshu

Hello. I've been following this thread for a while now, but have been unable to post anything due to email issues (I just got my activation email last night, though I registered almost 2 weeks ago). Anyway, I was wondering how I can update the list of files on the GCM, and how I go about doing that.

Also, a quick question, does anyone know where Ganondorfs cape is? I've only been able to find it in the Demo folders. It matches the games model just fine, but I want to compare it to the actual cape used in the game. Thanks in advance.

Fluesopp

I did some updates to your file. Haven't been playing Zelda much?=]

I have found the iron knuckle, but I can't remember where it was.
But have anyone found the spirit? Or the interlopers AKA Dark Link?

And Link's model? Have anyone found it? Not the one used in Demo's but the real thing.. The model you use to run and fight with.

And if someone use the exporter, what do you do to make the models pretty? When I import them into 3ds or Maya they get sharp edges.
My method, in Maya, is to select all vertecies and chose merge vertecies. After that, I select all edges and chose soften edge. Leaves me with a descent result, but I think it can be better.

kai_joshu

The in-game link models are as follows:

alSumou - Farmer Link in Sumo Outfit
Bmdl - Farmer Link
Kmdl - Hero Link (in green tunic)
Mmdl - Magic Armor Link
Wmdl - Wolf Link
ZMdl - Zora Armor Link

In each archive, you will find a set of folders. The models for most are in "bmwr". Inside each "bmwr" folder, you will find usually 5 or 6 files. I'll use the Kmdl, or Hero Link, as an example.

al.bmd - Body
al_bootsh.bmd - Iron Boots (Haven't found out how to properly use these yet)
al_face.bmd - Face
al_hands - the different hand poses
al_head - Hat and Hair
al_swb - The Ordon Sword

All other archives will have a similar naming structure, and some of the models share certain characteristics (namely the face for Hero, Magic, and Farmer and Iron Boots).

The two exceptions are Sumo Link, which the models are stored in the bmdr folder, and all it has is bls.bmd(Body), bls_hands.bmd(handposes), and bls_head.bmd(just the hair). Sumo uses the same face as Farmer, Hero, and Magic Armor Link. The other exception is Wolf Link. Although the models are in the bmwr folder, there are only two files. wl.bmd(wolf link) and wl_kusari.bmd(chain link for shackle).

The face and hat/hair will be at the models feet and up-side down. You need to spin them right-side up and facing front. To do this, I just used the bottom of the hair and the top of the back of the neck (both in the center of the model) to line them up.

As for how to make them pretty, these models were designed for real time rendering, not CGI. I use a program called Blender, merge all double vertices, and set smooth on the model. I also use Sub-Surf, but still need to tweak it to get it to look right.

EDIT: Dark Link is found in Demo18_00 > bmdr. Just look for the model with the name "demo18_dlink_cut00_gp_1/bmd". I haven't found him in-game as of yet, though.

Last edited:

Fluesopp

Cool. But is it anyway I can export the models with bones?

It's apperently ripped with something else than BMDViewer.

kai_joshu

It's possible that there is another viewer out there, but they also might have rigged the models themselves. Though tedious, it can be done. That's the way I'm doing it. It's a learning experience for me.

Link_WIP.jpg

Still a work in progress, but I think its usable (for the moment, anyway). Still need to work on expressions and better finger posing.