What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

Craig R.

Here's my new rug texture used on the rugs outside the boos room of Spirit Temple.
This one has the better base rug texture used in the boss room's rug, same border, and a new deign to match the original

v4
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/cahosanimex/2010 OoT work/newv4mainrugtexture.jpg

Original
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/cahosanimex/2010 OoT work/originalmainrugtexture.jpg
Not to sound too critical but the fray around the edge looks a bit weird (doesn't work well with a flat texture) and image you used as a texture is from a picture of carpet not a rug.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Chaoszerox, at any case I probably won't find out what the problem with the code is my programming skills are quite lacking. You would have to hope someone like Microdev or Squall_leonhart has a look at the code.
Oh yeah and I agree with Craig R.'s comment about the rug texture.
And about the wall arch border texture the actual like "lines" need to be thicker :p

chaoszerox

hires_texture
Not to sound too critical but the fray around the edge looks a bit weird (doesn't work well with a flat texture) and image you used as a texture is from a picture of carpet not a rug.
@Chaoszerox, at any case I probably won't find out what the problem with the code is my programming skills are quite lacking. You would have to hope someone like Microdev or Squall_leonhart has a look at the code.
Oh yeah and I agree with Craig R.'s comment about the rug texture.
And about the wall arch border texture the actual like "lines" need to be thicker :p
far from critical lol, I don't think I'm alone here when I say I encourage constructive criticism.
I'm up to see or try any other border for the rug or carpet whichever it is if you think it might be better.
It's just odd that no 1 ever complained (even DD) about the rug/carpet border I used for the rug/carpet of the boss room, which is the same as this one.

@DD I'll work on a thicker one and with less empty space.

@Restaino814 (next post) currently only textures can be modified.

Last edited:

cdogg3

Hey I've been playing the v4 release with the community plugin r67 and I've been getting little glitches like this:
zeldagfx.png

Notice the fence? It's hard to get a good shot because these glitches usually happen for only about 2-3 seconds. They also happen worse on grounds and floors because sometimes part of the ground will disappear for a few seconds.

Not to mention the game runs choppy some times especially when entering new areas.

Are there any settings I can change to fix this?
I tried downloading the community plugin r73 but it doesn't work at all for me.

Maybe it's just my computer. I'm getting a new one in a week, but my current my specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Nvidia Geforce 6600gt
512mb of Ram

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
@cdogg3
Your problems have nothing to do with the pack itself.
The emulation isn't perfect and at some camera angles glitches occur.
If you had 4+ GB of ram you can try using the 'cache hi-res textures' option.
I say 4+ because when I use that option, almost all of my free/empty ram out of 4 GB total is used.
Which is about 3 GB of ram used by the cache option.

Jamrock990

V5! No way!

I've been checking every so often to see if a new pack has been released... and it is here! But no upload :(

I will continue to wait as long as it takes if necessary. Great work here, thanks to all of you for continuing to work on this it looks fantastic!

Would you kindly post a link to the new topic here deathdroid if it is not going to be uploaded on this thread. :cheers:

-J

Jamrock990

I'm curious, has anyone redone the magic bar yet?

The list of partially/completed area list on the OP says it has been done in V5.

Another question out of curiosity... comparing the two lists from V4 and V5 I see that the Forest Temple is now completed and all of the HUD (yay!) I believe there was one other thing that I found that had been completed going from V4 to V5 but I am unable to find it now.

My question is... what exactly has changed from V4 to V5? (Not exactly, just generally it would be cool to see the changes other than what I mentioned above.)

-J

chaoszerox

hires_texture
The list of partially/completed area list on the OP says it has been done in V5.

Another question out of curiosity... comparing the two lists from V4 and V5 I see that the Forest Temple is now completed and all of the HUD (yay!) I believe there was one other thing that I found that had been completed going from V4 to V5 but I am unable to find it now.

My question is... what exactly has changed from V4 to V5? (Not exactly, just generally it would be cool to see the changes other than what I mentioned above.)

-J
Death Driod the project manager hasn't ever made a 100% complete and detailed list of everything that has changed, and with good reason. There are over 3,000 textures in the pack. Managing a list for them all would be silly.
Would you kindly post a link to the new topic here deathdroid if it is not going to be uploaded on this thread. :cheers:
Very silly and pointless question. Just use the forum navigation....not too many new threads on this dieing forum.

Last edited:

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
I did a new magic bar. 'tis simple, but 'twas done. Not to mention my hearts were nice to look at too. ;P

Machinari

Hey, I just made an account here because I have to tell you how amazed and impressed I am. It's really incredible of you guys to do this, and the work thus far is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could help, but I have no idea how to make textures or code at all. >< If you find a job for someone as useless as me, let me know, haha.

It seems that you guys get a lot of bull for it, too, which is absolutely ridiculous. I do hope you finish the project...it is absolutely fantastic. So far I've only noticed teeny issues, nothing that really interrupts the game.

Anyway, excellent work, you guys. :D You totally made my day/week/month/year/life by seeing this. I'm looking forward to more!

-Machi

brendmar

First off... Fantastic work you've all done here. The game looks great.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to fully experience it my self.
My computer is having a problem loading the pack. When i start up the ROM it loads all the textures then crashes when it tries to start the game. I believe that i have screwed something up. I'm using project 64 and I've tried so many plug-ins i don't know what to think anymore. I've scoured the forum trying to figure this out. I was hoping someone could show me the right thing to do here.

What plug-in am i supposed to use?
What settings should i enable other than the hires check box?
What version of the ROM works best?

Thanks for the help.

-Brendmar

chaoszerox

hires_texture
First off... Fantastic work you've all done here. The game looks great.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to fully experience it my self.
My computer is having a problem loading the pack. When i start up the ROM it loads all the textures then crashes when it tries to start the game. I believe that i have screwed something up. I'm using project 64 and I've tried so many plug-ins i don't know what to think anymore. I've scoured the forum trying to figure this out. I was hoping someone could show me the right thing to do here.

What plug-in am i supposed to use?
What settings should i enable other than the hires check box?
What version of the ROM works best?

Thanks for the help.

-Brendmar
see my sig
I need to get some more work done on Spirit Temple this weekend, and upload everything for v5. Plan to see some goods :)

EDIT: wall arch border v2
filled more space, thicker lines, made lines slightly distorted

v2
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/cahosanimex/2010 OoT work/v2archwallborder.jpg

v1
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/cahosanimex/2010 OoT work/wallarchborderv1.jpg

original
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/cahosanimex/2010 OoT work/wallarchborderoriginal.jpg

main wall texture with railing
better shadowing on the railing
matches other main wall textures now

old v3
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/cahosanimex/2010 OoT work/mainwalltextwithrailingv3.jpg

NEW v4
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/cahosanimex/2010 OoT work/mainwalltextwithrailingv4.jpg

Last edited:

dark_zek

Hi, im new and i have been follow this project since like 3 weeks and its great to play again but now in HD, but i have miss some files i dont know cuz if u dont put in to the pack or something like that, the first its the gerudo cart, and the other its the fire arrow in the bow..
i made the gerudo cart, and the other i just modified the color in photoshop from the light arrow,i hope u like it

thelegendofzelda83a826d.png

thelegendofzeldad8457f0.png

Download..
http://www.mediafire.com/?z9mx0204jblkq7e

ps... sorry for my english =P