What's new

what do you think about the GP32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyrancher

The screen size is supposed to be 4.5" across (horizontal, not diagnol) at the 16:9 widescreen format... that's 3X the size of the GBA screen. Many of the portable DVD players are 5" across, so it will be big enough to watch movies or play games without squinting.

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
jollyrancher said:
Portable devices are best for travelling (otherwise just get a PS2) and you can always use an AC adapter if you're on a plane or in a car. So I'm just waiting to hear the dimensions and weight of the PSP (and price) to figure out I'f I'll get one.
i don't think that u can use it in a plane... it has a diskdrive, so it can't be used there! (as far as i know)

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Mystic Gohan said:
I for one believe that it will be a breakthrough in handheld gaming.
I don't think so!
I will never spend more than 100€ only for a handheld-system!(i think many others are thinking like me)
for this money i can get a gamecube! no way!

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
jollyrancher said:
The screen size is supposed to be 4.5" across (horizontal, not diagnol) at the 16:9 widescreen format... that's 3X the size of the GBA screen. Many of the portable DVD players are 5" across, so it will be big enough to watch movies or play games without squinting.
LOL! then it is no handheld-system IMO!
a handheld system is: you can carry it everywhere you want in your pants!
not in a bag on your shoulders!

so this is just like psone with a lcd-screen (much to big!)

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
jollyrancher said:

No, 4.5" diagonal. Don't know where you heard across.

For comparison, most of the screens you can get for consoles are 5" diagonal.

I was looking around about the battery life and you guys are right to some degree... current estimates are about 5 hours of battery life. Even so, you'd have to be insanely hardcore to be using this thing on average more than 5 hours a day exclusively in places that don't have a power outlet... and even if you used it 9 hours one day, I'm sure you can just stick another rechargeable battery in it. And as long as it's relatively compact, which is expected, that's the main thing. Portable devices are best for travelling (otherwise just get a PS2) and you can always use an AC adapter if you're on a plane or in a car. So I'm just waiting to hear the dimensions and weight of the PSP (and price) to figure out I'f I'll get one.

I don't want to have to recharge the battery all the bloody time... I like not having to think about my GBA's battery life until it's effectively dead, a good 15 hours of play later. =)

jollyrancher

Well if it's 4.5" diagnol, then it's bigger than 4.5" horizontal, which is good news. And if you want something that fits in your pocket that you can play on the bus, then get the new GBA (the original won't fit in your pocket). But for people who travel that want PSX-quality games and want to watch movies, then the PSP is what to get. And if there's a way to convert PSX games that you already own onto minidisc and play them on the PSP.... mmmm dreaming... doubt this would happen with the copy protection. I think this PSP is going to be smaller than people expect... otherwise one of those super-mini notebook computers would match it in every way (size, play DVDs, features, game quality) and Sony's not stupid, so the PSP's going to be very portable.

jollyrancher

And with this whole "size matters" thing, I really don't like watching these tiny dots move around on the GBA's tiny screen, especially on the bus or subway. I'd rather play Mahjong/Solitare/Pente or something on my Palm Pilot.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Bah. If you concentrate on the game on the gba enuff, then it'll become just as if it was a big screen. I know as I've tested.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Forget all of you, get a GBA and a flash linker, or better yet, wait for the Tapwave Zodiac to come out! It's going to have enough power to EMUALTE a GBA on a handheld PC! Plus other systems! Plus, the GP32 has a very low original game count, AND! all its games are korean! I now pronounce you all owned! hohoho!

jollyrancher

Oh now I'm really excited.... 2D graphics.... cool!!!!! Oh wait... that was like 15 years ago when the Sega Genesis came out... little retro flashback....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Snes of handheld! Talk about neat!
I couldn't care less if there are few original games or if they're in korean. It still matters that you can actually play snes games, which isn't korean! And other systems, too!

piccolo17486

hmm im to lazy to read all this new posts,so i dont know if this has benn allready posted, but here is a pic of the psp... its just a concept thing, and perhaps it will never look like this when its released, but who cares!
LOOK:
psp.jpg

bye!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.