What's new

what do you think about the GP32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
only look 4 the specifications and emulators 4 it @ http://www.gp32emu.com
you can play SNES on it(and many more things... there are rumors about a GBA-emu 4 it but only private and not 4 downloading it) and watch divx movies or use it as MP3 player
I've looked on ebay 4 an used GP32 but there are none.... only new ones... so it must be good *smile* because no one that has one is trying to sell it!
I only think *WWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW* about it!
fuck off GBA! *hrhr*

revl8er

That Damn Good
No matter what, the gba will always be better than the gp32. The gp32 doesn't even have any commercial games fully cracked yet.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Well that's a bit of a dumb reply. How does the emulation status of the GP32 make it worse than the GBA?

revl8er

That Damn Good
I just forgot to mention that the gp32 doesn't have any really good games on it yet. I know that it's the most powerful handheld for now, but the gba still beats it in games.

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Mystic Gohan said:
I just forgot to mention that the gp32 doesn't have any really good games on it yet. I know that it's the most powerful handheld for now, but the gba still beats it in games.
didn't you know that some people are working on a GBA-emu for that handheld?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
FloW3184 said:
didn't you know that some people are working on a GBA-emu for that handheld?

I REALLY SERIOUSLY doubt GP32 has a fast enough CPU to emulate GBA.

My fscking 800MHz can't run VisualBoyAdvance with 0 frameskip at full speed.

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Tagrineth said:

Is visualBoyAdvance written in assembler only for your CPU?
no! so think about it, if it could be. I think it is possible!
the only problem could be the Ram with 8mb! GBA games usually have more than 4MB! but I think it is possible to load up the roms paticially!
on my old P2 233 with 32MB of ram i was able to play Zelda OoT on UltaHLE! not very smoothly, but it was playable at 3/4 of speed!

Last edited:
OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Lillymon said:

That link brings up two GP32 auctions.

yes, but I don't want new ones! i have no job at the moment, so i can only buy used ones for maybe the half price!
If I want a new one I would buy it at lik-sang!
there it is cheaper than on ebay!

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
FloW3184 said:
Is visualBoyAdvance written in assembler only for your CPU?
no! so think about it, if it could be. I think it is possible!
the only problem could be the Ram with 8mb! GBA games usually have more than 4MB! but I think it is possible to load up the roms paticially!
on my old P2 233 with 32MB of ram i was able to play Zelda OoT on UltaHLE! not very smoothly, but it was playable at 3/4 of speed!

No author seriously expects to emulate the GBA at full speed. The SNES isn't even at full speed yet, and that's a lot less powerful (16-bit 3Mhz 65816 vs 32-bit 16Mhz ARM).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Tagrineth said:

Well, a computer is very much unlike gba so hence it would require more power to emulate it...
what's the specs for the gp32? It can emulate snes and snes is, not equal but almost with some diffrences, so it should be able to run gba games too, although maybe not perfect (who knows on that?). I seriously doubt they put *real* hardware into it...it's basically emulating these systems.

no, I only looked @ www.ebay.de for it!
http://search.ebay.de/search/search...rty=MetaEndSort[/quote]
Wrong again! All ebay mirrors from diffrent countries are linked together AFAIK. All auctions listed on .co.uk is available on .com and vice versa and so goes for all the mirrors. You probably just chose wrong search terms.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I thought about getting a GP32 then i found the Tapwave Zodiac, which hold much better prospect for emulation and a lot of big developers (like sega) are interested in it.

www.tapwave.com

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
Well, a computer is very much unlike gba so hence it would require more power to emulate it...
what's the specs for the gp32? It can emulate snes and snes is, not equal but almost with some diffrences, so it should be able to run gba games too, although maybe not perfect (who knows on that?). I seriously doubt they put *real* hardware into it...it's basically emulating these systems.

SNES is not equal to GBA hardware-wise at all. GBA games may not look much better overall, but the hardware is MUCH more sophisticated.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
More sophisticated could mean it would have more problem emulating gba than snes...
but they about overall the same gfx.
However...
LONG LIVE THE SNES! YOU SHALL NEVER DIE!
:p I had to

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
More sophisticated could mean it would have more problem emulating gba than snes...
but they about overall the same gfx.
However...
LONG LIVE THE SNES! YOU SHALL NEVER DIE!
:p I had to

Actually, if you pick out certain cases, you can find examples of GBA doing a good deal more. For example, SNES can't scale/rotate sprites, while GBA can...

jollyrancher

Anyone with a clue would wait for the new Sony handheld before shelling out $150 for one of those things. Some of the specs:

-UMD or Universal Media Device. This storage media is 60mm, about half the size of the traditional CD and has a capacity of 1.8GB. That's right GB. Expect massively complex, detailed gaming (for your handheld anyway). 2.4 inches.
-ATRAC encoding support (Sony's proprietary sound format used in their minidiscs). This could mean it will be a multi-media device.
-Graphics specs are also impressive: NURB technology for rendering with full 3D polygons.
-The unit's widescreen LCD screen (480x272, that's the coveted 16:9 ratio we all love) will be backlit.
-The unit's sound processing will feature full 3D sound, PCM, and will be "fully reconfigurable."
-MIPS 32-bit processor.
-Also, a secure ROM cartridge for anti-piracy efforts.
-Super-one-chip solution for graphics, sound, etc.
-Memory stick will be used for game saves. Also, for GPS functionality.
-Rechargeable battery.
-CPU: 90 nanometers with a clock speed TBD.
-USB 2.0 connection for talking to your PC, cellphone, even your PS2.
-Embedded RAM.
-Supports additional video codecs (other than MPEG 4.)
-We suspect that the PSP will also come equipped with an analog stick and, since the media is disc-based, it may also have a flip-top lid/cover

ARTH

GP32 hmm... very good console but there's one big problem - games. How many games do this console have, 30? Maybe less.

Status
Not open for further replies.