What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

Someone!

Hullo!
mariokart64n said:
:yawn: oh hey... your not really helping. what is it that you do.. from our last IM I would have pegged you as a punk 14 yo.

But if you know your way around max8 I need alot of help.

rigging skills arn't the best and it'll take forever to port all the ssbm characters.
Uh, I think you know I am an un-skilled modeller who can't ragdoll but knows some stuff :p

mariokart64n

You own the pal version though right? If you can get in-game, you simply just need to make a save, then you could edit the save or even swap the character files in the GCM image. just ideas... i'll test them tonight, post my findings.

EDIT1
Err.. I can't find get a game save in. all i keep finding are these sav. gcs. and gci gamesaves. that when are injected into one of dolphin's MemoryCardX.RAW files causes them to be un-reconizable. Lucky I was able to hex over top the system save. And for the USA version have all mini games unlocked, ada, merceneries, and whatnot. Still can not inject in-game save.

Also tried using "GC-Tool.exe" opening the RE4.gcm and swapping theres 2 files
/ROOT/em/pl00.drs <with> /ROOT/em/pl01.drs I then notice... GC-Tool.exe corrupts the GCM and it beecames totally unplayable. "even tested back on my gamecube"

So this rules out
1) making a save inside re4 (then editing it)
2) swapping game files

>problem lack of tool support.

you guys know of another method of getting a GCI/SAV/GCS into a RAW memorycard data file?

EDIT2
aww figured out my problem "dynarec" was on.. having this disable makes EVERYTHING work yay!! now able to save to memcard, and now able to edit spawn points. have also ripped ada, wesker, hunk. ans kruaser. just missing ashley, sadler, and some cool monsters.. ;)

Last edited:

Sc(+)pe

hey, does anyone have a link model from wind waker cause i really want it, i am trying to rip it myself but the game freezes, please!!

koss

i dont think we can give out models with the textures since the textures are copyrighted.... not sure. No one wants to share much either for that matter.

BlueFalcon7

Sc(+)pe said:
hey, does anyone have a link model from wind waker cause i really want it, i am trying to rip it myself but the game freezes, please!!
Actually theres a faster way, but you need a few utilities.

You will need this to extract the GC iso, and to extract the .ARC/SZS archives and you will need this to view and export the models. These programs were written by Thakis. Heres is the thread

Nelde

is there anyone who can help somebody that has no idea of such things (=me)?
all i need is a step by step tutorial that explains me how to rip those models, im just too stupid for it :(

BlueFalcon7

OK, you drag the .gcm or .iso to the gcmdump, and it will extract the iso. It might take a while... Next, you find the .arc /.szs to the Yaz0_dec, and a .rarc file should come out, if not drag that to rarcdump, (it opens the .rarc files also) and it will dump a folder, and in that folder, it should have .bdl/.bmd files in it. Open them with BMD view2.

Nelde

thank you, but i've already found out how to use thakis' programs.
actually, i was speaking about this universal model and map ripper.
but it's cool that you answered that fast :bouncy:

Mithos Kionisu

Hey, can some one use this to rip models from Starfox Assault (and adventures) for me? I tried doing it myself, set the path in the ripper to dolphin.exe, loaded Assault, but it crashes before it finishes loading, I assume its because my 512 mb of ram cant handel both 3d ripper and dolphin running at the same time.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

well requesting for models will not supportet!
Just asking how to and do it works!

Mithos Kionisu

I know how to use the program, the problem is dolphin crashes while loading starfox assault when I run it through the program, normaly I'm able to load assault just fine

Mithos Kionisu

Alright, so I'll have to do it my self, any idea what could be causing it to crash on boot?

My specs:
512 MB RAM
Intel Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz (2 CPU's)
128 MB Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset internal gfx card
Dolphin Version 1.03.2

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
This information is from Wikipedia.
"...Aside of the Star Fox series of games, Super Smash Bros. has Arwings flying around the Sector Z stage as an obstruction that shoots at the player. Its sequel, Super Smash Bros. Melee has an Arwing trophy...."

There is an Arwing trophy, you can look through the trophies gallery.
It can take a lots of time, but if you want the lower quality version of it, you can use Lemmy's video plugin to capture it.