What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Well it isnt difficault to get Fox in SSBM!
You should be able to get wolfen ,arwing and the rest!

Mithos Kionisu

I've already modeled the Arwing from Assault from scratch, I just wanna check how accurite I was, and I want the Wolfen for use as refrence as there arnt any good refrence pictures for it

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Sercio, the model in SSBM, was not the one Mithos wanted.

Mithos, can you use GC-Tool to look through the Assault ROM, are there any .bmd, .szs, .arc, or .rarc files in the ROM?

Mithos Kionisu

Ok, I just checked, none of those filetypes are in the disk, and it's not just starfox that crashes when trying to boot with the ripper, ssbm crashes too

Last edited:

Mithos Kionisu

Thanks, is there any chance theres something wrong with the ripper? maybe I installed it wrong or arnt using the right settings in dolphin...

Mithos Kionisu

Its got a pentium 4 processer and 512 mb ram, which is 1/4 the amount of ram to run dolphin well if i remmember correctly, but other people in this thread have the same amount of RAM, I dont know but I'm guessing its my intel graphics card, that seems to be whats preventing me from playing Fable as well

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
I have a gigabyte of ram, and I use radeon 9600xt.

It's possible that your graphics card prevented you from playing it.

IProto

Ya I'm having problems with the smoothness too. I found that if you leave a viewport in flat rendering it will look nice, but getting the actual render option to look good is something I'm not sure on how to do yet. Here's what link looked like in the flat viewport.

RageMario

To pull off the smoothing, I just used the HSDS modifier on the model on Level 1.

For everything else, I used the Mental Ray renderer(you can change the renderer in the Render Options), with a Skylight and Final Gather(in the Indirect Illuminations tab of the Renderer). Also, I used some SSS Fast Skin crap on Bowser too.

Last edited:

Someone!

Hullo!
RageMario said:
I figured I could try editing some of the models I ripped using Max7 and make them look a bit more high-quality or something like that. If most of the other models would actually come out right(they look all weird and crap), I'd apply the same effect. But for the time being, here's Bowser. :p

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6821/bowserupdateas6.png

The spikes came out kinda weird though.
You got to do the nintendo smooth! :O