What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The Help Thread (Djipi's and also Federelli's packs)

Paws

So I'm late to the game, does anyone still have that texture pack that Inorigi no Yume posted that had the files "ready" to be used for Master Quest? Or does anyone know a proper way to may the Cell Shaded textures work with it?

Thanks in advance.

I downloaded UFU (useful File Utilities) and renamed all the files that way, took about 10 minutes for it to complete the rename spam. but all the textures work fine now with ZELDA MASTER QUEST.

Last edited:

VinnyC

I know of a way to do it. You basically have to manually rename every file with the proper beginning.

EXAMPLE:
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#0CCCAA5B#2#1#4B244EAB_ciByRGBA.png

Change to
ZELDA MASTER QUEST#0CCCAA5B#2#1#4B244EAB_ciByRGBA.png

ctatumt

So I'm late to the game, does anyone still have that texture pack that Inorigi no Yume posted that had the files "ready" to be used for Master Quest? Or does anyone know a proper way to may the Cell Shaded textures work with it?

Thanks in advance.

I downloaded UFU (useful File Utilities) and renamed all the files that way, took about 10 minutes for it to complete the rename spam. but all the textures work fine now with ZELDA MASTER QUEST.

Yeah I uploaded it sometime ago just in case my computer crashed :)

Here ya go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7I3ECAKC

Enjoy!

YoungLinkFan

I'm having some varied issues that has to do with OpenGL combiner modes. I tried to use DirectX rendering but it never works on any emulator I try. It just crashes immediately or shows a black screen.

I'm using Project64 1.6 with Mudlord's Rice Plugin 1.6.3 DX9.

Anyways, I can't seem to get an OpenGL combiner mode that works 100% correctly with Federelli's Hi-Res Texture Pack. I have different issues depending on the combiner mode.

"To Fit Your Video Card":

This mode emulates the graphics the best but has the most fatal error. Whenever I'm using this combiner mode and switch around in the Submenus too much, the graphics will "crash" and the game will become unplayable. When this happens, the Submenus disappear completely and once I unpause I get a lot of missing graphics and the game becomes unplayable from there.

Submenu Graphics Crash:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/YellowYoshi/Game Screens/THELEGENDOFZELDA-8.png

OpenGL 1.1:

This mode fixes the Submenu Crash and still emulates things near perfectly, but I get the error of Link's clothes becoming a grey/white color. The B-Button icon also becomes a Grey/White color.

OpenGL 1.2/1.3:

Really buggy it seems like. The Submenu crash is still fixed but now there's a ton of transparency issues. Things such as hearts, Gold Skulltulas, wall-vines, and torches either emulate with bad graphics or appear incredibly pale and almost invisible.

Torch:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/YellowYoshi/Game Screens/THELEGENDOFZELDA-6.png

Gold Skulltula:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/YellowYoshi/Game Screens/THELEGENDOFZELDA-4.png

Wall-vines:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/YellowYoshi/Game Screens/THELEGENDOFZELDA-5.png

Water:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/YellowYoshi/Game Screens/THELEGENDOFZELDA-1.png

OpenGL 1.4:

Still having all the same transparency issues, however torches don't emulate at all and going near them makes the HUD Display disappear.

It seems like my computer just doesn't want to cooperate with any of the combiner modes at all. I've tried adjusting the "Normal Blender" and "Normal Combiner" modes in-game with the various OpenGL Combiners but none of them seem to do anything. I still haven't been able to do anything about the Submenu Crashing, so if anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful.

Last edited:

YoungLinkFan

Sure.

Dell Inspiron 2200
Intel Pentium M Processor 1.60 GHz
Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910 GML Express Chipset (Just the on-board video card)
DirectX 9.0c

I hope that's enough information. I used dxdiag to find this info specifically so if you need more let me know.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
I don't know, but the vines looked cool. be kinda cool to be swimming on air. culd be that you are using a differentiated graphics card that might not be inputting the right movements and textures correctly, causing paleness, transparency, and even the "mirror framing"

bgn

i'm having a strange problem with loading any external textures in general. Basically, Project 64 crashes after the textures are loaded. I've been using the Rice plugin, and I've tried the stable, development, and 10 beta. Project 64 version is 1.6. I tried 1.7 but for some reason that one crashes either during or right after "byte swapping image", so I went back to 1.6

This seems to happen with the Rice plugin, but I don't get any error, just a crash (Project 64 stopped working. Windows is trying to find a solution to the problem. Cancel?)

Other specs, nvidia 8800 GTS g92, enough ram, enough cpu. And Vista SP1 x64. That might be the problem...

I was working on this problem all day, setting the compatability mode of Project64.exe to Windows 2000 fixed it.

YoungLinkFan

Thanks for the help. I managed to finally find out that I was ignoring a Combiner Mode that actually works on my computer. OpenGL Fragment Program Extension fixes just about every error that I was having.

But of course, nothing can ever run smoothly. Now the issue I'm having is that while I'm playing through the game, no matter what I may be doing, the screen will randomly go entirely black. I can't pinpoint what may be causing this or why it's happening.

I've tried PJ64 and 1964, but to no avail, the error persists in both emulators.

tW34k

How come my Rice video plugin don't find all the Hires textures but Glide does? Is there some setting I haven't activated?

VinnyC

I'm putting together some comparison videos, take a look ;)

Original Textures vs Federelli
Original Textures vs Federelli w/ Mudlord's shaders
Federelli vs Dijipi

24murph

The Texture Packages are pretty cool, but I have this error on the Sub-Screen Menu on OOT, as you can see by the image I added at the bottom, that makes it fuzzy and laggy. I tried both texture packs and they both have the same outcome. An am using Project64, Mudlord's Rice video plugin, Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1) [!].z64 file, and if anyone can help, it would be nice!

2coj0rd.png

Last edited:

devilmaycryDBT

your framebuffer reads settings are wrong.

What are the correct settings then?
Providing it's Project64.

Also, my OOT keeps freezing When i beat the boss in the water temple, and step into the light that usually takes me to the temple of time, the game screen goes white and won't play.
has this happen to any of you?

Last edited:
OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
Hi guys long time no see, Right, updated the link to Rice's video plugin as a direct download from the files page on the website.

Need to really update the first post now (I've just scanned so don't shoot me if I'm wrong) now projects are finished.

Ill update them a little later.

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone :)

HylianEagle

Did you say that the packs are actually finished because I thought the latest release of the Federelli pack was 0.21?

If not are there any finished packs for OOT? Right now I'm using the Community Retexture Pack from N64 Redux combined with the hud and subscreen of the Federelli 0.21 package.