What's new

Thank you Jabo :)

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
siquilid, your suggestion is valid but you are going about it all wrong. I actually gave the same suggestion more than a year ago (August last year when 1.3 came out i think) but i didn't ask it so disrespectively like you do. ( i dont remember this kind of outrage since meromex (i think thats his name)). I would be the first to admit it would be way cool!! But you are meant to ask nicely. After all if it wasn't for project 64 n64 emulation would still be as good as nemu 0.7!! (ouch!). I know you are trying to create a personality on this board and thats cool, i like different personalities on the board it spices it up a bit from the usual. As a matter of fact i remember the first posts that "the gentlemen" posted, he used to talk all "posh" like a snobby gentlemen!!
Anyway to respond to what this post was really about

THANKS JABO AND ZILMAR (have people forgotten him ?) oh and the rest of ze team (you know who you are;) )
:linux: :eek: :pj64: :colgate:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
lol that is quite Correct grand master :p

But we all have to make Compromises & adapt if we are all going to get along.

But sadly in Squids Case, he is neither a Team Player,
Or has any Respect for anyone.

Rudeness & pure stupidity helps no one.

Your Nick btw takes me back some years :D

How are the Furious 5 ? :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I remember when v1.0 was released, it was crazy. I downloaded it in sheer excitement, bad part was, i had a voodoo3 and there was no glide64 :(. Man i miss those days (and the old board :p)

crhylove

Banned
squid, this is an idea (of which i've been a vocal proponent) that is not new, but is a good idea. i don't know why none of the emus have plugin memory built in, it seems relatively simple in comparison to so many other things that have been included in these varied and great emus.

i think part of the problem lies in altering the zilmar spec, so that you can have each plugin have it's own settings for every game.

ie. turn off frame buffering in some games and turn it on in others.

i mean, this would be the most advanced / simplest gui setup, but would be much harder to initially configure, and/or change to at this point in the game.

but if you can get it going man, send me a beta without the 1 hour wait. I'd love it. and i promise not to leak it to the gentleman... ;)

/me looks at everyone gettin' all riled.... <a href="glossary.php?<r=l">LOL</a>

/edit HEY! look at my posts! i'm half the # of the beast!! w00t!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
The idea is to make an emulator that's easy to use. We believe this does not make it easier to use - it may suit a small number of users who regularly switch plugins and know which they want for particular games, but we don't think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks of added complexity and confusion. How hard is it to change a plugin? CTRL+T, Up/Down, Enter. How often do you change plugins? Is there any concesus on which plugin is best for everyone for every game? What happens when a plugin is updated? How much extra configuration is required for each plugin? What should the GUI to set this up look like? Would this just be for video plugins, or should you not allow all 3 (or 4) plugin types to be assigned? These are some of the questions to think about.

Last edited:

poison777

Banned
Thank's to all stuff to make PJ64 ready to rumble.. :)

1 Big Question have to JABO, when you can finish the Grafikplugin vers. DX6 1.5 to DX7 or DX8 1...and the joy Plugin is not compatible with my GRAVIS Eliminator after Shock ( N-Rage Plugin work's fine...) -Update- ? !!!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Dang it RDP would you quit making so many different nick names? Why can't you stick with one? I think that's a waste of the server's space :bunny:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
poison777 said:
Thank's to all stuff to make PJ64 ready to rumble.. :)

1 Big Question have to JABO, when you can finish the Grafikplugin vers. DX6 1.5 to DX7 or DX8 1...and the joy Plugin is not compatible with my GRAVIS Eliminator after Shock ( N-Rage Plugin work's fine...) -Update- ? !!!

I have just two words for you - "f*ck" and "off".

crhylove

Banned
agreed 4 once on that one smiff..... (as per the "make it work on MY SETUP" thing)

as for the multi plugin RDP, i don't think it would make the emu any harder to use if it had a clean interface. and especially not if you had the plugins included in one download package. it seems like all the authors are working together alot anyway, so why not? i just think that putting together an emu that has the highest compat by auto switching plugins (primarily vid plugins), would be groovy as hell. How would it look? it would be one more entry in the RDP, and then there would be an option under settings that says, "auto switch plugins by rdp recomendation" or something. and by default it would be on. and by default (hopefully) the authors of the plugins would allow their plugins to be included. maybe on a quid pro quo basis.... :) allow jabo inclusion in 1964, allow rice inclusion in pj64, azi inclusion in both, and both plugs included in next apollo.... it'd be like an n64 orgy!!!

rhy

Smiff

Emutalk Member
No, shockingly bad idea, the plugin compatibility varies per system, pj64 hangs if some plugins are in the plugin folder, one plugin is right in one place, others are right in other places, it would be a total mess, and apart from anything else the authors don't want their plugins going out in packs or with every emu, for these reasons and many more.

The plugin system is there for users to move parts around and find combinations that suit them, not for one person with an ego to try to create a "mother-emu" which achieves f**k all apart from pissing off the people who's hard work they are (ab)using. To try out ideas with the PJ64 source is fine, just be careful how and why you're doing it, if you want to release anything.

Doing any kind of automatic plugin switching in an attempt to make things easier for newbies is opening a Pandora's box of problems that you will not be able to cope with... saving selection for your own convenience is another matter.

Last edited: