What's new

Thank you Jabo :)

siquilid

Banned
did they change the core at all in 1.5 or did they just change jabo's plug-in? i think i read that somewhere but it doesn't really make since.. wouldn't they just update the plug-in? see if they changed the core in 1.5 i don't want to make an addon for it. if that's the case i will just make another gui for 1.5 and hide it so it uses the core but has more options/better look/etc.

RadeonUser

siquilid said:
did they change the core at all in 1.5 or did they just change jabo's plug-in? i think i read that somewhere but it doesn't really make since.. wouldn't they just update the plug-in? see if they changed the core in 1.5 i don't want to make an addon for it. if that's the case i will just make another gui for 1.5 and hide it so it uses the core but has more options/better look/etc.

I just can't believe your ignorance and stupidity...

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
welll... see.. thats what the readme's & whats new are all for.

Have a good read, & erm.. if you was going to do anything with the 1.4 Source i think you will be amazed after reading all the Changes since then :)

& As for the "if that's the case i will just make another gui for 1.5 and hide it so it uses the core but has more options/better look/etc."

That a Hack my Friend ?
There is no 1.5 Source on Offer The PJ64 site States that.

If you are thinking of working on any source you will have to make do with waht you called quite nasty the "out of date emulator"

Last edited:

Davemc

Dave
c'mon squid i know you can do this. you can make the best emulator with 100% compat. and be 1337
*cough*

siquilid

Banned
you guys can be close-minded and arrogant all you want. you know how you have to constantly change the plug-ins everytime you want to play a different game? i'm going to make it so you can save the plug-ins you used for each game. i'm also going to make a better, interactive, user-changable gui. its not a hack and i'm not editting 1.4. i'm going to make a seperate program that sends commands to 1.5 via a better gui and better rdb system. YES, it will use already made rdb's and just ADD the settings you choose. since for some reason 1.5 isn't open source i'm just going to use VB6 to make Tampon.

Gent

Administrator
siquilid said:
you know how you have to constantly change the plug-ins everytime you want to play a different game?

Erm... Squid No i dont know..

I have no probs with having to change anything, But after i just looked at your specs.........
I think i know your problem.

& As for the "you guys can be close-minded and arrogant"
Re-read, all your Posts now that really is close-minded and arrogant.

Last edited:

Reznor007

siquilid said:
you guys can be close-minded and arrogant all you want. you know how you have to constantly change the plug-ins everytime you want to play a different game? i'm going to make it so you can save the plug-ins you used for each game. i'm also going to make a better, interactive, user-changable gui. its not a hack and i'm not editting 1.4. i'm going to make a seperate program that sends commands to 1.5 via a better gui and better rdb system. YES, it will use already made rdb's and just ADD the settings you choose. since for some reason 1.5 isn't open source i'm just going to use VB6 to make Tampon.

You're going to make tampons using VB6? You could make a killing if it works.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
siquilid said:
lol, cute. i will get at it though. call it "Project Siquilid Sucks D!ck" if you want. and i'll call it the Tampon Add-On since i'm not really going to change anything, just ADDING things.
:plain2:

um thats nice but i think most of us are not too concerned about your sexual preferences.... :plain2: anyway um GREAT JOB JABO AND TEAM if i didn't say it before :pj64:

siquilid

Banned
you guys are rich, all i said was that i was going to make pj64 easier to use and you start throwing insults at me. after shivering in fear that you might hurt jabo's feelings and cause him discontinue his progress with plug-ins/etc., i attempt to bring logical reason to your attention, declaring that his hobby is one of creation and that creation involves criticism, and if he can't handle it maybe he should find a different type of hobby. and yeah, i'm sure that picture of a tar-infested lung gave you everything you needed to know about my computer's specs and how it handles pj64. as most of you know, certain plug-ins run certain games better than others, and currently pj64 doesn't save the plug-ins that you used for each game. instead you have to tediously rearrange your plug-ins everytime you change games. i'll give the neanderthals like gentleman an example:

on jabo's newest plug-in, cruising exotica flashes with wierd misplaced polygons, and on playing would induce epileptic seizures in young children; however, on the glide64(or was it daedulus? i dunno, doesn't matter.) plug-in, it works fine, with the occasional wreck because of some invisible wall. lets say you are playing a game that isn't supported by glide64(or doesn't work well with daedulus), and stop, deciding you'd rather play cruising exotica. you'd have to go into the plug-ins and change them accordingly.

at this point i really don't give a flying fuck what you assholes think. i'll write all the api calls and find all the hwnds for pj64 1.5 and then just keep the program for myself after posting assloads of badass screenshots just to fuck with you for doubting me. then after about a month or so of flames like "those screenies are fake", i'll attach it to this post, but with a splash screen that says, "You suck.", and makes you wait an hour before you can even use it.

Last edited:

Davemc

Dave
siquilid said:
at this point i really don't give a flying fuck what you assholes think. i'll write all the api calls and find all the hwnds for pj64 1.5 and then just keep the program for myself after posting assloads of badass screenshots just to fuck with you for doubting me. then after about a month or so of flames like "those screenies are fake", i'll attach it to this post, but with a splash screen that says, "You suck.", and makes you wait an hour before you can even use it.

good for you, i wish you all the best for your emulator, go off and work on it now and let us now on how it progresses :!!!:

iq_132

Banned
I understand what you're saying Siquilid... you want to make an add-in that auto selects which plug-in and changes the settings for the plug-ins depending on each ROM... That would be great, but it would be a pain in the ass to go through each ROM and pick the best settings for everything. IT would be a major enhancement to the GUI. Also, people like to tweak a lot too so you might want to make some sort of txt file like another .rdb, you could make a .squid. :) But seriously, I think you should go for it.

As for the teasing and taunting, I can't say you didn't bring it on yourself, but I can say that if you try to be a little less cynical and be a little more helpful, you won’t have to change your login name...

Like highschool all over again isn't it :)

PS. I do spell-check, but the spell-checker can't spell :)

Gent

Administrator
siquilid said:

SQUID: can i just say one thing.
Your attitude is full of it.
you assumptions that anyone even gives a rats about you,
makes me laugh.

as for your teasing users until they practically beg to use this piece of mind blowing crap, lol.
Ill ban you myself before that even happens.

Even if that means me getting Banned myself.

You have acted badly & without even thinking anything of it.
I am never rude to people, & i go out of my way to help people.

But you are so much up your own Arse, you should really see what a D*** you are when Posting.

I should Ban you right now for even having the cheek
to ask the Authors for a Source that you know isn't even available.

siquilid

Banned
lol, i'm an asshole but you'll learn to love me. or get some kind of wierd "i hate you so much i kind of like you" thing towards me. or just completely loathe me. either way, you'll like the add-in. as for asking for the source, it would have just made it easier, but maybe without the source it will have more potential. and i was planning on just adding the settings to the default rdb so that tampon will be compatable with newer rdb's. basically the rdb is just an ini file and you could easily add categories to it, for instance, video plug-ins and audio plug-ins, which is all i'm going to be doing. i'm also going to make it so you can change the colors of the gui -- i might even make it skinnable.

iq - thanks for support, you just got added to my shitlist -- i mean shouts list. ;x btw i helped some guy who had a problem with a wrestling game. wwf something. -g-

gentleman - not only do i have cheeks, but i have dimples. and you must be the reason pj64's forum doesn't have a smiley face next to it.
:plain2:
dayve - i'm not making an emulator i'm making an addon for one. thx nonetheless. you can be on the shouts list too.

ps: after i make this can i get a neato colored name like smiff's and jabo's? i'll take off the nag screen.
:sly:

perfectdark

Originally posted by TrueKaiser
i think he needs to work on the compatability with ogre battle 64

Originally posted by B*A*G*G

what the fuck are you talking about?
ogrebattle64 works great.

for B*A*G*G:

What is your configuration? for me, i have a black screen on almost every battle screens ?? :!!!:

My config:

Project64 V1.5 + ATHLON XP1700 + GeForce2MX (32MO) + 256 MO DDR

TrueKaiser

Autobot Renegade
Yes if working fine for you is black battle screens and 30 sec to 2 min pauses every few mins, then something is wrong with you.
I have checked the rom goodn64 says it’s a good rom.
I have tried other plug-in jabo's even with these problems works the best.
Personally I think saying that something needs improvement is good constructive criticism (spelling?).
Just saying and I quote "WOW JABO YOU ROCK" etc is spam and doesn't help in the development of the plug-in.

I am of course assuming he wants his plug-in to work as close to 100% as possible for compatibility with games.

RJA

The PC Wiz
SQUILID

You're ticking me off!!!!!!

:pj64:

You ain't taking Project 64 for your self, number one,
second: the Project 64 core and *everything* was updated too!!!
Perfect Dark ROX!!!!!!! No artifacts in sky!!!!!!!

Now, SHUT UP!!!!!!

Project 64 (c) 2001-2002, All rights reserved

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
READ THIS SQUILID!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I BET YOU SQUILID DOES NOT WANT TO GET PROSECUTED FOR
THINKING HE OWNS THE IDEA OF PJ64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
No Squillid you dont get a colored name. Only people Marty can trust get those.