What's new

Thank you Jabo :)

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
Hi I just want to say my thx to Jabo and the others involed in PJ 1.5.

Your hard work has really Paid off and it does indeed show it :)

I thought I'd write a small list of what everyone can enjoy with the new pj 1.5 :)

Banjo and tooie: I seriously didn't think this would ever be emulated but it is and runs great :)

Mission Impossible: Used to be really slow ingame but now running great well done guys one of my fav games :)

Mario Golf: It runs almost perfect now :)

Perfect Dark: This seems to be running a lot better then it used too :)

The Two Ready to rumbles menu's and title screens have been fixed :)

Various Wrestling games have been fixed and run great: WCW nitro, WCW revenge, WWF No mercy and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

oh and yoshi's story runs great also :)

If anyone else can point out other games which have been impoved on in this release plz post them thx :)

bositman

Cmon truekaiser jabo doesnt "have" to work on anything...id like KI Gold fixed too but i understand that he cant fix eveything and also he cant fix stuff without breaking some others at this point.So lets just say a big Cheers to Jabo :)

LuD

I was really happy to see THQ's wrestling games get good support... They were some of my favorite N64 games, and seeing WWF No Mercy run the way it does, is a blessing.

I'm really happy with the compatibility now, because more than enough games work with no problems, and that's better than nothing.

I wouldn't mind if a few of the games such as Cruis'n USA, Killer Instinct Gold, or Mortal Kombat Trilogy were sped up a bit, but I can live without playing them. :D

(By the way, did the database go down sometime? I used to have an account here a long while back, and it seems to have been wiped out.) :(

TrueKaiser

Autobot Renegade
let me play devils advocate here, just because it works with some games is that enough reason stop working on it or improveing it?

iq_132

Banned
Jabo will do what he wants. Don't pressure him, you'll just piss him off. Just encourage him and give subtle suggestions.

Natus

if Jabo has achieved all the compatiblity he was originally aiming for, then yes, it is enough reason to stop working on it.

try a different plugin if you can't handle that.

siquilid

Banned
bleh.. if jabo can't handle suggestions or constructive criticism then he should find another hobby.. collect stamps or something, jabz. n64 emulator writers need to get more serious about their hobby, if you're going to do something you might as well get it right. if you guys stopped dicking around with whose plug-ins/emu's are better and worked on one fully-functional system you could all finish this up and start on a new console. i *can* understand why they get annoyed with people complaining about compatability because that is complicated, but why not write an ini file that stores which plug-in works best with which game, and in the settings menu you can code a tab-based window with a listbox for each plug-in installed and users can add their games to it, so when you wanna play a game you don't have to sit there for ten minutes fucking with the plug-ins so that you can see the title screen. excuse me for being naive but what is pj64 programmed in? c? c++? i'll get a compiler and do it my fucking self. would only take about 30 minutes unless you type like a kindergardner and it would be the best thing since the wide-mouth mt. dew cans.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
siquilid said:
bleh.. if jabo can't handle suggestions or constructive criticism then he should find another hobby.. collect stamps or something, jabz. n64 emulator writers need to get more serious about their hobby, if you're going to do something you might as well get it right.
excuse me for being naive but what is pj64 programmed in? c? c++? i'll get a compiler and do it my fucking self. would only take about 30 minutes unless you type like a kindergardner and it would be the best thing since the wide-mouth mt. dew cans.

Well Squid:
1st there is constructive criticism, & then there is the completely Rude & damn right silly.

Authors have lives, They have Work, IE: other commitments.
they don't perform at your Command, & most certainly don't ask you to try anything they have done.

As for the last bit "I'll get a compiler and do it my f***ing self. would only take about 30 minutes", Agreed once someone has already done all the work for you.

In Short if you cant be civil, Be silent.

& why do i get the feeling you are another @aol.com

tooie

well the source is there avaliable .. go nock your self out .. make it the best it can be ... stop talking .. words are cheap .. take action ...

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
You saw it here first folks..a new variation of your favourite emulator is in the works....: "Project Squid"

direct all comments to [email protected]

Keep reaching for that rainbow I say.

siquilid

Banned
lol, cute. i will get at it though. call it "Project Siquilid Sucks D!ck" if you want. and i'll call it the Tampon Add-On since i'm not really going to change anything, just ADDING things.
:plain2:
ps: "siquilid" is a portmanteau of liquid and sickeness. for all of you scholars , a portmanteau is a concept created by Lewis Caroll, writer of The Hunting of the Snark, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Through the Looking Glass, and is created through a completely balanced mind, when you say two words at the same time. Chortle, is a word Caroll created and is still used today -- It's a portmanteau of CHUCKLE and SNORT.

pss: check my ip. one is aol, one is cable, neither are mine. and i didn't mean any offense, jabor i was just making a point. *i* collect stamps. well, not really, i just made that part up. and yes i'm rude and silly.

so anyways, to silence the heretics.
"Project Tampon"
an addon for PJ64 1.5
Release Date: Tonight/Tommorow maybe even the next day if I get into it and add more.. like a better iface. wouldn't it be neat to change the colors of the romlist, etc.? anyway, post suggestions here for the tampon add-on, no compatability junk because i'm not changing shit. i'm just adding things.

siquilid

Banned
As for the last bit "I'll get a compiler and do it my f***ing self. would only take about 30 minutes", Agreed once someone has already done all the work for you.

blah like you cheats staffers have room to talk. ;p

Gent

Administrator
siquilid said:

blah like you cheats staffers have room to talk. ;p

:sleepy:

Unlike you Squid The "cheats staffers" :plain: as you say.
do slightly a little more then nick others work like you ;)

Just try Bomberman Arcade J ;) & then try searching for cheats As of most of the ones in the file.

As for <a href="glossary.php?<r=#"><a href="glossary.php?<r=#"><a href="glossary.php?<r=#">1337</a></a></a> 1.4 squidilishious version.

i look foward to seeing it outshine & bedazzle us all "Anything less would just be {}:{ IMO"

Last edited:

siquilid

Banned
Unlike you Squid The "cheats staffers" as you say.
do slightly a little more then nick others work like you

Just try Bomberman Arcade J & then try searching for cheats As of most of the ones in the file.

As for 1337 1.4 squidilishious version.

i look foward to seeing it outshine & bedazzle us all "Anything less would just be {}:{ IMO"

isn't that nicking my work? just wait till tommorow and i will attach Tampon to this thread. i'm thinking of making it so you can change the colors of the romlist, and instead of a whole new tab just using the tab for plug-ins you guys already have, but making it so it saves each games' settings for EVERYTHING. i will probably just add entries to the rdb so that it will accomodate plug-in settings, etc., i dunno. any other suggestions/flames?

siquilid

Banned
just realized there's no 1.5 source. i like 1.5 and i don't want to make an addon for an out of date emulator, and c decompilers are hard to find, so if one of the creators will upload the source i can get started.

Gent

Administrator
lol Nah you talk real good Squid, Im sure that 1.4 source once you are done will shine as bright as the Sun.
Go for gold mate, Can wait to see it ;)