What's new

Smash Bros Melee Model Viewer Status

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Fixed: Stop detection errors, makes the model looks messed up.

Here's Samus.
samus2.gif

Valant Novaligh

Woah, that's crazy mechakoopa. There's an optical illusion that makes it hard to tell which side is facing you =P. Cool
UV mapping isn't bad. It's getting the faces that's been the most trouble for me- polygon groups. I have trouble understanding how the game interprets these models without choking up somewhere =P
I'll probably figure it out just in time for SSBB. Oh well.

psychodan

teo95gr said:
Man, it would be cool if you could export php to model

considering that through php you can resize images to new thumbnail files [like imageshack does] as well as modify them, odds are good that you CAN export to a 3d format, especially since most 3d formats uncompressed are similar text files...

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Is Pl???.dat file an archive files?
I see the list of files, I think, at the start of file.

Are there anyway to extract it?

By the way, I went to some offset in the file and see the sequence of numbers near 00 00 and FF FF

I thought it was vertice data, and what I see is...
View attachment 33972

Yes, no, maybe, I don't know.

psychodan

Yes. The DAT files are archive files. In them is a number of different things. I made a batch file that extracts them... Mentioned this earlier, thats how i get textures.

psychodan

mechakoopa said:
psychodan: Can you send me the extractor program?

Not at the moment. If I release the Maxscript eventually [only after someone else creates a viewer AND extractor or some type of converter], I'll be including it in that [otherwise the maxscript would be useless as it doesn't work with "dat" files alone].

However, If SarahHarp decides to include an extraction method in her viewer tho, I'll probly offer the source to her though if she hasn't gotten it by then.