What's new

Smash Bros Melee Model Viewer Status

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
I still want it, I just don't want to annoy/harass/pester/trouble you.

psychodan: Looks really cool!

Last edited:

Someone!

Hullo!
psychodan said:
Seems like alots happened around here, it's rather hard to keep up with using my mom's computer. What's this "Direct X Dumper" thing?
HUGE IMAGE

I've finished my MaxScript. It imports the Players, Trophies, Levels, and a few other things. If you look at the screenies, there are still a few glitches...

Has anyone made an extractor that works 100% yet? I haven't tested Jahra1n's so I don't know. When someone does, I'll release this so people can stick them in Max easier. I have partial bone support too on the player files but they don't seem to be attaching to the groups correctly.

HUGE IMAGE 2
On another note, I'm currently working more on Super Mario Strikers. I've got some basic mesh data, but it mostly just explodes.
MaxScript? Woot.

Last edited:

psychodan

teo95gr said:
MaxScript? Woot.
Dude, you quoted images... that's bad! especially since they didn't resize.

dngen2ak7.th.jpg

Image Link Is Here

On another note, I ran some of the new stuff through a game engine a couple friends are making along with some stuff i got outta Thakis' viewer. It's only a concept, but It'll be cool

Last edited:

psychodan

mechakoopa said:
What is it anyway?
mechakoopa said:
that looks really awsome! Howed u rip the sonic model?
The game Sonic Heroes uses the Renderware DFF Format which, after GrandTheftAuto, became quite easy to deconstruct allowing access to a number of games [though I think I'm the only one that's actually tried to screw with NinjaTurtles:BattleNexus in any way]. In any case, the GTA Maxscript was modded by someone [I'm not sure who] and an incomplete set of characters and enemies was whored around the internet. The only issue was it didn't allow for level usage [thus making it incomplete]. After i did a maxscript for BattleNexus, I wrote one for SonicHeroes levels. Since i have the game for pc, I found a bunch of things not in the standard zip file.

About The "SmashBros:WorldTour" screenshot, An earlier version of the "Game Engine" dubbed Sunshine a few of my friends made is still partially complete, at least as far as graphics engine and Character/level editors are concerned. We modded prettymuch everything we came across into it but due to various reasons, several other parts are now corrupt and it's mostly worthless.

Which leads me to the screenshot
. I opened the editor, Paralaxed a graphic i did a while back [link] for the background, imported the world file, loaded the characters for the shot since they were already boned and had animation sets. Then i added the "Ice" effect in PicturePublisher. and touched up a few other things.

Not that anyone asked, I think David got the Vivi/BlackMage character off polycount, but a number of the characters not pictured are from other modded games across the net.

DN-Gen is basucally the current version of thier engine though I'm not sure how much info they want me to give out, but it's definatly something that Unreal isn't. I'm bored, so maybe I'm over-complicating my text...

Last edited:

koss

im gonna get sonic heroes for pc, then can u email or aim me the max scripts and any other things... and the dn-gen engine wat engine is it liek a platform or fighting or am i just confused?

psychodan

koss said:
im gonna get sonic heroes for pc, then can u email or aim me the max scripts and any other things... and the dn-gen engine wat engine is it liek a platform or fighting or am i just confused?

I use the internet when visiting my mom's house, so I don't have access to my computer, 3dmax, or the scripts themselves, even if i still have them. I actually bought sonic Heroes, it's pretty cool [the speed characters anyway] and theres also a nifty program that lets you do some wierd stuff with it.

Regarding DN-Gen, I'll PM you so this doesn't get too much more offtopic.

koss

ok well thanks alot man. lol i wanna rip solid snake using direct x ripper. Ill give a screenie later

psychodan

koss said:
ok well thanks alot man. lol i wanna rip solid snake using direct x ripper. Ill give a screenie later

What IS this Direct X Ripper!? No ones told me? MetalGearSolid PC was already hacked into. I have the models and a converter on my computer XD

koss

ok psychodan thanks for lowering my self esteem about mgs 2! in the beginning of the other thread sercio posted a link to the program.

Last edited:

psychodan

koss said:
ok psychodan thanks for lowering my self esteem about mgs 2! in the beginning of this thread sercio posted a link to the program.
Lowering your self esteem?? Ehh.. I mentioned MetalGearSolid, not MGS2. I don't know anything about sons of liberty... I know people got into halo and halo2, a bunch of other fps and star wars games. Im sure there are other games, ive seen some crash bandicoot models around but dunno where they come from.

Someone!

Hullo!
Psychodan, Sons Of Liberty was never released to the PC. I am sure he was talking about MGS2 Substance, which was the version for the PC.

S

Sasuke3.0

How did this topic turn into a topic about Metal Gear Models?

We should be discussing about the possibilities of making or releasing a viewer for Super Smash Bros Melee.

koss

yea we got lil off topic cuz psychodan wanted to no wat the directx ripper was. Anyway any more news on this topic?

psychodan

Yeah, I asked, but then KOSS Mentioned metal gear. Who cares anyway? Bleh.

Substance, Sons Of Liberty, Whatever MGS 2 Same thing blah.

New news on the SSBM Whatever front? kay. I figured out why I was having random groups not show up with my maxscript and i downloaded a tutorial and read through about how to add characters and bones to characters in 3d max so i think i know what to do to my maxscript to have full bone support on ssbm. And Koss is AFK on AIM so I can't offer him the MGS importer i brought over XD

Last edited: