What's new

Saturn Emulation Screenshots

K2nsl3r

SF3 and Nights

Guys, I felt so relieved last night when I FINALLY got my first Saturn game working (well, "working" may not be the right word"), on *Satourne 1.1p*: Shining Force 3. In addition, Nights into Dreams took me to character selection. Here are the screenshots.

I gotta say, though: this saturn emulator scene is still pretty shaky, isn't it? Some people apparently obtain satisfying, playable results - but not me! :blush:

SHINING FORCE 3:

here's the looooong-winded intro dialogue, which in addition is incomprehensible - and what's with the faces?: :yucky:
Screen01.JPG

Pad plugin (smpc 1.1) works fine, and I could walk around the palace, apparently in full speed, with some anti-aliasing visible:
Screen02.JPG

Here you see some of the more egregious graphical errors:
Screen03.JPG

... After going through one door, it just jammed. Well, the graphical glitches were numerous anyway... Maybe someone has an idea on how to improve on this, like is there an emulator that runs this?

NIGHTS - INTO DREAMS:

this was a short experience - here's the last image I saw as it froze:

Screen04.JPG

Overall, somewhat disappointing, but still pretty liberating, since I literally spent 3-4 continuous hours trying to get ANY game to work, on ANY emulator... Really quite a hassle. :ala:

My machine is AMD Athlon 3200+, with Radeon800GT. Speed really isn't an issue - more the basic emulation part!

rcgamer

the old guy
if you had an athlon64 you could use ssf. it is now the new king of saturn emus. lots easier than satourne too.

K2nsl3r

ssf no good

Rcgamer, yes mine is a 64, but ssf 007 beta crashes on me as I try to choose bios... Probably something to do with the foreign language - people had problems with this?

blueshogun96

A lowdown dirty shame
Black Fire

This game goes ingame with training mode, but crashes in mission mode. :plain:

EDIT: added the ingame snap (bottom)

Last edited:

dragomasterx2

There is a new release condidate out of beta 007, it seems that the crashe are no more because the author has rewritten the soundemulation.

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
Whoa, Saturn emulation made big steps through 2005..

I'll post some shots soon, too! :bouncy:

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
deathace said:
hey jugz, what kind of framerate you getting?

Heh, good question mate. Actually I don't know if you can see the fps with SSF. But I can tell you that Bust a move is playable and Mortal Kombat 2 is slow (not so much slow, but hard to play).

I'll have a better look later, after work. :)