What's new

Saturn Emulation Screenshots

spotanjo3

I played most of games on this SSF and it is very good. This author is very talent and very aggressive updating it a lot. Whoever this author is..very amazing and I applaud this author! Keep up!

Borisz

Some guy was arguing that Mario 64 had oh so crispy detailed graphics compared to the low resolution grainy Saturn 3d games, so I just had to make that pic - the guy most likely never even saw mario64 running on the real hardware because its blurry as fuck due to the forced antialiasing/mipmapping (whichever) of the n64. That pic is to illustrate the difference between the two.

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
Well if you have to compare the details between Saturn and N64 you should take some more recent N64 game, not the very first one. ;) Some Rare games, for istance. ;)

Borisz

I know thats its not a good direct comparison but the guy specifically said something along the lines that no Saturn game can live up to Mario 64 because the Saturn is only capable of displaying grainy, pixelated graphics.

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
Borisz said:
I know thats its not a good direct comparison but the guy specifically said something along the lines that no Saturn game can live up to Mario 64 because the Saturn is only capable of displaying grainy, pixelated graphics.

Oh.
Well, that's absolutely not true.. :plain:

Borisz

Rockmangames said:
Yeah but I do not know what this is. I never heard of this screen before. What does it do ?
Well, it's a bios splash screen.
It displays "V-Saturn".

so i guess its the bios splash screen of a V-Saturn.

duh.

spotanjo3

It is just like sega saturn bios that I played .. I can play sega saturn games with this bios as well ? Or it is for ROMS separately ?

Chazam

The V-Saturn was a clone of the Saturn, autorised by Sega.
JVC/Victor V-Saturn

Another authorized clone of Saturn. There are two versions of this system, both light-grey. The casing is similar to that of any standard Saturn. "V-Saturn" is printed on top of the machine.

RG-JX1: Model with oval buttons. Two toned gray with black as bottom second tone.

RG-JX2: Model with round buttons. Two toned gray with darker gray as bottom color. From inspecting the later version, it is identical in every way to the Sega machine aside from color and markings, to the point one can suspect both are made by the same people, or at minimum are made out of exactly the same parts (all the plastic moldings are identical etc.). The boot-up sequence on a V-Saturn has the polygons form a V-Saturn logo instead of the SegaSaturn logo, of course. The boot-up screen on the second one shows "Ver. 1.01" just as it does on white Saturns have been seen to do...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Saturn#JVC.2FVictor_V-Saturn

d+pad

Hey Borisz,

First of all, great shots - thanks for sharing them!

Second - did your Saturn Bomberman shots come from SSF? I have both the E and J versions of this game, and can get both running on my actual Saturn machine, but when I try to play it on SSF (ver. 0.07 beta R2) I get an error. Can't tell you what the error is 'cause it's in Japanese :)

I've gotten plenty of other games to work, though - Sexy Parodius, Shining Force 3, Guardian Heroes, and even Radiant Silvergun (though this one runs a bit slow).

Do I need to download an older version of SSF?

Borisz

d+pad said:
Hey Borisz,

First of all, great shots - thanks for sharing them!

Second - did your Saturn Bomberman shots come from SSF? I have both the E and J versions of this game, and can get both running on my actual Saturn machine, but when I try to play it on SSF (ver. 0.07 beta R2) I get an error. Can't tell you what the error is 'cause it's in Japanese :)

I've gotten plenty of other games to work, though - Sexy Parodius, Shining Force 3, Guardian Heroes, and even Radiant Silvergun (though this one runs a bit slow).

Do I need to download an older version of SSF?
Open the file named "default" under the "Message" directory with notepad and put "english" in the top row. That will change status messages to English. If its an actual ingame text, make a screenshots of it and I'll try translating it.

And ya, all screenshots there are from SSF but I thought that would be obvious enough from the URL and from the naming scheme of most pics.