What's new

Resolution?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
Think in terms of vector graphics, only in this case its 3D.

Vectors can be 3D. Ever played Tempest? :flowers:

Basically, in a fully 3D triangle-primitive engine (any 3D renderer excluding 3DO and Saturn, and some very VERY old PC vid cards), the geometry is handled as pure vectors with no "pixels." It's all abstract so it's "infinite resolution", much like a vector display. If you want to see some good, old-fashioned vectors, turn on Wireframe and turn off Texturing. :flowers:

The actual viewport is defined as a general 3D space, and then is filled with a number of pixels that is defined by your resolution - but the general 3D allotment is always the same.

Now, the only change is when you make a drastic modification to your aspect ratio - for example, you have to do some adjustment going from 4:3 regular to 16:9 widescreen - but that doesn't take too much work overall. Generally that kind of adjustment is handled by the graphics engine already.

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
After many reboots and a sleep period, things are back to normal with my CPU. I was having a problem similar (but not identical) to this when I fried my motherboard...but it was fixed (mobo replaced,) I really hope it's not recurring...i'll keep my fingers crossed.

OK, back on topic, so then it seems definetely that using 700x525 as the GFX Output resolution, and then letting my GFX Card evenly scale it, would be the best. Now, is that possible? Is there any graphics plugin that would allow me to use 700x525? I'm stuck with either Glide64/eVoodoo OR Jabo's 1.4, so I don't have alot of options here...

If it's not possible or feasible, then I guess the other option would be to emulate using a resolution of 1400x1050, but that would surely be incredibly slow...any other comments/suggestions?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Ask some plugin authors real nice-like, I'm sure at least one of them should be willing to pop in a nonstandard resolution for a special release. :flowers:

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
You can use a custom resolution in Jabo's and Rice's plugins. But it needs that you modify some keys in the registry.

In jabo's 1.4, to use a custom resolution, go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JaboSoft\Project64 DLL\Direct3D7 1.40 and modify the value of
Fullscreen Height and Fullscreen Width to the Height and Width of the custom resolution.

In jabo's 1.5, the procedure is similar, but the key is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JaboSoft\Project64 DLL\Direct3D6 1.5

In Rice's Daedalus, go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RICEDAEDALUS(version number)\WINDOW

Unluckily in Glide64, you can't choose a custom resolution (look at the Glide64.ini file)