What's new

Playstation2 VS. GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Technomage
DuDe said:
Busted, Conker's Bad Fur Day sequel is a XBox exclusive since Microsoft owns Rare now.

It's not a sequel, like UT not a sequel of Unreal.

Or i've missed something and there's a plans for true CBFD 2, not only a... huh... CBFD tournament. :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
marioshroom....WHAT IS THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD?!

The way I see it, the thing that PS2 has that the GameCube doesnt is....Piracy. Throughout Sony's history with consoles, i dont remember any long period of time where people werent pirating its playstation (2) games. Piracy = cheaper games, cheaper games = more systems sold, more systems sold = more kids pimping the system that they bought. This peer pimpage is probably much more effective than any super bowl commercial...think of all the people who buys stuff just cuz all their friends did (of course, no accusations...i have no idea what your exact thoughts where when you bought your PS2).
On the other hand, Nintendo has been going out of its way to fight piracy. Heh, GC disc dumps have only reciently been made...and when did the system actually come out? In the end, all that the GameCube can rely on is its few fanboys spreading the word and the shitty (US) commericals that nintendo pumps out.

Davemc

Dave
Who really cares which is best? I don't at all. I have 9 PS2 games (recently sold loads) and 6 Gamcube games. But I have had my PS2 a year longer than Gamecube.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
pj64er said:

The way I see it, the thing that PS2 has that the GameCube doesnt is....Piracy. Throughout Sony's history with consoles, i dont remember any long period of time where people werent pirating its playstation (2) games. Piracy = cheaper games, cheaper games = more systems sold, more systems sold = more kids pimping the system that they bought. This peer pimpage is probably much more effective than any super bowl commercial...think of all the people who buys stuff just cuz all their friends did (of course, no accusations...i have no idea what your exact thoughts where when you bought your PS2).
On the other hand, Nintendo has been going out of its way to fight piracy. Heh, GC disc dumps have only reciently been made...and when did the system actually come out? In the end, all that the GameCube can rely on is its few fanboys spreading the word and the shitty (US) commericals that nintendo pumps out.

Well, technicaly speaking, you are correct here, as the xbox took longer to crack than the PS2, so its popularity could have shot up before GC...but then again, I don't think any company would dare spend any money to take a census that in any way legitamizes piracy lest they be severely scruitinized and sued.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I have no doubt that Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with their hardcore Anti-Piracy, Anti-Emulation stance.

On top of that, go take a look at the rack for PS2 at your local video game store. Then take a look at the GCN's. Tell me you can't see how the GCN is viewed as a "kiddy" console. :plain:

I bought a GCN for Wind Waker (yes, it has a FEW other games I want, maybe 3 or so, but Wind Waker/The bonus disc is what sold it.) I am sorely dissapointed, and now that MQ was leaked, i'm regretting wasting my money. I would have been better off buying 1 of the 20 or so games I would like for the PS2. :doh:

Small side note: I can't believe how many people think there will be a 128-bit console. :geek:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
is the topic gc vs ps2?

am i a winner of something?

i think there will be someday a quantum console, much less the 128 bit.

but i will still not a console have, and be playing of the much better quantum computer and ATI quanteon. and still probably play 1964 version 3.7

lol
:saint:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Flash said:
It's not a sequel, like UT not a sequel of Unreal.

Or i've missed something and there's a plans for true CBFD 2, not only a... huh... CBFD tournament. :)
Microsoft owns the rights for the Conker trademark. If the upcoming game is not a sequel to CBFD, then the next one will be, or the one after it, or whatever. The point is, that if there will ever be a sequel to CBFD, it will come out on the XBox, and that's what I meant.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
marioshroom said:
is the topic gc vs ps2?

am i a winner of something?

i think there will be someday a quantum console, much less the 128 bit.

but i will still not a console have, and be playing of the much better quantum computer and ATI quanteon. and still probably play 1964 version 3.7

lol
:saint:

I guess you dont get it, either your english is bad, or you are young. Anyway, lemme put it this way. In this thread, we are comparing how consoles are doing, not talking about the open-source movement/tenebrae/quantum computers (?!). If that is what youd like to discuss, make a thread for it :)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I think I would put 50/50 odds on nintendo never producing another console. If they did produce another one, I doubt it would sell much more than the dreamcast did.

/me pulls up his flame shield :happy:

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
yes of course....

of me to a "sarcastic" been. this is what a friend says.

also is my english not of the best, for anyone to see.

this point i was making:
console sales are irrelevant for eventually will all things be of emulation on very good computers which are the better every day!

this other point i am agreeing with alphawolf, and some others maybe.

GC sales are not of the best. they have lost outright to MS and sony. why? maybe because the piracy is the less, maybe for another reason such as the crap selection of games to a comparison with ps2. although also are the games not so great for an xbox, so how does it win? this is not for me to know!

if i was to be a guesser, nintendo will try again, but without more of a good game like super mario world was of n64 and of snes, then they will not have a success.

also will they maybe not have a success for sony and ms are mean bad companies to beat them easily.

this is too bad for me so i am a big fan of some nintendo games!
:plain:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: yes of course....

marioshroom said:
of me to a "sarcastic" been. this is what a friend says.

also is my english not of the best, for anyone to see.

this point i was making:
console sales are irrelevant for eventually will all things be of emulation on very good computers which are the better every day!

Being poor at a language does hide sarcasm pretty well, so forgive me for missing it.

Since that is the point that you were making, Id like to say very good computers would be irrelevant for eventually we would all have scorpians that hovar without flapping.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
my friend of english says that with a perfect english understanding, still is that sentence not making any sense!

lol!

u r most the sarcastic of me!

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
marioshroom said:
my friend of english says that with a perfect english understanding, still is that sentence not making any sense!

lol!

u r most the sarcastic of me!
You are using babelfish, aren't you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.