What's new

Playstation2 VS. GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I did say so each to their own

I am glad you paid for & enjoy the games you bought i really do.
If it floats ya boat Sail away i say.

but for me being a slight advantage being there the 1st world shattering, highly amazing time ever with brand new things like the Arcade machine
Atari Home consoles, Nes, Snes, Sega etc

I have kind of grown to expect more from a new Hyped release any newer Games Console.

The N64 (never let me down) The PSX & PS2 (never let me down)

You know my opinion on the Game Cube

Now i have to reformat so have a nice day.

Davemc

Dave
I don't give a shit I have both. Kthx.

I agree with Tagrineth though. TS2 on GC is a lot better than the PS2 one, though I do struggle to see an awful lot of difference between the PS2 and GC Burnout 2 though.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:

EDIT: Oh, and Clements: Your view is skewed quite a bit, because on N64, the majourity of good games are Nintendo's. And you know why? Because there were very, very few good 3rd parties dev'ing for N64.

Whose fault do you think that was? Nintendo got all big headed after the success of the snes, and thought they were the entire gaming market, so they made these realy stupid anal licensing policies and thought they could get away with it, but it turned out that they were wrong. N64 was the beginning of nintendos downfall, microsoft replacing them as second place is simply signing and sealing the deal.

Now with GameCube it's a little different; they actually have some 3rd-party support, but it seems like in-house games have suffered somewhat as a result (Wind Waker is pretty disappointing, but not because of cel-shading; Star Fox Adventures is a joke).

They have some, but what they have now is laughable compared to sony, microsoft, and what they had in the snes days. GC has utter crap for non nintendo branded exclusives. As for the games you are speaking of, wasn't I telling you the same thing on IRC a few weeks back and you were disagreeing with me? :happy:

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
everyone of the console is a fanboy!

of course the computer is the best, so i am the emulation player!

this is emutalk not lameconsoletalk!

ms/nintendo/sony are evil capital based creature who like a fiefdom of old times to the people!

don't buy crap of them!

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
Whose fault do you think that was? Nintendo got all big headed after the success of the snes, and thought they were the entire gaming market, so they made these realy stupid anal licensing policies and thought they could get away with it, but it turned out that they were wrong. N64 was the beginning of nintendos downfall, microsoft replacing them as second place is simply signing and sealing the deal.

Um... GameCube doesn't have nearly the problems N64 does. It has a LOT of 3rd party support.

They have some, but what they have now is laughable compared to sony, microsoft, and what they had in the snes days. GC has utter crap for non nintendo branded exclusives. As for the games you are speaking of, wasn't I telling you the same thing on IRC a few weeks back and you were disagreeing with me? :happy:

Um... no? I was arguing that The Wind Waker is a wonderful game, and I never contradicted that. It IS disappointing. I never said otherwise.

Edit:

everyone of the console is a fanboy!

of course the computer is the best, so i am the emulation player!

this is emutalk not lameconsoletalk!

ms/nintendo/sony are evil capital based creature who like a fiefdom of old times to the people!

don't buy crap of them!

Um. EMUtalk. EMULATION of Classic Consoles. If you don't like consoles, get the fuck out of here because that's the main theme of this ENTIRE FORUM.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
u r just to the argue with me.

and http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/
rocks!

and it is one of a few game to make use of new gfx cards, also, yes we also are looking of the new version forward, but this is true of all things maybe?

get the fuck out is a rude thing to say of just some opinion.

i am only of interest in emulation of a console, personally, so that is what i had said. consoles of the self are not for me nearly as fun than with an emulator, and certainly they make the less interest from a standing point of the companies that make them also. for me anyway.

you a rude person of bad manners.

shroomario

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
marioshroom said:
u r just to the argue with me.

and http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/
rocks!

and it is one of a few game to make use of new gfx cards, also, yes we also are looking of the new version forward, but this is true of all things maybe?

The original Quake is a pretty bad game.

Tenebrae is a remake of Quake.

Tenebrae uses bump maps and specular highlights on EVERYTHING, making them all look like plastic and horrible.

Tenebrae implements real light sources in place of ambient light + lightmaps, meaning the game is horribly dark except near the 4 light sources per level.

And finally, it does not make use of new graphics cards. It's the same as DOOM3. Anything more recent than a GeForce256 (OLD) can run it, you just need DOT3 and Cube Mapping support.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:

Um... no? I was arguing that The Wind Waker is a wonderful game, and I never contradicted that. It IS disappointing. I never said otherwise.

Hm...I don't remember zelda specificaly, but I -do- remember you calling me shallow for saying that all of the starfox games after the original sucked ass. :satisfied

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
Hm...I don't remember zelda specificaly, but I -do- remember you calling me shallow for saying that all of the starfox games after the original sucked ass. :satisfied

Star Fox 2 owns.

NeoNight

The Gentleman said:
lmao yea right like you cant get nearly all the GC & x-box games on the PS2 anyway :p

If thats the case Though :plain:
and its only for the x-box GC am a Total {}:{ and i had no need to buy it as zelda was crap :cry:

ahh another poor soul that bought the GC thinking conkers bad fur day 2 (i.e. conker live and uncut) was going to be on the GC.. nope its for xbox and xbox live and it looks great.... whith things such as weapon upgrades in multiplayer, like duel swords, duel light swords ...ect

Stezo2k

S-2K
DiaBlo6662 said:
what a useless post.. :baaa:

I had my GC but sold it cuz no good games were available when i had it.. the only game that i bough was metroid prime cuz was looking real good and i liked it.. besides that i want mario kart series / mario party but those games will release in the end of the year so i sold my GC to buy a PS2..
by far ps2 as many good games and the plus that it has a modchip that u can buy cheap dvd copies :)

heh same situation here, well said mate, only thing i liked about GC was resident evil and PAL@60Hz

Davemc

Dave
If I had to choose out of PS2 and GC then I'd choose PS2 because it has an English Pro Evolution Soccer 2 ;)

scotty

The Great One
once I got a PC that was it. The problem with Gamecube was I think the RPG games actually leaving N64, all of them went to Playstaion in 1996. Now There is some Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicles coming out from Sqaure-Enix for Gamecube, will it actually put up Nintendo, maybe who knows.

Really the thing I think that really does it why Nintendo lost its power, the lisensing policy they have. Nintendo like has all this crap about liscensing, many games have been changed due to certian things in them, yet Conker's Bad Fur Day, probably would have been banned if Rare was not partially owned by Nintendo at the time.
(edit): Nintendo has to allow some bit of that stuff, itll get the Mature market back out, and heck RPG's might have somewhat a small return to Nintendo. Dont get me wrong Nintendo might still fall, but I think all companies fall sometime in their life, nothing lasts forever. (edit)

If I get another console system (Which I doubt) Im probably gonna get an Xbox, why do you ask me, well I find it really weird how all my life I have had computers (Ultimate - Play the game, former name of Rare), and consoles with Rare, I really think as if I have and will keep continuing to support Rare and all of their games. Microsoft may be a greedy company, but so what, they too will probably fall in a few years, now that Xbox has come out, it appears that Mac and Linux are slowly getting a larger part of the market, not much but they are slwly moving.

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
Gamecube needs more Games by Konami as well, they may have a few games on there, but like I think all of them are also on Playstation so Konami probably should have some games exclusive to Gamecube. Konami develops more for Gameboy, yes that is true, but most of their exclusive console games are on Playstation 2

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
scotty said:
once I got a PC that was it. The problem with Gamecube was I think the RPG games actually leaving N64, all of them went to Playstaion in 1996. Now There is some Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicles coming out from Sqaure-Enix for Gamecube, will it actually put up Nintendo, maybe who knows.

Really the thing I think that really does it why Nintendo lost its power, the lisensing policy they have. Nintendo like has all this crap about liscensing, many games have been changed due to certian things in them, yet Conker's Bad Fur Day, probably would have been banned if Rare was not partially owned by Nintendo at the time.
(edit): Nintendo has to allow some bit of that stuff, itll get the Mature market back out, and heck RPG's might have somewhat a small return to Nintendo. Dont get me wrong Nintendo might still fall, but I think all companies fall sometime in their life, nothing lasts forever. (edit)

Dude. Nintendo hasn't done any censoring in years.

Look at the massively excessive blood in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (for the record, Nintendo didn't order Midway to change the original MK's blood colour, but Midway still left MK2 SNES's blood as it was originally). Or how about BMX XXX? It's fully uncensored on GameCube, UNlike PS2 where Sony made them remove all topless nudity.

If I get another console system (Which I doubt) Im probably gonna get an Xbox, why do you ask me, well I find it really weird how all my life I have had computers (Ultimate - Play the game, former name of Rare), and consoles with Rare, I really think as if I have and will keep continuing to support Rare and all of their games. Microsoft may be a greedy company, but so what, they too will probably fall in a few years, now that Xbox has come out, it appears that Mac and Linux are slowly getting a larger part of the market, not much but they are slwly moving.

Macs have been gaining market share since before Xbox (iMac was the main 'big push' and OS X helped too)... and Linux's adoption rate is increasing probably because of Microsoft backing off on some of their strong-arm tactics against OEM's (for example, IBM is now using Linux for servers).

There's no way Microsoft will fall, period. Have you looked at their market capitalisation compared to other companies?

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
i think on this you are a dead wrong.

inevitable will all open source dominate everything.

yes not in 2 days, but maybe in 2 years or maybe in 202 years.

this is an inevitable thing for the open source is always to improvement, and also the most fast!

of everything on my computer (except windows) is the open source alternative the better:

Mozilla
The Gimp
Emule
zsnes
quake2max
dscaler
vlc
cdex
dvdx

of only things not to have changed (yet), but will someday be ready and the better:

trillian pro (someday gaim or another will be the better, i am sure!)

nero (don't know of open source one, yet, that has this powers!) YET

ut2k3 (q2max, tenebrae, something will be of the better eventually!)

winamp (so many for the plugins makes it better than the cool player (so far))

Cool Edit (will i switch to audacity, when it has 2 key features of i am needing)

and windows the whole thing, for most of the things i am using are on it better (so far!)

in the end will all be open source, and with no errors for it to have been looked at all the most, by the most of the people!

this is the most exciting of emulation for me, for now in the future will so many games last forever that may die when the console/carts are thrown away and lost!

shroomario

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Linux mplayer would probably replace all of your media stuff if it had a win port. Mplayer supports every media format that exists, and it has about a million different features for streaming, filtering (including a built in 2xsai filter), and several others.

Hell, windows media player couldn't even try to compete with linux mplayer.

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
i am liking the vlc for it will also play the dvds of all regions.

this is a thing i am not understanding of region encoding.

this is a stupid corporate thing?

yeah vlc.

and yes, i have wanted to be of the mplayer, but the windows port is not of the best same.

shroomario

Status
Not open for further replies.