What's new

Playstation2 VS. GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAR

First Person Shooter
Taking a look at the marketing and financial situation, Sony's Playstation2 beats hard GC. What's the problem with Nintendo? Marketing? the aim of their interest which is the very young? not too much games released?

I'm a Nintendo-fan but sometimes I get the feeling that the same thing happens when Nvidia tossed away 3dfx...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Methinks it's because nintendo's consoles (previously) hasn't been so good. Like no rpgs...and well, ya know.Sony, on the other hand, had excellent games to both ps and ps2. Thus is why they're leading. Their reputation won't simply drop. And nintendo's won't simply rise. Sony has aquired it over a long time, nintendo hasn't.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
sony's Playstation is superb for the PSX & Ps2.
Nintendo really have not been a threat to sony apart from the N64.

But you must remember that Nintendo did bring much pleasure to familys all over the world with the nes & Snes way before the psx was a glint On the designers block.

sega also enthralled us with the superb Genesis & Mega Drive.

But as a whole Nintendo i feel with the GC has let themselves down & us the paying public.

its isn't what we expected or indeed wanted after the n64.
Infact what i think we all wanted was the next Gen (DVD/CD-Rom) N128 up and we just never got that superb range Games or Quality IMO.

Although if they give us a Conkers 2 on the GC i just might forgive them for the {}:{ Zelda Wind Wa**** so far ;)

csgo

God Gundam
softwarre is very important.
there are few good games on GC,but many on PS2.
GC didn't have FF,GTA,MGS,WE...
Now it got some,but it's too late...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
and,PS2 is always the best of the best of the best in asia.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
The Gentleman said:

Although if they give us a Conkers 2 on the GC i just might forgive them for the {}:{ Zelda Wind Wa**** so far ;)
Busted, Conker's Bad Fur Day sequel is a XBox exclusive since Microsoft owns Rare now.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
DuDe said:
Busted, Conker's Bad Fur Day sequel is a XBox exclusive since Microsoft owns Rare now.
Yeah, but gent said IF :p
Although I don't think it's gonna happend iether...since the f***ing microsoft will do it for their console only...

Plisco

Sevillian
Nintendo had built up an image that there console is only for kids and as such are not selling very well in the mature markets. They need to build up a more positive approach to the teens and adults market and never think about doing Cel shading ever again, especially to Zelda which imo is a franchise which has always appealed to the mature market.

Last edited:

Clements

I'm growing tired of such lacklustre 'next-gen games' that offer me no challenge or longevity. I'm simply wasting my money! I'm sticking to the N64 and Snes, which offer actual gameplay I like. Well unless Nintendo pull out another 10 triple A titles in one year like they did on the N64 instead of 2. What I'm saying is that all the next-gen consoles suck compared to N64. That's why I'm on this board.

Plisco

Sevillian
Clements said:
I'm growing tired of such lacklustre 'next-gen games' that offer me no challenge or longevity. I'm simply wasting my money! I'm sticking to the N64 and Snes, which offer actual gameplay I like. Well unless Nintendo pull out another 10 triple A titles in one year like they did on the N64 instead of 2. What I'm saying is that all the next-gen consoles suck compared to N64. That's why I'm on this board.

Name me 10 triple A titles by Nintendo in one year for the N64:plain::getlost:

Clements

Which year do you want! :happy:

eg. 2000 was the year Perfect Dark, Zelda Majora's Mask, Conkers' Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Tooie and Paper Mario were released (weren't Mario Tennis and Golf released in 2000?) Maybe not 10, but it's still a lot for one year.

Last edited:

Plisco

Sevillian
Not quite 10, Mario Golf/ tennis were 2000 in states not in UK though, Paper Mario was released in Feb 2001 (states dunno about the UK). Also GC is barely a year old in the UK as well yet you compare its lack of triple A games to a dead console? Bit premature IMHO.
Moving back to topic slightly, GC's lineup this year could improve its current sales by quite a bit, F-Zero, 1080, wario world, final fantasy cc, mgs:twin snakes...many more??. As I said in my previous post appealing to the mature market is. I think this year and beginning of next will be key to Nintendo as it really is there make or break year.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Nintendo's problem through N64's entire lifetime and GCN's start was Yamauchi. He had no idea what gamers wanted anymore.

Iwata knows, though; he WAS a dev himself until he became Yamauchi's successor.

Just compare GBA-SP to all of Nintendo's previous designs if you don't believe me.

EDIT: Oh, and Clements: Your view is skewed quite a bit, because on N64, the majourity of good games are Nintendo's. And you know why? Because there were very, very few good 3rd parties dev'ing for N64.

Now with GameCube it's a little different; they actually have some 3rd-party support, but it seems like in-house games have suffered somewhat as a result (Wind Waker is pretty disappointing, but not because of cel-shading; Star Fox Adventures is a joke).

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
DuDe said:
lmao yea right like you cant get nearly all the GC & x-box games on the PS2 anyway :p

If thats the case Though :plain:
and its only for the x-box GC am a Total {}:{ and i had no need to buy it as zelda was crap :cry:

2fast4u

Tagrineth said:

Now with GameCube it's a little different; they actually have some 3rd-party support, but it seems like in-house games have suffered somewhat as a result (Wind Waker is pretty disappointing, but not because of cel-shading; Star Fox Adventures is a joke).

mario sunshine didnt stack up to mario64, which doesnt neccesarily mean its a bad game tho.
i wasnt disappointed of the wind waker either (i havent beat it yet, but hell).
as for how mario kart and golf (ahem) look i cant see a particular quality loss :)

csgo

God Gundam
2fast4u said:
mario sunshine didnt stack up to mario64, which doesnt neccesarily mean its a bad game tho.
i wasnt disappointed of the wind waker either (i havent beat it yet, but hell).
Mario Sunshine is very "strange"...waiting for Mario128.
Wind Waker is very good,oh yeah,it's very good!

alexa999 said:
PS2 Sucks! GC Rocks!:D

what a useless post.. :baaa:

I had my GC but sold it cuz no good games were available when i had it.. the only game that i bough was metroid prime cuz was looking real good and i liked it.. besides that i want mario kart series / mario party but those games will release in the end of the year so i sold my GC to buy a PS2..
by far ps2 as many good games and the plus that it has a modchip that u can buy cheap dvd copies :)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
The Gentleman said:
lmao yea right like you cant get nearly all the GC & x-box games on the PS2 anyway :p

:lol: Lame-ass statement of the Decade.

and its only for the x-box GC am a Total {}:{ and i had no need to buy it as zelda was crap :cry:

Rare made Conker.

Nintendo sold Rare to Microsoft.

Microsoft owns Rare.

Microsoft indirectly owns Conker.

Microsoft will not allow a Conker game on other consoles. Well, maybe GBA, but not farther than that.

Gent

Administrator
Tagrineth said:
The Gentleman said:

:lol: Lame-ass statement the Decade.

Well TAG :) The only thing lame is it happens to be true.

The X-box claimed that all their games would be exclusive to the x-box.
lol talk about lies ;)

The GC was gonna Sport some fantastic stuff exclusive to the GC only.

True they have some stuff exclusive, now everyone is just waiting for it to be fantastic lmao.

The only good thing about most games being on all three consoles, is that for the PS2 its worth buying it For :p

Tagrineth said:
:Rare made Conker.
Nintendo sold Rare to Microsoft.
Microsoft owns Rare.
Microsoft indirectly owns Conker.
Microsoft will not allow a Conker game on other consoles. Well, maybe GBA, but not farther than that.

course on this i was Joking about conkers.
But not the GC being {}:{ bit :)
The only reason i have a GC in my House is my wife wanted it.
I wouldn't step on the crap incase it scratched my shoes whilst doing so.

But people seem to like it (maybe cause they bought it and don't want to feel ashamed) so each to their own

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
The Gentleman said:
Well TAG :) The only thing lame is it happens to be true.

The X-box claimed that all their games would be exclusive to the x-box.
lol talk about lies ;)

The GC was gonna Sport some fantastic stuff exclusive to the GC only.

True they have some stuff exclusive, now everyone is just waiting for it to be fantastic lmao.

The only good thing about most games being on all three consoles, is that for the PS2 its worth buying it For :p

Uhm. Most of GameCube's best games are either A. Exclusive to the system (Metroid Prime, Skies of Arcadia Legends) or B. better on the GameCube (Burnout 2, TimeSplitters 2)

Not as much for Xbox, though. Oh well. But multiplatform games tend to be better on Xbox/GCN than PS2. The only exception I can think of offhand is Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, because on the GC and Xbox they didn't use the stick, which is horribly retarded anyway.

But people seem to like it (maybe cause they bought it and don't want to feel ashamed) so each to their own

Um... OK... if you say so. I have 22 GameCube games. Most of them paid for by ME. I only regret paying for maybe 2-3 of them total.

Status
Not open for further replies.