What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
As you can see here:
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4533&hl=

i've written a little glide wrapper and i'm having a driver problem it seems. So if anyone would like to help, you can post the results on either emutalk or glide64 board.

I'd like to have a few people testing on video card similar to mine (gforce fx 5200). Don't forget to post the version of you driver.

Edit:
Link to the latest version of the wrapper (0.3.4) : http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=23836

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Just tried this out using:

Radeon 8500 128mb
Using Catalyst 3.10 drivers
Glide64 0.7

There are numerous error messages that appear (can be skipped and are expected). The screen you showed looks fine to me, however in game there are combiner errors and glitches abound.

Nice work though, hope you continue with this :)

Ignore the black box on the pic btw, I was watching a program in BSplayer at the time (thus it overlapped).

Last edited:

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Yes...Its a driver problem..
I have Geforce 5200 128MB
Glide 0.7

The color error comes while using Detonator 56.** & 53.**
But with old drivers 44.** & 41.** no error :cool:

Glitches ingame especially shadows of trees and Mario..
Nice project,Hacktarux...keep working..(I think if u get tooo bored u can make a Gc emulator man :p )

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
ouch.... i have tried various drivers but didn't try such old ones :(
It'd be interesting to know how it works on a geforce fx 5600 or +

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Doesn't work at all for me. I get a plugin exception after clicking out of some errors. Tried with both PJ64 and 1964. My card (Radeon 7500) probably uses too old a version of OpenGL (just a guess).

knowitman

Trotter showed me this thread. I have a GeForce FX5200. I keep my drivers pretty updated, and this won't work at all in PJ64 or 1964. I am just updating them again right now.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I am having trouble getting the game not to lock up on me when I want to make a screenshot of the errors. Pretty much Mario's eyes are messed up and the words super mario 64 don't show properly. This is being tested on an fx5900u with the 56.64 drivers. Keep up the good work with your wrapper and maybe we can have a good substitute for evoodoo.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Mystic Gohan said:
I am having trouble getting the game not to lock up on me when I want to make a screenshot of the errors. Pretty much Mario's eyes are messed up and the words super mario 64 don't show properly. This is being tested on an fx5900u with the 56.64 drivers. Keep up the good work with your wrapper and maybe we can have a good substitute for evoodoo.

You didn't say how the select file screen looks like on your computer. Red or normal colors ?

Clements

I get the red colours shown in Pokemoner's and khanmeister's screenshots with my FX 5600 using the 60.72 beta drivers. When you start a game you have to keep pressing OK in the error boxes to reach in-game, and the wrapper makes it look like the ground is fluidic! Love to see some progress on this one! It appears other games work well too (Ocarina of Time). Super! :D

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
i can't resist to show my shots :p

All these shots where made on a ATI 9600 PRO with ATI Catalyst 4.3 drivers

menu
20040424_mario64-glide64me-hackGL.jpg

ingame
20040424_Project64_2004-04-24_19-28-30-62.jpg

20040424_Project64_2004-04-24_19-29-01-34.jpg

20040424_Project64_2004-04-24_19-29-19-14.jpg

20040424_Project64_2004-04-24_19-29-24-62.jpg

20040424_Project64_2004-04-24_19-29-29-70.jpg

Last edited:

Shin_Gouki

Hello Hacktarux!
I don´t know if you need help, and i´m not sure if this guy offers help. But at least your doing something similar, so you could definitely exchange some knowledge :)
which then should be able to help you ^^
Here is his g-wrapper page:
http://home.t-online.de/home/zsack/glide_wrapper/index.html
and through this link(from a board were he is active) you can send him a message :)

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/member.php?action=mailform&userid=2038

i hope may be helps a little, and of course i will test you glide wrapper today.
wbr Shin Gouki

revl8er

That Damn Good
You didn't say how the select file screen looks like on your computer. Red or normal colors ?

well I get the red menu and it's also missing the mario icon to the side of the number of stars you have. I tried to make a screenshot, but the gfx plugin locks up the emulator for me.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Mystic Gohan said:
well I get the red menu and it's also missing the mario icon to the side of the number of stars you have. I tried to make a screenshot, but the gfx plugin locks up the emulator for me.
Press print screen, goto paint, hit paste and there's your pic.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Public beta test

I've decided to do a public beta test, let me know if you have any warning or something that's not looking correct and that hasn't been posted yet.