What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
This wrapper is certainly coming along well. It is sad to hear that you don't intend to continue it, though I'm glad you're offering the source for someone to pick up. Anyway, on to the meat of the post. I have a Radeon 7500 and the wrapper is working pretty well on it for the most part. Besides the sin of not working with Zelda:MM that is. :D Well, aside from that here are a couple of common texture related problems (ignore the black bar at the top of the pictures and the cut-off bottom- the screenshots were taken this way for some reason even though they appeared correctly while playing):

This tiling effect appears on several games, though only on certain screens:
ss04.jpg

There also seems to be sort of texture priority issue with textures appearing through ones that are supposed to be in front. Sometimes causing a windowblind effect:
ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

In OOT sometimes the lens of truth works and sometimes it doesn't. This screen where it doesn't work was preceded by several errors I had to click through before the game continued:
ss05.jpg

Later in the shadow room the LOT worked just fine. Go figure.

A couple of less common errors (missing or wrong-colored textures):
ss00.jpg

ss01.jpg

Anyway, like everyone else I have to say great job! Aside from these few bugs (and non-working Zelda:MM!) this plugin really does have evoodoo beat in some ways like the sky in Zelda:OOT properly fading in and out. If this plugin continues in yours or someone else's hands it will easily replace evoodoo as the wrapper of choice.

-Shadow-

Banned
This wrapper is certainly coming along well. It is sad to hear that you don't intend to continue it, though I'm glad you're offering the source for someone to pick up.

How about a petition for this wrapper ? It has even more compatibility than evoodoo (i mean with the FB and so on) . It's really an interesting project !

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi,

Just tested the beta 2 and its better . No error messages with the games I tested . The best thing about this wrapper for me seems to be that the emu controls on windowed mode in 1964 are not covered up and you don't have to hit alt+enter like with eVoodoo . I would like to see a new glide wrapper without all that alt+enter crap . This one is a very good start . Thanks

Quvack

The new version works really nicely on my Radeon 9600 Pro, last one was good but this is just a whole lot better :)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Qun Mang said:
This wrapper is certainly coming along well. It is sad to hear that you don't intend to continue it, though I'm glad you're offering the source for someone to pick up. Anyway, on to the meat of the post. I have a Radeon 7500 and the wrapper is working pretty well on it for the most part. Besides the sin of not working with Zelda:MM that is. :D Well, aside from that here are a couple of common texture related problems (ignore the black bar at the top of the pictures and the cut-off bottom- the screenshots were taken this way for some reason even though they appeared correctly while playing):

Anyway, like everyone else I have to say great job! Aside from these few bugs (and non-working Zelda:MM!) this plugin really does have evoodoo beat in some ways like the sky in Zelda:OOT properly fading in and out. If this plugin continues in yours or someone else's hands it will easily replace evoodoo as the wrapper of choice.

Be sure to set your desktop to 32 bits mode. Otherwise the depth buffer doesn't have enough precision i think. The peach face bug only happen on ATI hardware, that's hard for me to know why...

gandalf said:
Great Job hacktarux!
This Wrapper is only for "high end" video cards (non on-boards such as SiS)?

To use this wrapper you need a video card with at least 2 texture units and that support at least the texture_env_combine extension. The first nvidia card that support it is the TNT which is very old now. So no it's not only for high end but i have no idea if a SiS card support it.

Note that if you only have two texture units, you won't have multitexturing because the wrapper needs the number of texture units of the hardware it tries to emulate +1 to emulate the 3dfx color and alpha combiner.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Hacktarux said:
Be sure to set your desktop to 32 bits mode. Otherwise the depth buffer doesn't have enough precision i think. The peach face bug only happen on ATI hardware, that's hard for me to know why...

Ah. 32-bit mode fixed the missing and windowblind textures. More importantly, Zelda:MM works now. :D

I forgot that my desktop was in 16-bit mode, ironically because evoodoo doesn't work properly in 32-bit mode. Heh.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
A small update that may fix ATI video card problems (peach face and black lines between polygons). I'm really unsure of this as i don't own an ATI, so i'm waiting for ATI owners feedback ;)

Clements

Whatever you have done, you have fixed the black lines that were appearing in my games and the face problems on characters with my GeForce (60.72 drivers)! :D

Awesome! :p

Trotterwatch

It's fixed here too, both the black lines and Peaches face (Radeon 8500). Wonderful work, IMO the main issue (that effected most games) solved:)

Last edited:

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Just tried this and it indeed fixes the lines and the dark textures on my Radeon 7500 (not just on Peach, but on the camera lakitu, toad, and the goombas). Still doesn't fix the occasional areas on OOT where the LOT doesn't work though, but definitely a few steps closer to perfection. I think I will have to take this on a further test run on some more games starting with Zelda:MM.

khanmeister

Banned
Mystic Gohan said:
This latest release fixes peaches face for me, keep up the excellent work.

Now it works much better, however, I can't get dr mario working at all with this wrapper, is that normal?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Just switch between full screen and window mode each time you load a new rom
(it doesn't realy switch to full screen but it fixes the re-initalization problem for me).

minkster

the plugin doesnt seem to want to work for me all i get is a lot of black in my games like supersmash brothers and perfect dark and a lot of games dont load for me :( and it also wont let me enter full screen