What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

Kyo

Yeah..
Yiiippeeeeee! :happy:

Now that's what i was waiting to hear. No matter how many times this has been said, keep up the great work!

rcgamer

the old guy
after switching to some beta 61.11 drivers and using the beta 3 for your wrapper my mario golf problems are gone. heres a screen. the game runs slow though, but everything seems to work as far as effects go , even the breaking glass effect when you drive . also fixed the peach beard and lines. good wrapper . so far in testing these are the best drivers i have used for my 5200 so you might want to try them out. c.o.d multiplayer was running smooth as silk.

ArcaneLore

Majora's Mask!

Oooo! Majora's mask almost works AWESOME with this game. There is only one problem I have found so far, and that is with the Lens of Truth.

Here's a pic of what happens when I try to use it outside the cave I just exited from( in the snow place ).

I'm using a Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB, 2.8GHz P4 533MHz BUS, 2 stick of 512MB DDR PC2700.

rcgamer

the old guy
i think that framebuffer is not implemented fully with this wrapper and that this is the reason for many of the errors. but hac can correct me if i am wrong.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Here's the beta 4 that include the following changes :
-Many missing combiner modes implemented
-Bilinear filtering is only used when required by glide64
-grDrawLines implemented
-Fullscreen/window mode switch implemented (but the status bar will not be hidden in pj64 and 1964, this has to be solved in both glide64 and the wrapper and will probably be in the next glide64 release)

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
@Hacktarux: Fast progress...Testing..
@rcgamer: 61.11 driver is very good..but it doesnt run Far Cry :crazy: (gfx are messed)..I dont know why they dont release a DAMN good driver..

Trotterwatch

Noticed something by accident with this plugin. Both pictures of the same spot on Perfect Dark, one with Frameskip on in 1964, one with it off (toggling it produces the different effects).

Thought it was pretty cool, no idea why this happens though.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Full-screen is working in Nemu, but as in the other emus, the status bars are not hidden.

And i still have to close the emu to start another rom

Also, billinear filtering is no longer forced :)

So far so good, everything working as stated on the changes

rcgamer

the old guy
i still get errors with pokemon puzzle league. mario golf runs ok for a while then freezes the emulator.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
I get a "cannot change to fullscreen mode" error when pressing alt+enter. When I click out of it, it goes to a pseudo-full screen, sort of like a full screen window if my selected resolution is the same as my desktop resolution. If it is less (like 800X600 as I use for a window on my 1024x768 desktop) it will show in that size "window." See the attached picture to see what I mean (warning: 114KB even though a jpeg!); just the GFX- no window border.

Federelli: After you load the second game, if you change to fullscreen and back the wrapper should reinitialize so you shouldn't have to close and restart the emu every time you load a game. Works for me even though it doesn't truly go to fullscreen.

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Trotterwatch, this PD problem is not wrapper's bug. It's 1964 0.99 issue, when it run under Win2k/WinXP. I haven't this bug under Win98SE. PJ64 also works ok here.

Status bar problem in fullscreen mode is fixed in new version of Glide64, will be released soon.

Trotterwatch

Gonetz said:
Trotterwatch, this PD problem is not wrapper's bug. It's 1964 0.99 issue, when it run under Win2k/WinXP. I haven't this bug under Win98SE. PJ64 also works ok here.

hehe, no probs just thought I'd post it as I found it pretty interesting.

Nice to hear about the status bar problem will be fixed in the new version of Glide64 :)

Keep up the great work all involved with Glide64 and this wrapper.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
hac?
The "close emu 2 load another rom-bug" will it b fixed in the next release, too?
It would b great because this is a grandious wrapper and it's a great experience 2 play with it.