What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

Trotterwatch

Camspy working in PD :) Ok it's slow, but that's obviously to be expected, the thing is it works, and it looks nice.

Motion blur also works, but again is obviously slow.

I am incredibly impressed by this wrapper!

Rice

Emulator Developer
It seems what really matters here is the implementation of OGL multitexture combiner. Hacktarux has a lots to do with it. Good luck.

-Shadow-

Banned
Whoohooo , looks nice ^_^

The graphics are looking nice , and i can even take screenshots , umm , well but they look strange ( evoodoo crashes when i try to take a screenshot ) ^_^

Here are some screens of zelda , Link got a funny facial camo ^_^

@rice : Yeah , the glitches really look like multitexturing bugs in the most cases...

@hacktarux : nice work !

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
rcgamer: you have the same video card as mine and i don't experience the two bugs you have. It's most likely a driver problem. Didn't you know ? Nvidia and ATI are introducing new bugs in each driver release to have one more point in 3dmard :(

Anyway most of these bugs can be "solved" like this: do a save state, shutdown the emu, restart the game, load and it works. I don't know why but with latest nvidia drivers on gffx cards, after a while it's ignoring the green and blue components of the texture environnement color (that's why it's all red).

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi, I tested this beta on my Geforce 4 440 MX some games work and some have video. Still have some slow problems . Notice I have to restart the emu to get video back. speed is ok , emu controls ( pause, save, load,screen shot) are unresponsive . Using 56.64 FW Drivers and glide64 ME. Some graphics glitches in game . This looks to be a good wrapper keep up the good work.

Last edited:

knowitman

Great job man!!! This wrapper has GREAT speep on Framebuffer effects. It runs at full speed on Mario Kart 64 when the screen shows up with the framebuffer and everything. It also doesn't clip the pod racers and Star Wars Episode 1 racer. Every other plugin will make them disappear if they got so close to the screen yours doesn't. I have a Ge Force FX5200 with I think the lates drivers. I don't really know how to check what version I have. I updated April 1. I have version Version: 56.72. I just checked the website.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
Hacktarux said:
rcgamer: you have the same video card as mine and i don't experience the two bugs you have. It's most likely a driver problem. Didn't you know ? Nvidia and ATI are introducing new bugs in each driver release to have one more point in 3dmard :(

Anyway most of these bugs can be "solved" like this: do a save state, shutdown the emu, restart the game, load and it works. I don't know why but with latest nvidia drivers on gffx cards, after a while it's ignoring the green and blue components of the texture environnement color (that's why it's all red).

red is just the color that happened to show on that shot. other times the charactters are all blue or yellow looking. i changed drivers to 56.72 and still get the same. mario kart does work well though.

rcgamer

the old guy
conkers works and so does mickeys speedway, there are lines through the textures , a few graphic glitches. and hardware framebuffer causes an exception.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Heres some shots i thought id do as probley no one else would.

Plus Hacks found something sim to the peach prob (Stuble Shadow) on Super Smash Bros check out those pics.

rcgamer

the old guy
here's some more shots for you. I have noticed in a lot of the games , where there is text is very dark or you cant see it well. like in aidyn chronicles.

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
rcgamer said:
red is just the color that happened to show on that shot. other times the charactters are all blue or yellow looking. i changed drivers to 56.72 and still get the same. mario kart does work well though.
Use the driver on your card's cd(it is :cry: FW44 I think)..this would fix alot of your problems(thats strange :ermm: !!!)..no shadow on Link's face or red color on mario's

zzz

Wow!

WOW! Amazing! I have a Geforce 2 integrated gpu (Huh...) using the driver 56.72 and Glide 0.7 with hacktarux glide wrapper 0.1 beta 1 in 1964. Mario Kart is FLAWLESS! F-Zero is very good too. Zelda OOT have some problems (especially the field), but is good. And in SM64 the Peach face is perfect. VERY IMPRESSIVE, see the shots.
Sorry for my english
Zzz

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
heres a shot of star wars shadows of the empire
to pokemoner, thanks but no im not changing my drivers to 40 series . i like to play pc games and my drivers work great with rices plugin. i also have a voodoo 2 and a voodoo 3 .

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Another one:
-it should be faster in some games
-it fixes the zelda logo bug and hopefully other games
-a few more combiner modes implemented
-it should no longer crash on video cards that do not support pbuffers

Trotterwatch

Brilliant, I'm off to try this one out now. With the previous version I've just been treated to the Rocket Launcher sight not only working, but looking good and working fast with the wrapper :)

knowitman

I will try it out also. I really like this new wrapper. It just doesn't run well on the newest nvidia drivers. I am thinking you will fix that though.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Great Job hacktarux!
This Wrapper is only for "high end" video cards (non on-boards such as SiS)?