What's new

Melee Arcive Viewer (MAV) in development project.

OP
Tcll

Tcll

Complexity == Fun >:3
Um... I have. Plenty of times. I made a Jigglypuff with Sonic spikes, and a Dr. Mario with no Stethoscope or Headband (sorry, I'm in no position to provide snapshots).

Now, I actually have, a flawless vert importer for Melee, on my site. On the downloads page, there is a GM program called 'Melee Model Converter'. Now, read the instructions for this one, because it's not as friendly as the CPP program. However, it will not glitch. It will export the vertices within a 1/256^2 byte. However, I can't remember, this may be the one that doesn't export for extremely hi-def models (only Toys are hi-def from my experience). Anyway, just look and see.

I see you still don't have any images on your site...
here...
try Picasa web albumbs: http://picasaweb.google.com/
this works perfectly from my experiance...
and it's free... (of course (I use it))

Milun

Yeah... I intend to fix my website soon, updating the Face information and whatnot. However at the moment my schedule is filled, so I won't be able to update it today...

When I do, I'll be sure to redirect to your site and this thread and all.

Milun

OMG OMG OMG!!!

Looklooklooklooklooklooklooklooklook:

FYI: There used to be a block underneath the one moved to the top (It used to be on the far right) and both of them are treated like real blocks. It's not in the image because of the ingenious computer destroying it (gr...). Plus, my emulator crashed (once), yet I couldn't recreate the crash again no matter what I did. I'm going to blame it on something else for now... but I am so haaaapppyy!!! My hack will live!

But also, for some odd reason, changing one value not only moves it upward, but also left. No idea why.

EDIT: Never mind the last paragraph, I figured out how to move it properly... alriiiiiiight!

Last edited:

Myuutsuu

forever.
Friggin awesome, Milun. :D
By chance, are you going to make it so that when people spawn on the arena, they'll fall on the blocks first thing? (I know this isn't too much an inconvenience in Melee mode, where all characters can easily recover... but in something like All-Star, it's an instant death since your char doesn't have the trophy-loading animation.)

Milun

Yeah, I know what you mean (the solution is to put your controller into port 3 or 4). I intend to look into that.

GameWatching

awesome Milun T_T

can you tell me from which offset you started and you ended to make this jigglypuff with the model converter made with Game Maker ?

Milun

Remake Kingdom... is... COMPLETE!

(All textures (except one) are using Steelia's Smash Bros. 64 hack, because it seemed appropriate. All credit to Steelia on that part; thanks, those textures look great for this hack!)

Here's what I changed:

* Lifts are now lower; Their string is longer and more out of the way.
* NO MORE BLOCKS!
* Upper blast line sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiightly higher. This was mainly due to Fox always getting easy kills on the stage anOH NO THE TOURNAMENT PLAYERS WILL GET ME FOR CHANGING A BANNED STAGE! :p
* Lower blast line sliiiightly lower.
* Blocks don't respawn, but then again, they're never there in the first place.

One problem left: I still can't change the characters (players 1 & 2) spawn points. But I'll leave that for another day, as since the lifts are now lower, it's even easier than before to make the jump (just be sure to be in controller port 3 or 4 when playing all-star melee).

Here's your link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N883HBTJ

Enjoy, and once more, thanks to Steelia for texture hack (this was copy and pasted from Smashboards).

Last edited:
OP
Tcll

Tcll

I had an idea...

what if we took a char from brawl...
and replaced that char in melee...
(excluding thenew chars)

tell me what you think of that :)

Myuutsuu

forever.
Downloaded, Milun. Glad you think the texture fits. :D
(Hm. I wonder if a semi-64 MK is possible... Remove the middle, keep the left/right, move some blocks... Huh.)

In any case, @Tcll, honestly... not really interested. I wouldn't mind model updates for characters like Pikachu and Ness (ESPECIALLY Ness), but... seriously... I've gotten really sick of the Brawl chars; don't feel very inspiring. I'd be more interested in creating something new, something that would actually draw people in, like K. Rool, Ridley, Midna, the like (with King K. and Ridley having trophies already!).
Sonic's cool, though, he'd probably be the only one from the Brawl roster I'd actually want to see. He was BUILT for a game like Melee. *v*

Milun

Positive. I've tested it myself a countless amounts of times when testing on JigglyPuff. Are you still having problems? If so, tell me what they are please.

Downloaded, Milun. Glad you think the texture fits. :D
(Hm. I wonder if a semi-64 MK is possible... Remove the middle, keep the left/right, move some blocks... Huh.)

Of course it's possible. Hm... I just thought of a Mario World/Yoshi's Island theme for the stage (with a floor made of destructible blocks). I could make it, or make a program for editing MK... Either way, that's for later.

Last edited:

Myuutsuu

forever.
...Throws and junk?????

Looks like those Melee Backroom guys really ARE doing something in their room... eheh.
Dunno if that'll help anybody, but what the hey.

Ah, about those destructible blocks, Milun... what if Bowser/Yoshi used their buttbombs? Wouldn't that pretty much be a quick way to SD? >.>

Milun

uuh... Well I guess. I haven't made it yet, but yeah, maaaaaaaybe it's not such a good idea. Also, I doubt I'm going to release an MK1 editor, as I'm already piled up with projects that need doing. : (

Last edited:

GameWatching

when the melee arcive viewer will be done ?

also i m going try the model converter with GM just when i finish this SSBB Falco vertex hack :
finalwillbe.png

Milun

Nu izviniti senior, yeto zanimayet mnogo vremini.
(Sorry senior, these things take time).

Trust me, with the new discoveries about Hitboxes and grabs made in Smash Boards, the viewer is that much closer, but we're still yet to get decent UV's out of models.

OP
Tcll

Tcll

when the melee arcive viewer will be done ?

I passed the actual app to Revel...
whether he chooses to do it or not is up to him...

I'm working on a blender importer/exporter...

I can't program a GUI for crap DX