What's new

Known bugs & issues in 0.99

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Well, I'm also hoping that the instability with certain games (Banjo-Tooie comes readily to mind) will be fixed. This game in particular is WAY more stable in 0.85.

olivieryuyu

there is a bug with expansion pack with LucasArts Games (i mean Rogue Squadron, Indy and Battle for Naboo): the game are stuck to the first page with it ..... Also there is some problem with sound compared to PJ64 and they only support interpreter (PJ64 have missing opcodes with those games and have to be played in interpreter too)

and yes the problem of no booting with Banjo Tooie japanese version without a RSP

Hope that Schibo 'll read a bit that thread ....

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
jessman1988, in PJgameFAQ.chm (Hey You, Pikachu!):

Which input plugin should I use for voice support?
The only way to get voice support in this game is to use real N64 hardware accessories (a genuine N64 microphone and a genuine N64 controller) on a genuine Adaptoid using the Adaptoid input plugin provided. Note that this will theoretically work, but has not been tested.

jessman1988

Banned
"HEH! That's-a not-a lee-gal move!" - Mario's Game Gallery --Windows 95, 256 colors

I know THAT! But, it IS possible to implement mic support for pc mics, is it not? that's what i meant, lol.

Urok

Bird!
Not necessarily a bug fix, but a new feature I'd like. Hopefully, can we get 1.0 to be able to list roms from multiple folders (or subfolders)? I got my stuff in seperate directories (USA, PD, OverDumps, NewestTranslations, etc.) to keep things organized and it gets a bit tedious switching from folder to folder trying to find what to experiment with. Just a thought...

roxoxx

wdc

i think is most important that 1964 1.0 play games that also other emulators (and 1964 0.99) are'nt able to play too... like World driver championship (arf!...), Rogue squadron, etc...
sorry for my bad english......

GeniusJennis

And it would be nice if the Command Line issues where fixed too.
They worked fine in previous versions of 1964 but they seem to be broken in V0.99

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
You can maximal post a rom name with 50 letters or lower, but some games have a bigger name and not all letters are shown, because after that the name is cut down.

Last edited:
OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
well, a classic one:
DK64
the intro & barrell shooting still needs to be fixed. Just to avoid the CF changing...

PS: are there any serius bugs with this game? anybody has complete this game at 100%? (always emulator's related)

olivieryuyu

Some direct framebuffer that should be processed by the emulator is not detected. But that's a common issue with all emus i think. :(

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
like some other apps, (because M$?) that aren't compatible with SP2 for winXP. a friend told me that 1964 isn't working at all since sp2 was out....(he has an Intel proccesor) but maybe it was a particular case...

EDIT: in my Athlon 2100+, 1964 works OK (with winXP Home sp2) :santa:

Last edited:

ASk

Dark Lord Of Sith
repost as per request

I am using a 3rd party Windows shell (BB4Win). When using 1964 0.99, the main window moves up ~80 pixels every time when it creates the renderer window, and must be manually moved down. It should be a fairly trivial bug to fix, I suspect it has something to do with the difference between values returned by BB4win and explorer.exe.

Perhaps just get the desktop dimensions and center the window?
Something like this would probably work
Code:
// assume w_width, w_height are the required width/height values of the window, and are smaller than desktop dimensions
// also, assume that hMain is the hwnd of the main window (or the renderer)
RECT rDesktopRect;
GetWindowRect(GetDesktopWindow(), &rDesktopRect);
SetWindowPos(hMain,
                     HWND_TOP,
                     (rDesktopRect.right - w_width)/2,
                     (rDesktopRect.bottom - w_height)/2,
                     w_width,
                     w_height,
                     SWP_NOZORDER);

I am unable to do the change myself, since there's no source code of 0.99 available. Therefore, it would be nice to see this bug squashed, like it deserves

olivieryuyu

- Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness: Gfx lock in classic mode (cpu writes directly to frame buffer)

- Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards: the health and power bar is a core problem due to timings (same problem that Top Gear Overdrive - Hyperdrive) (and avoid with ulhle audio plugin and Rice video plugin)

Last edited:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Sorry, I haven't been much in this forum in the last few months...
It seems as if 1964 is dead...is it? Or are they still working on 1.0 ?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Engeljaeger said:
Sorry, I haven't been much in this forum in the last few months...
It seems as if 1964 is dead...is it? Or are they still working on 1.0 ?

I dunno now, because I was a beta tester for 1964 0.9.9 back in late 2003 and still haven't even been given a beta version of 1964 1.0.