What's new

Known bugs & issues in 0.99

ggab

Emutalk Member
my intention:
in this topic, you can post in a cleaner way, all the replies already posted (or not yet) in other forum topics.

For example:
For Ogre Battle 64, in 0.99 backgrounds are there, but sprites are missing (0.99 has JPEG decoding problem with this game).
But in a v1.00 beta, i think, Rice has posted a sshot, it's said that already was fixed.

Excluding: ROM_Properties.ini & Video plugins....
but if it is related to the 1964 (core?) u can :icecream:

Last edited:

Legend

I really don't know if this is an emulator thing but the 2 Castlevania's and Sanfran2049 & rush extreme don't have rumble when they all should. All my other 48 rumble pak supporting games work fine.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I'm guess this is a core problem, correct me if I'm wrong though. Nba Hangtime hangs using any plugin I have tried.

olivieryuyu

well it 'll be difficult to know if it 's an emu problem or a gfx problem or both

so without a comparison with other emu it'll be difficult to see if it's a emu

for nba showtime: right could be emu problem because pj 64 boot it and only hangs in going in game. Timings are important for some games and can be solved either in emu or in gfx plugin

example: stunt racer: emu or gfx problem: extremely difficult to know
should be an unknow microcode

vigilant 8 : emu or gfx plugin problem ? - black background are yuv jepg not unhandled : so it seems to be both

well let's be cautious

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
olivieryuyu said:
vigilant 8 : emu or gfx plugin problem ? - black background are yuv jepg not unhandled : so it seems to be both

Vigilante 8 - problably is the emu...... why? Works good with Direct64 + Mupen for windows...... i had only a total slowdown in-game, problably because Mupen don't have a recompiler...

olivieryuyu

Nighty0 said:
Vigilante 8 - problably is the emu...... why? Works good with Direct64 + Mupen for windows...... i had only a total slowdown in-game, problably because Mupen don't have a recompiler...

not only emu: the background menu are not drawn even with mupen ... it could be yuv jpeg unhandled with mupen or gfx plugin or both ....

Last edited:

sultanoswing

A couple of suggestions:

1) Conker's Bad Fur Day: Rumble Support.

The rumble works fine in PJ64 (1.5 service release) using N-rage's 1.82 plugin.
DOesn't work in any configuration of N-rage in 1964 0.99

2) Azimer's 0.55 audio. Stereo channels are incorrectly reversed. Now before you say this is only a plugin issue - the channels are correct when using PJ64, so I assume there's some subtle core issue at work here.

Cheers & Good luck with 1.0!!

olivieryuyu

a 0.99 bug:

G.A.S.P! Fighter's NEXTream: screen resolution problem: gfx not centred even with rice plugin. doesn't occur with mupen

winfy

h3h3 said:
ya right
1.u can't choose taken pictures
2.the workaround code doesn't fix that issue

It's the issue of the Videoplugin/Videocard!

3dfx: Glide64 0.5/0.7ME (Enable "Smart Reading" and "Read every Frame")

nVidia/ATI: RiceVideo 5.4.3 (N64 Framebuffer -> "Basic Framebuffer")

works fine.

I also made a Pokemon Snap "Make Pictures Selectable" Cheat, but it only force the "Oak's Mark" button selectable. (to see some Pokemon is a problem of the Videoplugin)

cu winfy

dataangel

I universally have problems with RE2 -- I'm beginning to doubt it's just a plugin issue. But 1964 does get farther than any other emulator ;)

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
olivieryuyu said:
vigilante 8: not emu problem: jabo 1.5 ok

I'm not trying to flame you or one of the best n64 emulators, but i'm little confused now...... :\
1. Direct64 .5 Alpha + Mupen 0.31: Option Screen. In 1964 i got only a blackscreen....
2. Direct64 .5 Alpha + Mupen 0.31: Car Selection. Nothing in 1964.....
3. Direct64 .5 Alpha + Mupen 0.31: In game: Everthing Ok, only the speed is the problem.....
4. Jabo 1.51 + Mupen 0.31: Car selection. SAME in 1964......
5. Jabo 1.51 + Mupen 0.31: HUD flickering. No flickering in 1964. Speed is very slow.

Legend

Mystic Gohan said:
I'm guess this is a core problem, correct me if I'm wrong though. Nba Hangtime hangs using any plugin I have tried.

The game works good with Glide64 and a V4 but perfect with a V5. I do miss that card sometimes-but not much. :satisfied
It only barely playable with my V2 setup.
But something screwy is definetly going on with that game. It's the ONLY game that has speed issues on my V2 (60 or so games we're talking here).
I remember someone saying that you could use lemmy's plugin and it worked good but I tried so hard and never got it to work. I love that game-definetly one of my favorites.

olivieryuyu

Nighty0 said:
I'm not trying to flame you or one of the best n64 emulators, but i'm little confused now...... :\
1. Direct64 .5 Alpha + Mupen 0.31: Option Screen. In 1964 i got only a blackscreen....
2. Direct64 .5 Alpha + Mupen 0.31: Car Selection. Nothing in 1964.....
3. Direct64 .5 Alpha + Mupen 0.31: In game: Everthing Ok, only the speed is the problem.....
4. Jabo 1.51 + Mupen 0.31: Car selection. SAME in 1964......
5. Jabo 1.51 + Mupen 0.31: HUD flickering. No flickering in 1964. Speed is very slow.

well ok it could be emu and gfx plugin: let see what direct64 will show at next release.

the last screenshot is impressive because i didn't know that jabo manage to emulate the texture of the kind of lod system of vigilante 8: it's the right gfx

Last edited: