What's new

Known bugs & issues in 0.99

olivieryuyu

????

Legend said:
The game works and a V4 but good with Glide64 perfect with a V5. I do miss that card sometimes-but not much. :satisfied
It only barely playable with my V2 setup.
But something screwy is definetly going on with that game. It's the ONLY game that has speed issues on my V2 (60 or so games we're talking here).
I remember someone saying that you could use lemmy's plugin and it worked good but I tried so hard and never got it to work. I love that game-definetly one of my favorites.

NBA Showtime - NBA on NBC:

interesting Legend ...... you can play with a v5 this game ?

i never succeed to play this game: it hangs before going in game

to boot this game, schibos sound plugin is needed: no sound at all anyway

it's a sound problem (link to core problem ?) : no alist at all

olivieryuyu

dataangel said:
I universally have problems with RE2 -- I'm beginning to doubt it's just a plugin issue. But 1964 does get farther than any other emulator ;)

well 1964 with daedalus unofficial rsp work quite well with r2

but without this rsp ....

core ?

Legend

olivieryuyu said:
NBA Showtime - NBA on NBC:

interesting Legend ...... you can play with a v5 this game ?

i never succeed to play this game: it hangs before going in game

to boot this game, schibos sound plugin is needed: no sound at all anyway

it's a sound problem (link to core problem ?) : no alist at all

No buddy, HANGTIME not SHOWTIME. =]
It the N64 version of NBA JAM.
I've never played Showtime but Hangtime is a blast.

dataangel

Actually even with those it doesn't work very well for me :p

I'm gonna learn all the code necessary to understand this source and get movies working ;)

olivieryuyu

?

Mystic Gohan said:
I got showtime working using glide64 using azimers audio fix version of pj64.

yep you're right

thanks for the info

anyway that is a bug link to audio/core of 1964 0.99

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Cheating should be a core prob, too.
Because it recognize a rom only by it's internal name, but it should do it by it's checksum, because there are a lot of cheating problems resulting by this, because e.g. Zelda OoT has different versions with the same internal name but different codes...
It would be cool to, if it could be like in PJ64 with main and minor cheats like
"Beta Quest -1
-2"
and such things. Hope it will be fixed & added.

olivieryuyu

the geometry problem in Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding : the skate are wrong with every plugin .... With using pj64 no such a bug .....

MasterPhW

It's core related but not a real bug, because it was done for PJ64, but probably it would be possible to add a RDX compatibility to 1964, because the emu can't read this (because it is/was for PJ64, I know) and it was such a great work, it would be cool if support will be added to the rom browser...
But it isn't really a bug, I say it again!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
For those saying Pokemon snap has core issues, thats half right, it also has Gfx issues.

The core issue is on the first level you can't move, you can on the real thing, i know, i own this game cartridge wise *shamefully*, dunno about the other levels, but you definatly can't move on the first.

the gfx issue is the framebuffer.

The Siskoo

Pro Yak Yu King Baseball (J) [!] :
- freeze with 1964 0.9.9 (tested with rice 5.6.0, jabo's 1.5.1 and direct64/Schibo's audio, jabo's directsound and non sound)
- The game boot with PJ64 1.5

olivieryuyu

The Siskoo said:
Pro Yak Yu King Baseball (J) [!] :
- freeze with 1964 0.9.9 (tested with rice 5.6.0, jabo's 1.5.1 and direct64/Schibo's audio, jabo's directsound and non sound)
- The game boot with PJ64 1.5

it work perfectly with glide64 .... and 1964

MasterPhW

Core Prob: PJ64 and 1964 saves all their savestates by it's internal name of the rom not the zip/rom name, but that makes some probs if some roms (like GC Version or master quest of zelda) have the same internal name...

That should be a sticky thread, doesn't it? *call the mods*

Toninho_sv

N64emulation enthusiast
Well... i Really want to know if there is even a clue of what keeps world driver championship not working? Will it even be tried to fix (in 1.0)(in case someone have not noticed it not working yet...its a not well known game... but it's my favorite N64 game (and one of the best phisics model of a racing game EVER MADE...the car handling is very realistic)
But BTW, i OWN it on n64, so i'm not in such a hurry... just wanted to know if someone have figured out what is wrong with this game, if its a emulator bug or else...

olivieryuyu

Toninho_sv said:
Well... i Really want to know if there is even a clue of what keeps world driver championship not working? Will it even be tried to fix (in 1.0)(in case someone have not noticed it not working yet...its a not well known game... but it's my favorite N64 game (and one of the best phisics model of a racing game EVER MADE...the car handling is very realistic)
But BTW, i OWN it on n64, so i'm not in such a hurry... just wanted to know if someone have figured out what is wrong with this game, if its a emulator bug or else...

good question .....

olivieryuyu

news

the games that was working with 1964 version 0.73 and that doesn't works now (something is broken)

Taz Express: it work only with Rice now and was working with all plugins before.
Yakouchuu II - Satsujun Kouru: not looping intro but after a dlist error occured (looping means wrong adresses memory somewhere)
Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr, Ken Griffey Jr.'S Slugfest that was working: work with jabo, gln64,directalpha, 1964opengl 4.1 (strangely doesn't work with rice and glide64)

also there is the core/audio problem with many games (tarzan,hydrothunder,hvs adventure racing, top gear overdrive/hyperdrive ....................)

Last edited: