What's new

I finally built a new computer...

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
GogoTheMimic said:
I think I'm just going to get a nVidia when I get an extra 200 saved up. Any suggestions?
yes, i suggest you re-install windows and sort your problems out before buying a new card.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
you dont know - i dont know. so how can you justify buying a new graphics card when it could be your psu, cpu or motherboard?

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
reformat and reinstalling windows would be the first step. get the software out of the way beofre you move on to the hardware.

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
The thing that I don't get is that I have all of the newest drivers and everything. Do you think that it could be all of my *cough* ill gotten software?

flow``

flow``
never know..
everyone who knew me knew i like to format about once every month or two just to put on a fresh install of things and updates.. so it wouldnt hurt if you didnt have much to lose, or like me and have 2 other drives to store software images :p and backup docs or whatever.

if you have a few hours to kill it's worth a try. enjoy downloading the 50 megs of updates from WU for winxp+sp1 :)!

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Actually, I just opened my case and felt my vid card, it is BURNING! I think I'm going to have to get another case fan and put it RIGHT next to the card huh?

EDIT: Now I'm screwed because newegg no longer carries the same model of vid card and since it's over 30 days, I can't get a refund so now I have to try to get one through Sapphire who aren't helping me much either. I'm sick of this shit, anybody want to suggest a good nVidia card that's under $160? How does this one sound?
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=380&MODEL=MS-8894

EDIT2: I lowered my speed to 4x instead of 8x and had one of my fans pointed right on the card and benchmarked it. It actually went through the whole thing without freezing, here's a pic of the stats, I got 2878 points, whatever that means. Is that good?

Last edited: