What's new

I finally built a new computer...

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
And just built a new PC and was testing out my Pj64 to see how good my new vid card fares, it's a Sapphire Radeon 9500 and I'm having some problems. First of all, I *think* I remember reading something that it's normal for some of the gun textures to be green or white in G007. The PP7 and the right Phantom are the one's that I've noticed such problems. Also, when I bring up the pause screen in OoT, it takes FOREVER and when it comes up, there is a weird prism-like series of lines and triangles that show up. I can't attach pictures yet because my new comp isn't hooked up to the net yet but I can soon. Do you have any ideas as to what settings I should use? Do you need more info about my comp? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

GogoTheMimic said:
And just built a new PC and was testing out my Pj64 to see how good my new vid card fares, it's a Sapphire Radeon 9500 and I'm having some problems. First of all, I *think* I remember reading something that it's normal for some of the gun textures to be green or white in G007. The PP7 and the right Phantom are the one's that I've noticed such problems. Also, when I bring up the pause screen in OoT, it takes FOREVER and when it comes up, there is a weird prism-like series of lines and triangles that show up. I can't attach pictures yet because my new comp isn't hooked up to the net yet but I can soon. Do you have any ideas as to what settings I should use? Do you need more info about my comp? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
For the guns in GoldenEye, (AFAIK) it's a known issues.
And for the time it takes to open the subscreen in OoT is also a known issue, but it can be fixed with a cheat that comes with PJ64 SP1, and for the background, I don't remember how to fix it.

WhiteX

I believe the background thing into the pause menu on Oot get corrected with Emulate clear and on MQ it was sometimes "place sensitive".

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
You must check "Self-Rendered Textures" for the picture of Link in the subscreen to work (you should turn on framebuffer emulation with your card as well, and have to for the above option to do anything.)

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Thanks guys. Also, in CBFD, Conker's crown in the beginning is just a drab tan color. On my old computer, the panter king was all white and the grass sprites were surrounded in white squares, but I don't have those two problems with my new comp. If I have any more probs, I'll be sure to post them. Thanks again as always.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
The weird triangles in the subscreen were fixed for me by updating my video drivers, but now I get the following. Only on the Quest Status page.

As for the delay, you can do one of two things. 1) Use the aforementioned cheat, or 2) set the CF to 1.

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Okay, now I have an even bigger problem. Now the emu freezes up my comp whenever I open anything. o_0

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Um, could somebody help me out with this? Sorry for double posting but I'd really like to get this fixed and I needed to bump it up.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
There are a lot of issues with Radeons... try using Rice's Daedalus latest version. Should help a lot. Oh, and turn the FULL Framebuffer on. :flowers:

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
It figures, I go against my gut instinct of getting a nVidia and now I find out that there are tons of problems with Radeons... >.< Okay, lemme try those changes and I'll edit this post with an update. Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, where is the full frame buffer option? ^_^;;

Last edited:
OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I just changed my plugin to the newest verion of Daedalus and it made everything all funky looking, here's a pic. Also, when I try to change anything, I get a cannot find ini file error. Also, when I changd it back to my Jabu driver, it once again froze up, this time my whole computer froze up, not just p64. :doh:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
You need to look in the Rice's 5.1.0d feedback thread for info on using 3DAnalyse. That should fix your problems.

It's a driver thing. It was broken in Cat 3.4, worked in 3.5, and got broken again in 3.6.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
there are not tons of problems with radeons:rolleyes: i sick to death of nvidiots bashing ati for problems that dont exist.

GogoTheMimic do you have all the latest drivers?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
We don't have the treasure chest bug in jabos 1.5 anyway ;P (zelda oot) its golden instead of black on my end

Raziel

meh ?
Sayargh, the bug is gone for me ;)
Used to get it with my GF2, once I got my FX, *poof* everythign went back to normal.
Weird thing is that it used to work right on my GF2.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
james.miller said:
there are not tons of problems with radeons:rolleyes: i sick to death of nvidiots bashing ati for problems that dont exist.

I think Tagrineth meant with N64 emulation. Not in general. Btw. She's no Nvidiot. Hehe.