What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

HighResEaser - retexture backgrounds in a wink

OP
M

microdev

Hi microdev,

sorry this is an old file and I only got the reconstructed psd with hires layer anymore.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3G35BA50

BTW: I fixed the problem. As hires easer (or photoshop) seem to have a problem with transparent selection I tried another method.

I made a solid version of the hires layer by adding a simple color under it and merging. And sliced it up.

I used a rename programme to change the last three letters at the end of the filename 'ALL' to 'rgb'

I went back to the original psd. Selected the transparency of my hires layer and filled it with white. Added a black layer under it and merged again, so I got an alpha channel. (A script could probably simply use the alpha channel)

I split it up again to a different folder and again used the rename programm to change the 'ALL' to 'a'

Now I put both sets in one folder and flattend the layers with a batch action (thats because of a plugin limitation)

And voila it worked....

I guess it would be possible to integrate this into hires easer as a special option for transparency issues e.g.
Of course it's not a real fix - just a workaround...

So is this the psd with the transparent tiles or the modified one? I would need the one with the transparent tiles to reproduce the bug. And if you still have the TextureId.txt (or however it was called) mapping file would be great as well.

many thanks,

microdev

EDIT: After investigating the script, the bug posted by heroshade might be caused if the tiles that are smaller than the others are located at the end of a row.
As hireseaser uses the dimensions of the first tile to calculate the dimensions of the canvas this might lead to wrong dimensions of the last tiles in a row in this case.
I will apply the corresponding changes hopefully tomorrow. But the reason for your bug seems to be different & is not yet clear to me...

Btw. you did the 100th post in this thread and won a feature at your choise ;)

Last edited:

mode7

OMG 100th post! Great!
This psd causes the bug. This is all I have left - I had some harddisk trouble back then. The underlying tiles don't have alpha, but that doesn't make a difference. I just used them to proof bug isn't caused by the original tiles but by the hires layer or the way it is split up.

OP
M

microdev

OMG 100th post! Great!
This psd causes the bug. This is all I have left - I had some harddisk trouble back then. The underlying tiles don't have alpha, but that doesn't make a difference. I just used them to proof bug isn't caused by the original tiles but by the hires layer or the way it is split up.

My first assumptions were wrong. It is indeed a quite nasty bug of the PS scripting API. Elements with transparent pixels are simply copied wrong.
It took me some nerves. I found a workaround that works quite fine for the jigsaw part.Unfortunately for the texture arrangement I don't have a
satisfying solution yet.

I would really need an example to be able to make some progress there, meaning the .png files, the corresponding TextureMarks.txt
(the file generated by hireseaser) and the order of the texture ids.

I'll have to stop the work on that, till someone is so kind to upload the needed files.

mode7

I'll see what i can do. Perhaps I'll do the menu of OoT. I wanted to do it anyway and I already have a dump somewhere.

OP
M

microdev

I'll see what i can do. Perhaps I'll do the menu of OoT. I wanted to do it anyway and I already have a dump somewhere.

Great. I'll send you the fix for the splitting (option 3) by PM hopefully tonight. Than you can test it if you want. For the other part I have already an idea in mind. Unfortunately I don't have time atm and also very limited possibilities to try things out. Thus take your time, it's not urgent.

mode7

Ok did the same with the ocarina of time menu, which is composed exactly in the same manner.

Only thing I changed: I cliped 64px on the right side of the canvas to get the right size (as we know the last collumn is smaller)
Result: Them misplacement didn't happen
BUT: The textures on the last collumn still have the wrong size.

Here are the files you needed:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0PLM5D2T

OP
M

microdev

Could you or someone else please create this for or somehow port this to GIMP?

Nope, I don't have time to do so, sorry.

But it's open source and the code should be more or less completely commented. So feel free to give it a try...

I can provide you support concerning any further questions about the code.

mode7

Gimp uses python scripting, while PS uses java sript.
While both seem to be fairly (yeah thats the problem) similar , the syntax both use will be different.

But I think for someone capable of scripting phyton and javascript and with a good documentation it won't be a big problem to port it. But I don't think it will be worth the effort either.

Just get PS.

HylianEagle

So is anyone making a port of this to Gimp or Paint.NET? This would be perfect for solving an issue I have with a texture pack I have. I have little skill in programming but I would be willing to try to learn if I can.

Besides, I don't really have the money for PS right now (maybe the cheaper $70 one this year but...) so my only options are Paint.NET and Gimp.

OP
M

microdev

So is anyone making a port of this to Gimp or Paint.NET? This would be perfect for solving an issue I have with a texture pack I have. I have little skill in programming but I would be willing to try to learn if I can.

No, I don't think anybody is about porting it to other paint programs.

But if you want to - go for it!

The code should be virtually completely commented. As I wrote,
I have no time to port it to another system (and no motivation as
well). But I can help you with explaining what I did and why.

microdev

HylianEagle

Cool, I don't know much programming though so I'll need to learn how to write a plugin like this for paint.NET (I prefer Paint.NET over Gimp because it has a better interface).

OP
M

microdev

Cool, I don't know much programming though so I'll need to learn how to write a plugin like this for paint.NET (I prefer Paint.NET over Gimp because it has a better interface).

Well, it's of course completely up to you to which system you port the script and I understand your reason. What would speak for Gimp is that Gimp is free and open source software and available for virtually all platforms.

HylianEagle

Well, in your opinion, which would be easier to program for? I would use gimp if it were "officially" all one window and for this purpose I would gladly download and use it if I could code for it more easily.

OP
M

microdev

Well, in your opinion, which would be easier to program for? I would use gimp if it were "officially" all one window and for this purpose I would gladly download and use it if I could code for it more easily.

As I didn't code anything for Gimp or Paint.net, I don't know for which one it is easier to code. But I guess, for whatever you opt, it doesn't make any big difference in terms of complexity - it's just scripting at the end. ;)

My point was more about the availibility of the graphics tool itself.

HylianEagle

True, I think that if I do this I will code it for gimp, that way no one has to make another program like this for linux or mac.

Craig R.

Well, it's of course completely up to you to which system you port the script and I understand your reason. What would speak for Gimp is that Gimp is free and open source software and available for virtually all platforms.
GIMP would be great

Degrader

Seriously, this is the most useful tool ever. This makes editing the interior rooms on zelda possible. YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!!